Wrath of the Lich King...

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Skwigelf » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Ilara wrote:imo they shouldn't release it til its finished. WoW will crush it.
At the moment I believe Age of Conan is incredibly lackluster for the same reasons.

From what I've read, it seems like WAR has the exact OPPOSITE problem that AoC has.

AoC was released without much in the ways of content. There were gaps in leveling where you ran out of quests, gear was meaningless, and there was no real endgame.

WAR is currently suffering from TOO MUCH content. So much so, that they have had to hold back 4 capital cities in order to have them sufficiently fleshed out with quests and objectives. The 4 classes being cut leave them with a mere 20 classes to balance. Hopefully when they make the classes "great" they get them back in. Also I hope they drop Hammerers and add Trollslayers to the Dwarves because...well...Trollslayers > Any other race/class in Warhammer.
Skwigelf

Postby Skwigelf » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:52 pm

Soltyr wrote:
Joanadark wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:For those wondering, Warhammer announced some significant cuts including capital cities and races.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... ature/2041

The cuts are explained in length on page 2 and 3.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Am I the only one who thought it was actually a smart move on their part?

So many capital cities that were ALL of that level of development would have been just a bit omgtheworldstoolarge Icantfindtheenemy in my opinion.

and imagine how great a content patch potential the release of, say, the orc and dwarf cities, accompanied by some massive seige event or invasion of trolls or something, could be.

Narrowing thing down to the fairly central conflict of Chaos vrs Humanity + allies makes things rather more accessable to all the starting players who aren't necessarily familiar with all the lore either.

They are delaying other cities to make them more enjoyable, focus on less but active content. Man.. I agree with them.

Shattrat has been the most boring city in my whole mmo experience...

CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!
Skwigelf

Postby Levantine » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:07 am

PS fuck all the people who don't know the lore. Shouldn't be allowed to play. :<
Levantine

Postby Targonis » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:24 am

Levantine wrote:PS fuck all the people who don't know the lore. Shouldn't be allowed to play. :<

I know the lore... he's awesome.
:lol:
Targonis

Postby sapientialb » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:29 am

I'm not sure if we decided we're collectively believing anything from WotlkWIki but sometime between mid-day yesterday and today they ninja edited their 07-14 front page post and added in a note and screenshot that Alpha F&F was over.

Did this actually mean anything in terms of a timeline for Beta during TBC development?

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:42 am

Likely means beta in 1-3 weeks i'd say.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sharlos » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:36 am

Worldie wrote:Likely means beta in 1-3 weeks i'd say.

And the paladin changes with it.
Sharlos

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:40 am

Sharlos wrote:

Or not.

patch 3.1.3: Paladins are now allowed to level over 70, and their talents now work with their lvl 70 gear that was changed to 0 spell damage.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby sapientialb » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:08 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Sharlos wrote:

Or not.

patch 3.1.3: Paladins are now allowed to level over 70, and their talents now work with their lvl 70 gear that was changed to 0 spell damage.

Patch 3.0.0: Consecration has had its damage componet removed and now sanctifies the ground, increasing healing done by 100~360 to targets within the effect and reduces the threat of the caster.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:13 am

sapientialb wrote:Patch 3.0.0: Consecration has had its damage componet removed and now sanctifies the ground, increasing healing done by 100~360 to targets within the effect and reduces the threat of the caster.

Caster gains Forbearance.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Arcand » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:15 am

moduspwnens wrote:Caster gains Forbearance.

I chuckled.

Grimly.
Arcand

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:53 am

imo we should go back to when you could fuck people by BoPing them.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby jere » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:54 am

moduspwnens wrote:
sapientialb wrote:Patch 3.0.0: Consecration has had its damage componet removed and now sanctifies the ground, increasing healing done by 100~360 to targets within the effect and reduces the threat of the caster.

Caster gains Forbearance and activates the cooldown of Divine Shield. Cooldown is restarted if already activated

Fixed :)
jere

Postby Amirya » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:56 pm

jere wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:

Caster gains Forbearance and activates the cooldown of Divine Shield. Cooldown is restarted if already activated

Divine Intervention has a 90 minute cooldown. Also, can only be used on classes that use Holy magic.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Targonis » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:04 pm

Amirya wrote:
jere wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:

Divine Intervention has a 90 minute cooldown. Also, can only be used on classes that use Holy magic.

Paladins can no longer use 1 or 2 handed weapons, but can dual wield shields. Cannot attack with shields.
Targonis

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK