Remove Advertisements

Kil'jaeden

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ryu » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Thanks, I'll be sure to point that out tomorrow. We, however don't run it with a feral. It's a prot war in DPS gear plus me.
Ryu

Postby Grims » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:26 pm

i think we stand mor compakt then ur guild. i only have a problem to get the mage adds if they have some, because they are standing near the orbs. i also stand an 87% right in the middle of our raid and spam the makro. while spamming i turn myself around if the images spawned behind me.

to get all 4 adds i use my makro instant, and manually click the last image which i taunt then. that nearly works with all image class.

the point is that you have 4 sec after spawn tu get them they are doing nothing for this time. if they are 2 far away u can also use these fast running pots (in german its hurtigkeitstrank), i use them sometimes followd by nighmare vein to get fast to the caster adds

(sry 4 bad english)
Grims

Postby Eender » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:05 am

If you watch the video I posted you can notice a couple things we do to counter some of your problems. On phase transitions mages and every warloc that doesnt have bloom collapses on KJ so that if they spawn they are right there. Also, everyone else is in range or within a step or 2 of AS. What I would recommend doing in your situation is have the prot warrior throw on a shield @ transitions and have him popping Sprint Pots. U toss your AS and the war picks up the free one while debuffing the others. Dunno what else to tell you. This is all I could think of to help you in your situation.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Elsie » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:14 pm

When is the best time, generally, to use bloodlust on this fight?
Elsie

Postby Eender » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:20 pm

That is totally an arbitrary question. It's like asking "when's the best time to take a breath?" It is totally dependent on your raid, your strat, and the situation at the time.

I can tell you that we use ours in P4 (55-25%). Other than that, I can't tell you when is the best time for you to use yours.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Joanadark » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:40 pm

"when's the best time to take a breath?"

Like bloodlusts, you chain them.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby enbee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:39 am

Grims wrote:i think we stand mor compakt then ur guild. i only have a problem to get the mage adds if they have some, because they are standing near the orbs. i also stand an 87% right in the middle of our raid and spam the makro. while spamming i turn myself around if the images spawned behind me.

to get all 4 adds i use my makro instant, and manually click the last image which i taunt then. that nearly works with all image class.

the point is that you have 4 sec after spawn tu get them they are doing nothing for this time. if they are 2 far away u can also use these fast running pots (in german its hurtigkeitstrank), i use them sometimes followd by nighmare vein to get fast to the caster adds

(sry 4 bad english)

I assume you tank adds basicly on top of the guy tanking KJ right?
Have your mage blink there when he gets reflections, did that last night, and it made the whole thing soooo much easier
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Ryu » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:27 am

Works pretty ok now, raid positioning is better, and picking up reflections isn't much of a problem now.

What is a problem is that our hunters are wasting their MDs mid-fight to the feral druid tanking KJ who is already 100k above the nearest DPS and is nearing 2k TPS. Instead I've repeatedly asked to use the MDs (+ multishot) on reflections when they spawn (especially paladin reflections), but this seems to be something our hunters can't get into their heads, they keep MD-ing our feral >.>.
Ryu

Postby ariezs » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:54 am

If you are having threat problems, wings the first spawns, have them shatter the second spawns and wings the third spawns.
ariezs

Postby Markoh » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Destro pots also help some for inital agro. Granted if they are rogues or warriors you may want to use ironshields instead.
Markoh

Postby inthedrops » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:15 pm

ok I'm really frustrated right now. I am having such a hard time just figuring out where the reflections are spawning so I know where to head. How did you guys solve this problem?

My positioning is very central. The only time I have a hard time spotting them is usually when they are far left or far right. I use a target macro to make sure I have them targeted and then I rotate my camera left and right real quick and look for health bars (I always have health bars turned on) or red lettering. If they are close enough I'll see their health bars and the pickup will be really quick.

If they are far however I have to first locate them (left or right, occasionally they are in the center). Once they're located I need to move into range so I can throw my shield. After the shield hits them I look for the one it missed and pray I can select him quick enough and judge/taunt.

Melee are always easy. Casters are really starting to piss me off. I feel like I'm letting my raid down right now and could really use some advice to boost my morale.

I'm not normally bad at these kinds of things.

Once tonight my shield apparently only hit two of them and a taunt for whatever reason didn't help with the two that darted off to the opposite side (love pally taunt mechanics).

How have you guys solved these kinds of problems? HELP.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Atreidies » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:35 am

Use the standard macro people have been posting all around the KJ thread and add this tidbit in there, it's incredibly handy.

/script SetRaidTarget("6","target");

^ This will mark your target with the Square raid icon, 0 through whatever number of icons there are I just use Square, if you're using Bigwigs you might ask anyone with raid marks turned on to turn it off since if you can't avoid Firebloom without it you probably shouldn't be on KJ. Get assist from the raid leader, mash the button with this in your reflections macro and it will mark it up fine.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:07 am

Joanadark wrote:
"when's the best time to take a breath?"

Like bloodlusts, you chain them.

I got the impression that there was a haste breath that doesn't stack with Heroism/Bloodlust making it useless once the first dragon spawns. If this isn't the case I'm sure the burn to 25% would be the best time to use them.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby inthedrops » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:13 am

Atreidies wrote:Use the standard macro people have been posting all around the KJ thread and add this tidbit in there, it's incredibly handy.

/script SetRaidTarget("6","target");

^ This will mark your target with the Square raid icon, 0 through whatever number of icons there are I just use Square, if you're using Bigwigs you might ask anyone with raid marks turned on to turn it off since if you can't avoid Firebloom without it you probably shouldn't be on KJ. Get assist from the raid leader, mash the button with this in your reflections macro and it will mark it up fine.

Thanks so much for taking the time to offer this suggestion! I plan on utilizing it and I think it will make a difference.

Here's the untested macro I plan on using. I'm not a fan of associating avenger's shield to the macro btw.

/cleartarget
/targetexact Sinister Reflection
/stopmacro [target=target, noexists]
/script SetRaidTarget("target",6);
Last edited by inthedrops on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Ryu » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:47 am

Guild killed him last night, in retrospect it's not a hard fight actually.

Once the raid was standing more compact, reflections were pretty easy, I stood on the left side, protecion warrior on the right side, always picked up the adds in time.

Gotta say tho, paladin reflections remain a real ... pain in the ass >.>
Ryu

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau