Tanking weapons in Sunwell

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Katamai » Fri May 23, 2008 3:40 am

Elsie wrote:I'm just happy Tempest of Chaos is a sword... now if only it will drop for me. Next up for it and no drops in a month. It's a pure paladin weapon now (for highly progressed guilds) with the sunwell staff/dagger/mace and illidan staff options for casters. Could just be me, though.

It is a bit sad that, even if the kalecgos sword is very equivalent to Brutalizer, they have a much better tank itemized weapon in sunwell. But really, the Kalecgos sword and Reign of Misery are both purely threat weapons.

Blizzard never wanted us to be equal, just close. Paladins can 'equal' warriors on dual wielders/fast hitters, are much worse on slow hitters, and are the -only- aoe tank.

I wouldn't compare RoM to DEL simply because unlike paladins and RoM, warriors use every single stat on DEL while RoM has spell haste which is completely useless for us. (woot! faster cast on AS!)

Warriors are still held on a throne by Blizzard which is what is making me reroll in WotLK. Warriors are best overall tanks, great DPSers and one of the best Arena/PvP class. Thus keeping paladins most limited tanks, sub-par healers and decent DPS with sustainability issues with the "hybrid" excuse is ridiculous.

(Me jaded? Noooo... not a bit :P)
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Neuron » Fri May 23, 2008 6:19 am

Katamai wrote:Warriors are still held on a throne by Blizzard which is what is making me reroll in WotLK. Warriors are best overall tanks, great DPSers and one of the best Arena/PvP class. Thus keeping paladins most limited tanks, sub-par healers and decent DPS with sustainability issues with the "hybrid" excuse is ridiculous.

I agree with this pretty much. They want paladins to be niche AOE tanks, they even said it, and have proven it time and time again by giving us retardedly easy tanking encounters that involve AOE. Murlocs and hyjal waves and even muru void spawns can all be AOE tanked by a holy paladin. What's the point of even having the gear? Not to mention that the single target threat gap keeps widening..

Trying to brainstorm about what class would be more fun.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Requital » Sat May 24, 2008 11:04 am

I have run a Hyjal pug every week since we took it off the Raid schedule, Generally full of alts that want toys and not much more. The problem now is we lost a few raiders due to some FOTM reason and now we are gearing up some slightly undergeared people to bring out raid DPS back up.

So today is the Hyjal run and I have full intention on taking the Tempest if it drops as I have been on every Hyjal alt raid. The locks that need it are all trials.

I have a feeling on the run today that when/if it drops someone is going to make a big deal about it going to a Paladin when we have a trial lock that needs it. But on the same note if it was DKP related I could just buy it. Pretty much going to be called greedy if I take it but passing on it to a guy that has been in the guild for 1 week seems rather distasteful.
Requital

Postby Eeva » Sat May 24, 2008 11:24 am

Requital wrote:I have run a Hyjal pug every week since we took it off the Raid schedule, Generally full of alts that want toys and not much more. The problem now is we lost a few raiders due to some FOTM reason and now we are gearing up some slightly undergeared people to bring out raid DPS back up.

So today is the Hyjal run and I have full intention on taking the Tempest if it drops as I have been on every Hyjal alt raid. The locks that need it are all trials.

I have a feeling on the run today that when/if it drops someone is going to make a big deal about it going to a Paladin when we have a trial lock that needs it. But on the same note if it was DKP related I could just buy it. Pretty much going to be called greedy if I take it but passing on it to a guy that has been in the guild for 1 week seems rather distasteful.

Take that sh!t. I took it over app locks when I got mine cause we lost 3 from the guild from people going MIA.
Eeva

Postby Elsie » Sat May 24, 2008 12:23 pm

Tell them you're taking it to buff the locks.
Threat capped DPS do less DPS.

Or just call them silly and ignorant.
Elsie

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat May 24, 2008 2:42 pm

Elsie wrote:Tell them you're taking it to buff the locks.
Threat capped DPS do less DPS.

Yarp.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Requital » Sat May 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Got told I had to pass it to trails so just decided not to go, Pretty depressing watching multiple people get it and quit or bank it for staff off Brutallus yet still have to pass it because people just don't know anything about prot or since it's not my main spec I don't need it. Oh well more time to sleep.
Requital

Postby Katamai » Sat May 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Requital wrote:Got told I had to pass it to trails so just decided not to go, Pretty depressing watching multiple people get it and quit or bank it for staff off Brutallus yet still have to pass it because people just don't know anything about prot or since it's not my main spec I don't need it. Oh well more time to sleep.

Exactly my problem with the whole "paladins HAVE a tanking weapon" crap people are serving every time this subject is raised.

You don't see any other tanking class fighting over their weapons like we do. Rogues/dps warriors are not raising hell about warrior tanking weapons nor are ferals fighting with boomkins and restos (not to mention other classes).

Only paladins have to put up with this shit. :evil:
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Eneru » Sat May 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Katamai wrote:
You don't see any other tanking class fighting over their weapons like we do.

Perhaps Feral druids? :?
Eneru

Postby Katamai » Sat May 24, 2008 6:07 pm

Eneru wrote:Perhaps Feral druids? :?

Well it's the same spec and to be honest i don't know a single pure DPS feral. Most have both sets and switch according to a fight.
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Elsie » Sat May 24, 2008 10:23 pm

Got told I had to pass it to trails so just decided not to go, Pretty depressing watching multiple people get it and quit or bank it for staff off Brutallus yet still have to pass it because people just don't know anything about prot or since it's not my main spec I don't need it. Oh well more time to sleep.

If I had to pass Tempest every hyjal for so long it came to pugging, I just wouldn't run hyjal anymore. When asked I'd always go 'who is getting tempest?' That's just ridiculous
Seriously, why the hell would you pug hyjal to pass on the only reason to go?

On related news, I got my Tempest of Chaos tonight over an app mage and lock. The other paladin threatened to cry in agony if I put mongoose on it over spell damage.
Elsie

Postby Ryu » Sun May 25, 2008 3:01 am

Katamai wrote:Warriors are still held on a throne by Blizzard which is what is making me reroll in WotLK. Warriors are best overall tanks, great DPSers and one of the best Arena/PvP class. Thus keeping paladins most limited tanks, sub-par healers and decent DPS with sustainability issues with the "hybrid" excuse is ridiculous.

(Me jaded? Noooo... not a bit :P)

Well said. I'll be looking at the Wotlk changes with an close eye...
Ryu

Postby Requital » Sun May 25, 2008 6:48 am

Elsie wrote:

If I had to pass Tempest every hyjal for so long it came to pugging, I just wouldn't run hyjal anymore. When asked I'd always go 'who is getting tempest?' That's just ridiculous
Seriously, why the hell would you pug hyjal to pass on the only reason to go?

On related news, I got my Tempest of Chaos tonight over an app mage and lock. The other paladin threatened to cry in agony if I put mongoose on it over spell damage.

But you got Mongoose right?
Requital

Postby Katamai » Sun May 25, 2008 7:10 am

Requital wrote:But you got Mongoose right?

And i hope you recorded crying on VT to share with us!
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue May 27, 2008 8:31 am

Requital wrote:Got told I had to pass it to trails so just decided not to go, Pretty depressing watching multiple people get it and quit or bank it for staff off Brutallus yet still have to pass it because people just don't know anything about prot or since it's not my main spec I don't need it. Oh well more time to sleep.

Two Words:

FUCK THAT

Good for you man, they wanna do something stupid like make you pass to a trial member then they can do it without you.

I just don't understand that mentality two-fold.

Why is it such an issue for some guilds that a Paladin get this weapon?
Why are trials getting loot over members?

In my guild recruits only get loot after all mains have passed.
Dragonzbane

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau