Remove Advertisements

WotLK Datamined Paladin Talent Trees!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Anenome » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:14 pm

Ulushnar wrote:I really like the "Guarded by the Light" talent, even if it's really just there to help us out on farm content.

If they go live in this form, I'll probably aim for something like this:

http://www.war-tools.com/t56176.html?b= ... 232105005w

Had to sacrifice Precision, but hopefully the combined hit/spellhit stat will make capping that easier.

- Can we stop pretending that we can create builds that skip Kings??? That is not gonna fly, especially in 10-raids.
Bizzlewick
Prot Paladin / 70 / Blackwater Raiders
Anenome

Postby Splug » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:00 pm

For 5/10 man content it won't, but for 25-player raiding, which is the focus for a lot of people here, it's a matter of only needing one player out of the entire raid with the buff. If one of the holydins decides they don't need the off-spec points, or your retadin doesn't, then it's covered for you.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Things are very rough right now, guild mate posted a screen shot of his ret paly using wings and a trinket and getting a crit with Seal of command for 21,000 damage at level 73.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby Nymeros » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:07 pm

Splug wrote:For 5/10 man content it won't, but for 25-player raiding, which is the focus for a lot of people here, it's a matter of only needing one player out of the entire raid with the buff. If one of the holydins decides they don't need the off-spec points, or your retadin doesn't, then it's covered for you.

Except that many Holy Paladins are going 23 in Ret for Sheath of Light + Conviction due to the fact that that's much better than their 51 pointer.
befriend (v.): To use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
Nymeros

Postby Splug » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:02 pm

Nymeros wrote:
Splug wrote:For 5/10 man content it won't, but for 25-player raiding, which is the focus for a lot of people here, it's a matter of only needing one player out of the entire raid with the buff. If one of the holydins decides they don't need the off-spec points, or your retadin doesn't, then it's covered for you.

Except that many Holy Paladins are going 23 in Ret for Sheath of Light + Conviction due to the fact that that's much better than their 51 pointer.
With divine strength moved to the prot tree, I'd suspect retribution will still have an easy time picking it up. One person has to bite the bullet for the whole raid, it may or may not be the tank.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:15 pm

Sorry, but I won't be picking up kings. If the raid wants it, the holydins can get it for them.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Jonlo » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:27 pm

Mortehl wrote:Sorry, but I won't be picking up kings. If the raid wants it, the holydins can get it for them.

A big QFT here.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:55 pm

Jonlo wrote:
Mortehl wrote:Sorry, but I won't be picking up kings. If the raid wants it, the holydins can get it for them.

A big QFT here.
If the damage warriors refuse to put up thunderclap and demo when there's no alternative, you kick them out of the raid.

If the prot paladin refuses to pick up bok when there's no alternative, _______________

If there's someone else who can reach it conveniently and supply the buff to the raid, then more power to you- only one person needs it. If there isn't, it's a major raid utility item, and you're shooting yourself in the foot by sacrificing a 10% stam boost. In that case, that's probably more valuable than any single other tallent point you're going to spend, from your own perspective alone.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:00 pm

Splug wrote:If the damage warriors refuse to put up thunderclap and demo when there's no alternative, you kick them out of the raid.

If the prot paladin refuses to pick up bok when there's no alternative, _______________

If there's someone else who can reach it conveniently and supply the buff to the raid, then more power to you- only one person needs it. If there isn't, it's a major raid utility item, and you're shooting yourself in the foot by sacrificing a 10% stam boost. In that case, that's probably more valuable than any single other tallent point you're going to spend, from your own perspective alone.

-Splug

Big QFT here. They'll want Conviction (assuming it stays the same), and Benediction (since they'll be judging and sealing), and Heart of the Crusader (since they'll be judging).
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Jtree » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:16 pm

Splug wrote:
Jonlo wrote:

A big QFT here.
If the damage warriors refuse to put up thunderclap and demo when there's no alternative, you kick them out of the raid.

-Splug

With our new abilities, BoK is even more important than before. 10% more stamina = 10% more spell damage. 10% more strength means harder hitting Hammer of the Righteous and Shield of Righteousness, especially if 2 STR = 1 BV is really there when Wrath goes live.

IMO, not guaranteeing yourself BoK all the time is shooting yourself in both feet.
Jtree

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:30 pm

Anenome wrote:- Can we stop pretending that we can create builds that skip Kings??? That is not gonna fly, especially in 10-raids.

I haven't had kings in months. Quite probably since last year.

Splug wrote:If the damage warriors refuse to put up thunderclap and demo when there's no alternative, you kick them out of the raid.

There usually is an alternative in content that matters.

Also wtb Jenny Craig plan for our tree.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:36 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:
Anenome wrote:- Can we stop pretending that we can create builds that skip Kings??? That is not gonna fly, especially in 10-raids.

I haven't had kings in months. Quite probably since last year.

...but right now there's no nerf to holy to do that. In Wrath, there will be.

I wrote:They'll want Conviction (assuming it stays the same), and Benediction (since they'll be judging and sealing), and Heart of the Crusader (since they'll be judging).
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:06 pm

moduspwnens wrote:...but right now there's no nerf to holy to do that.

I haven't looked very hard at very many trees, since it's still a very long time until launch and who knows how much things will change.

But.

Would having a utility paladin that specs fairly deep into prot to get Kings/DG/IDA be feasible? We bring maldiction locks for utility ... why not a Holy/prot paladin?

Like, I can make a 51/20 build that seems reasonable http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sxAzxGzhVu0xRttGzhMc , but I don't know if I'm overlooking something big with regards to holydin pve.

edit: oh, right, conviction and benediction. Well, that's the tradeoff I guess.
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:26 pm

My point was just that saying "The holydins have it or no one does, I'm not going to do it," won't fly with a lot of guilds. It looks like ret is the ideal canidate, but it's a smaller hit for prot to spend the one point than for holy to spend 11 that essentially return nothing or almost nothing. If the holydins are still willing to do it with an actual alternative in ret, then hey more power to 'em, but saying that if they don't want to you're not going to regardless is just silly and selfish.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Tycho » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:48 pm

Personally, I'm of the opinoin that Might / Wisdom is going to be better in the majority of cases anyways.

BoK just isn't worth a talent point in almost any current WotLK tank specs I put together.
US > Thaurissan > Snowblood (80 BE Pally - For the Horde, baby!)
Tycho

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK