Wrath of the Lich King...

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Jonlo » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:08 pm

I managed to reserve Cryadin.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Peregrine » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:14 pm

I am going to kill anyone who names theirs deafknight, deathnight, deafnight, and so on.
A Retribution Paladin is like smoking; eventually, it'll kill you.

Peregrine

Postby Skwigelf » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:41 pm

BAD NEWS EVERYBODY!

Jeff Kaplan wrote:Sorry guys. Due to time constraints Death Knights are being cut from the launch. We just didn't feel they were great, and we didn't want to release them until we were happy with them.

Jeff Kaplan wrote:The decision to remove The Nexus, Naxxramas, and Utgarde keep was a very tough one to make. We just didn't feel they were ready. There are still many glitches that we're still finding and tuning the boss fights has proven more difficult than we originally thought. Hopefully these can be released with later content patches as we would be very disappointed if we had to cut them from the game altogether.
Skwigelf

Postby Aertho » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Uhm. Wha?
Aertho

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:53 pm

Skwigelf wrote:BAD NEWS EVERYBODY!

Jeff Kaplan wrote:Sorry guys. Due to time constraints Death Knights are being cut from the launch. We just didn't feel they were great, and we didn't want to release them until we were happy with them.

Jeff Kaplan wrote:The decision to remove The Nexus, Naxxramas, and Utgarde keep was a very tough one to make. We just didn't feel they were ready. There are still many glitches that we're still finding and tuning the boss fights has proven more difficult than we originally thought. Hopefully these can be released with later content patches as we would be very disappointed if we had to cut them from the game altogether.

I'm confused, is this WoW or Warhammer? :D
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Skwigelf » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:55 pm

Fridmarr wrote:

I'm confused, is this WoW or Warhammer? :D

More like FAILhammer!

More like CONTEMPLATINGCANCELLINGMYCEPREORDERhammer!

More like PROVINGALLTHEWOWFANBOISRIGHThammer!
Skwigelf

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:04 pm

For those wondering, Warhammer announced some significant cuts including capital cities and races.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game ... ature/2041

The cuts are explained in length on page 2 and 3.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Jeff Kaplan wrote:The decision to remove The Nexus, Naxxramas, and Utgarde keep was a very tough one to make.

This is a joke right?

These three are supposed to be the first 3 raids/instances in the game.
What would it ship with if not these?

I can guarentee that Ice Crown won't be there and Zul Drak/Drek/whatever won't be there.

If this isn't a joke they should just delay the damn thing.
If they aren't happy with Deathknights they should probably just cut Hunters and Paladins too.
Dragonzbane

Postby Aertho » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:21 pm

We have 2 towers, warlocks on RH, East and West only have 30 sec each, and this tank has an Earth Shield and a stack of Lifeblooms. Relax.

He made a funny about Warhammer, not WoW.
Aertho

Postby dmok » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:21 pm

linkage?
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Aertho » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:23 pm

ZOMG kids.
Aertho

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:11 pm

Fridmarr wrote:For those wondering, Warhammer announced some significant cuts including capital cities and races.

Am I the only one who thought it was actually a smart move on their part?

So many capital cities that were ALL of that level of development would have been just a bit omgtheworldstoolarge Icantfindtheenemy in my opinion.

and imagine how great a content patch potential the release of, say, the orc and dwarf cities, accompanied by some massive seige event or invasion of trolls or something, could be.

Narrowing thing down to the fairly central conflict of Chaos vrs Humanity + allies makes things rather more accessable to all the starting players who aren't necessarily familiar with all the lore either.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Ilara » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:22 pm

imo they shouldn't release it til its finished. WoW will crush it.
At the moment I believe Age of Conan is incredibly lackluster for the same reasons.
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:29 pm

WOW SMASH!!! WOW ANGRY!!!!
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Soltyr » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:41 pm

Joanadark wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:For those wondering, Warhammer announced some significant cuts including capital cities and races.

Am I the only one who thought it was actually a smart move on their part?

So many capital cities that were ALL of that level of development would have been just a bit omgtheworldstoolarge Icantfindtheenemy in my opinion.

and imagine how great a content patch potential the release of, say, the orc and dwarf cities, accompanied by some massive seige event or invasion of trolls or something, could be.

Narrowing thing down to the fairly central conflict of Chaos vrs Humanity + allies makes things rather more accessable to all the starting players who aren't necessarily familiar with all the lore either.

They are delaying other cities to make them more enjoyable, focus on less but active content. Man.. I agree with them.

Shattrat has been the most boring city in my whole mmo experience...
Soltyr

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK