Remove Advertisements

Libram choice in Sunwell

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Libram choice in Sunwell

Postby Janduin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:40 am

I have both Mother's libram and the Libram of Repentence. From this forum I'm told Mother's libram is the way to go for Brutallus. What about Kalecgos? I have been using Repentence as Kalec doesn't hit nearly as fast as Brut so Redoubt is not going to be up nearly as much. I was going to decide the issue by multiplying my non-libram block rate with holy shield and my base BV + (5/8)*proc BV and comparing it with (block rate with holy shield + 5.33%)*base BV, but I thought I'd ask if there was a compelling argument I hadn't thought of to use one or the other.
Janduin

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:01 am

Since you don't need uncrushabilty for kalec, shahraz libram looks like better still.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ryu » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:38 am

I use the DP libram on trash (except Twins trash, where I aoe tank everything, thus using the corresponding libram), Sharazz one on every boss except Twins, where I use the Repentance one, and the aoe one on M'uru again.
Last edited by Ryu on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ryu

Postby Katamai » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 am

In most cases i just use DP libram as dmg intake is rarely an issue while threat is.

Though i switch librams mid fight quite often (for example, at Kalec enrage).
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Janduin » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:44 am

I've never found threat much of an issue on Kalecgos. You can Exorcise the demon and people need to go slow on the dragon anyway. Thanks for the libram input, assuming I find time to do the calculation, does the formula I wrote above seem reasonable?
Janduin

Postby Elsie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:04 pm

I use DP on Savrotharr/Brutallus, Block rating on sacrolash, and BV on kalecgos/muru.

Block value would be nice on brutallus if I didn't have crazy dpsers.
Elsie

Postby Ryu » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Hmm even with crazy dps-ers, your threat should be skyrockety high on Brut :)
Ryu

Postby Katamai » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Ryu wrote:Hmm even with crazy dps-ers, your threat should be skyrockety high on Brut :)

Not really since we need to use avoidance gear thus lose on spell dmg :/
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Elsie » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Hmm even with crazy dps-ers, your threat should be skyrockety high on Brut

Yeah, last brut I averaged 1300-1800 without wings, and 2200-2400 with wings. More threat is always nice though on that fight.
Elsie

Postby Katamai » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Elsie wrote:

Yeah, last brut I averaged 1300-1800 without wings, and 2200-2400 with wings. More threat is always nice though on that fight.

O_O

Erm... either my Omen fails or something is very wrong... i'm lucky if i get 1-1.2K without wings in Brut avoidance gear :/
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Tisiphone » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:42 pm

Katamai wrote:
Elsie wrote:

O_O

Erm... either my Omen fails or something is very wrong... i'm lucky if i get 1-1.2K without wings in Brut avoidance gear :/

I did 1.3k on Dragon @ Kalecgos with wings. I've only tried Brut for 2 tries so haven't really checked the threat there. Does Omen still not pick up RD?
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Vandril » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:21 am

Omen is fine and picks up your RD :)

Threat never was a problem for me, I dont check my omen very often (expcept for the Twins), and near the end of the fight the warrior MT and me got a huge threatlead. DPS is fine for us, Brutallus dies somewhere near the Enrage.

I dont switch much of my normal bossgear for Brutallus. T6 gloves out, Gorefiend gloves in, Kael'thas neck out, Brutallus Neck in, Hydross-Trinket out, Moroes in (1 single drop of SMI in about 8 Months of BB-Kills :S )

Avoidance is nice to have to survive bad Stomp+MH+OH hits, so I stick to my gear.

EDIT: ok its the thread about librams, nvm i usually go with Mother-Libram, for the twins i use good old HS-Libram :roll:
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Ankh » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:39 am

Katamai wrote:
Ryu wrote:Hmm even with crazy dps-ers, your threat should be skyrockety high on Brut :)

Not really since we need to use avoidance gear thus lose on spell dmg :/

Do you just not have the gear or something? Last i checked you can get the gear you need without losing spelldmg.
Ankh

Postby Katamai » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:51 am

Ankh wrote:Do you just not have the gear or something? Last i checked you can get the gear you need without losing spelldmg.

Well considering i lose 126 spell dmg from my usual gear (praetorians, BFG and faceplate of the impenetrable), yes, it is an issue at times.

I just wish we finally get plate legs from Kalec and tokens other than protectors... Protector T6 boots/wrists/waists are going for min DKP to offspecs while other token main specs are at each other's throat for vanquisher/conqueror tokens -.-
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Lieris » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Katamai wrote:In most cases i just use DP libram as dmg intake is rarely an issue while threat is.

Though i switch librams mid fight quite often (for example, at Kalec enrage).

I do this too.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau