WotLK Datamined Paladin Talent Trees!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ilara » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:28 pm

Shiiit I'm gone one weekend and the info gets released?

My first impressions, before going through all of it mind you, are;
New stuff sounds awesome. Will be good to get out there and test some of it.
It still looks too rough edged and bloated though. I'm sure thats probably been touched by others in this thread though. I imagine there will still be work done to it yet. clearly -needs- it.

>.> to clarify, I'm going by that tree link from first page. if this shits been mentioned and covered already, just ignore my rambling, I'll prolly find it eventually.

Divine guardian - sounds like a quick step into an early grave. "Yay! I'll save you from dama-- urk..."
I guess could be useful for offtanking...

Judgements of the Just - slowing melee speed by 10/20% ?

Hammer of the Righteous - going by weapon damage rather than spell damage? though it does say it converts to holy, so may still be spell I suppose. at the moment our weapons damage is also rather low, wonder what multipliers would apply to it, or if our weapons will see a boost...

Guarded by the Light - I like this one, though I can only see myself using it for Cons procs. 50% less mana for a cons is veeeery good imo.

Lol at Seal of Corruption and Martyr though. who saw that coming?

This will take a long time to dig through and work out whats best... I'll go back to rea...

Wait wait wait, salvation REMOVED?
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:45 pm

Plenty of already said things, i'd suggest you to bore yourself with a quick glance over the thousands of topics.

There's one (mine, <3 ) in advanced training with speculation about how to tank in wotlk, and another one with requests to beta-testers, one in talents section about the new "cookie cutter spec", plus some others i cant' remind atm, have a look :)
Last edited by Worldie on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mishdorf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:46 pm

Tycho wrote:Personally, I'm of the opinoin that Might / Wisdom is going to be better in the majority of cases anyways.

BoK just isn't worth a talent point in almost any current WotLK tank specs I put together.

Given a 25 man raid when you can be 100% SURE to have a ret pally who will have BoK then you can drop kings.

In all other situations if you are a prot pally without blessing of kings you are stupid and need to delete your character due to your inability to use your intelligence.

Even if you drop 1 point in one-handed spec for BoK it will still be worth it (10% more stam and spell damage for 1% threat - very worth it IMO), but there are other "essential" prot talents that can be sacrificed for this.

Yes the tree is bloated but BoK is essential for prot pallies in 95.83% of cases.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby Mishdorf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:49 pm

Ilara wrote:Wait wait wait, salvation REMOVED?

Actually this is the change I am most thankful for.

One of the reasons that prot pallies absolutely dominate 5-man content is BoSalv. It gives the DPS a 30% buffer before they pull aggro and it gives the healers a lot more room to breathe on early heals. It is, IMO more important in 5-mans than consecration to our domination of that content. And consecration is imba =).

So this should improve 5-man content for the other tanks.

Mishdorf

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:55 pm

I was very happy to trade Salvation for Shield Slap, i can now throw my shield at my enemies, and not happy for that, i can then BASH THEM AGAIN WITH MY SHIELD, DIE U BASTARDS
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:56 pm

The removal of Salvation and buff of tank threat will also make things easier for warriors and druids in five and ten man instances.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Tycho » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:37 pm

Mishdorf wrote:In all other situations if you are a prot pally without blessing of kings you are stupid and need to delete your character due to your inability to use your intelligence.

Uh, ok.

Call me crazy but I like to run with Sanctuary. You know, the threat blessing?

Kings isn't even needed outside of 25 mans, which is where another pally will have it anyways.
US > Thaurissan > Snowblood (80 BE Pally - For the Horde, baby!)
Tycho

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:45 pm

Depends, a neo-70 paladin should be using kings in heroic for some additional HP rather than sanctuary.

I use sanctuary in heroic so i get that little TPS boost that allows me to troll maintankadin while tanking.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mishdorf » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:38 pm

Tycho wrote:
Mishdorf wrote:In all other situations if you are a prot pally without blessing of kings you are stupid and need to delete your character due to your inability to use your intelligence.

Uh, ok.

Kings isn't even needed outside of 25 mans, which is where another pally will have it anyways.

It's nice to run with BoSanc on but in any progression content - be it 5, 10 or 25 man content if a tank does not have kings then the tank is unnecessarily gimping themselves. Unless that talent gets a SERIOUS buffing, kings will remain superior in WotLK

Unless you are suggesting that you will go straight from leveling into 25man Naxx and never tank a single instance or heroic on the way (or 10man Naxx)?

10man content will probably afford a maximum of two-three spots per class for progression (and none of the same spec). Given that any holy pally will not go into prot but ret then you'd better hope that there is a ret pally willing to spec into kings if you don't want to take it.

Anyone who is running BoSanc in heroics/raids is overgeared for the instance anyway, which I'm assuming that you will NOT be when you raid in WotLK for a VERY long time.

Mishdorf

Postby Forlorn » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:39 pm

Since word on the street is that SoR and SoV are being modified by attack power im suddenly thinking its actually more worth it to pick up the 15% str increase over seals of the pure. It will give you more seal love on its own and will also increase threat from ShoR and HotR due to the attack power bonus and extra block value. And it give more BV for mitigation as well. Right now 61/10 is looking better although it should really be more like 71/10
Forlorn

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:54 pm

Tycho wrote:

Uh, ok.

You're crazy.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:00 am

Tycho wrote:

Uh, ok.

I tend to run BoW, usually.

And Mishdorf may not be at a progression level where he runs into the fact that paladin specs and gearing change drastically from tier to tier.

I mean, some paladins don't even have [/i]Avenger's Shield (gasp, horror, etc).
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Gamingdevil » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:20 am

Does anyone else feel kings should be baseline? Noone really has points to get it and they removed all other blessings except might and wisdom, which doesn't give that much utility for some classes.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby Noradin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:19 am

Gamingdevil wrote:Does anyone else feel kings should be baseline? Noone really has points to get it and they removed all other blessings except might and wisdom, which doesn't give that much utility for some classes.

I feel it should be integrated into BoSanc.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby sapientialb » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:42 am

Since the plan appears to be we're sharing gear with warriors/DKs we may be seeing some more AGI on our gear.

Right now I get an extra .38 avoidance from Kings, while not a huge number every bit extra counts. Even with Crushing blows disappearing I'd imagine we're going to be aiming for 100% avoidance+block to keep the hits off the table as well.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK