Remove Advertisements

WotLK Datamined Paladin Talent Trees!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby ulushnar » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:12 pm

Worldie wrote:Those 2 extra charges might make Improved Holy Shield not good to take.

Maybe. I guess it depends how much the extra +20% damage is worth compared to what else you'd get with those points.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

yeah

Postby Mavrix » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:28 pm

Well there is also the 15% bonus damage from Shield of the Templar, so why not max out the damage from HS? It would seem we'll be blocking a lot and that we're being sort of funneled into the "block based" tank role.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:36 pm

The reason is simple, cause our tree is extremely bloated and those 2 points might go somewhere else...

TOO MUCH DECISION , GIMME BACK MY 40/21 :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Melathys » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:37 pm

official trees are out. Stoicism says resistance to dispel mechanics.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... ents2.html
Melathys

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:41 pm

It was obvious.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Lieris wrote:It looks the same to me too.

I still can't get my head around GBtL. A chance within a chance to reduce mana cost of one spell in an already bloated talent tree? :? You must be joking. If you need more mana take off your pants or /sit, at least those don't cost talent points nor are they a proc.

Blizzard probably listened to the moaners who don't know what to do in content they over-gear. Good intentions but misguided sadly :)

The proc means that you WILL have 50% cost consecrates when AoE tanking, but not always when single-target. I think it's meant to be prohibitively expensive such that you might prioritize out of rotation until a proc. In other words, another little edge that favors us on multiple targets.

10 HS charges in 8 seconds? Good lord. I guess they really are going to put all four horsemen in 10-man Naxx :P
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lieris » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:12 pm

PsiVen wrote:
Lieris wrote:It looks the same to me too.

I still can't get my head around GBtL. A chance within a chance to reduce mana cost of one spell in an already bloated talent tree? :? You must be joking. If you need more mana take off your pants or /sit, at least those don't cost talent points nor are they a proc.

Blizzard probably listened to the moaners who don't know what to do in content they over-gear. Good intentions but misguided sadly :)

The proc means that you WILL have 50% cost consecrates when AoE tanking, but not always when single-target. I think it's meant to be prohibitively expensive such that you might prioritize out of rotation until a proc. In other words, another little edge that favors us on multiple targets.

10 HS charges in 8 seconds? Good lord. I guess they really are going to put all four horsemen in 10-man Naxx :P

AOE tanking is not a situation where we have mana issues so I'm still not convinced :)
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:13 pm

Anyone wants more stamina?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby jere » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:27 pm

Considering the epic stamina gems give 30, that is pretty hot. Tauren Jewelcrafter/Miners are gonna be rocking the health pool boat.
jere

Postby Dantriges » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:07 pm

Hm I wonder if taking inscriptions with my main would be a good idea. Jewelcrafting looks tasty.
Dantriges

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:22 pm

jere wrote:Considering the epic stamina gems give 30, that is pretty hot. Tauren Jewelcrafter/Miners are gonna be rocking the health pool boat.

a whole profession giving me an extra 15 Stamina. whoop de shit.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby FirestarZA » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:11 am

Dragonzbane wrote:
Tycho wrote:Kings isn't even needed outside of 25 mans, which is where another pally will have it anyways.

What kind of raid make up are you guys running?

I can't see having more than 3 Paladins in a raid on a regular basis in WotLK.

1 of each:
Paladin
Shaman
Priest

2 or 3:
Druid
Warrior

1 or 2:
Hunter
Lock
Mage
Rogue
DK

Even with the improvements to Holy I can't see Paladins being the default "extra Healer" with Discipline looking like a solid raid build and Shaman having their usual benefits.

That said I have a hard time fitting BoK into any decent Holy or Ret build.

I definately will have a hard time figuring out what I want to take.
Way, way to many talents that I want and way, way to few talents to get there.

Long time reader, first time poster :)

Our raid has a setup like this at the moment.

2 of every class
= 18

1 extra of the following classes:
Shaman
Priest
warrior
=2

2 extra of the following classes:
Paladin
Druid
=4

So, that's 4 pallies, 4 druids, 3 shammies, 3 priests, 3 warriors and 2 of the rest.

The reasoning behind this is that pure classes only have one thing to offer. Shammies, priests and warriors offer either healing and dps, or tanking and dps. Pallies and druids are the only classes that can heal, dps and tank.

We have 2 warrior tanks, one druid tank (with another feral that can step in if we need an extra tank) and 1 pally tank per raid. We then have 2 pally healers and 1 ret pally. I do not expect this to change much in wrath, except that we might want to bring in a death knight or two, depending on how many guys go for that. Not sure where we'll cut to make the space, but with the new talents, I expect perhaps only one holy pally, 1 tanks and 1 ret pally.

Otherwise, the prot tree is looking awesome, and so does the ret tree. Holy is looking a bit meh. Already one of our three holy pallies said he's going back to his hunter as main in wrath, as he simply cannot believe that you're expected to go halfway down the ret tree to get a talent that's better than your 51 pointer. I see his point, but I think he's overreacting a bit :D
FirestarZA

Postby jere » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:07 am

Sabindeus wrote:
jere wrote:Considering the epic stamina gems give 30, that is pretty hot. Tauren Jewelcrafter/Miners are gonna be rocking the health pool boat.

Oh come on. Calm down a bit lol. I was just saying it would be a larger health pool, not a reason to pick Jewelcrafting.
jere

Postby Soltyr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Lieris wrote:AOE tanking is not a situation where we have mana issues so I'm still not convinced :)

I'm thinking all this over all mana cost increasing on spells (a bit unjustified to be honest) and the new role of inscription. For sure Cons is expensive now for single target, but let me guess a Glyph lowering the mana cost of Cons? Maybe also by 50%(BoP)? More info about inscription pls, it can lead to even more theorycraft than now :?
Soltyr

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:24 pm

jere wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Oh come on. Calm down a bit lol. I was just saying it would be a larger health pool, not a reason to pick Jewelcrafting.

>_>
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK