Remove Advertisements

Kil'jaeden

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Eender » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:03 am

No, they are humanoids iirc. They can not have spells interrupted in any way. As well, they are un-ccable... They must be dealt with, healed through, and dps'd down.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Eeva » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:03 am

FAPs are good on Pallys and Hunters.
Eeva

/

Postby Projectx » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:36 pm

Currently attempting this, using 2 tanks for reflections. We split mobs [2 each] because 4 warlocks casting on 1 paladin=death. The reflections spawn @ 85% and once they spawn, they have roughly a 3-4 second time of immunity where you can't taunt or dmg them.

You pick them up, other tank yanks 2 off you, and they are brought near KJ for AoE purposes.
Projectx

Re: /

Postby Eeva » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:36 am

Projectx wrote:Currently attempting this, using 2 tanks for reflections. We split mobs [2 each] because 4 warlocks casting on 1 paladin=death. The reflections spawn @ 85% and once they spawn, they have roughly a 3-4 second time of immunity where you can't taunt or dmg them.

You pick them up, other tank yanks 2 off you, and they are brought near KJ for AoE purposes.

All reflections are easily handled by a single pally, but yes, Locks do hurt a little more than others. Hunters are worst cause they are in the back and are trixy to move. Shield + JoR = win!

Edit - is there a trick to move the casters? I have not found one.
Eeva

Postby Jasura » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:19 am

The casters are moved but it's hit or miss. They MIGHT decide to melee you a few times when you are in melee range. IF they do decide to melee you, they will follow you just like hunters. If you use multiple tanks, you might be able to move them but moving all 4 at once is pretty much impossible. If anybody else has had any success past what I've experienced, I'd like to know :)

Mages seem to hurt more than locks but maybe I'm crazy.

What about priests? Has anybody had any success with those? Their heals are just killer.
Jasura

Postby Eeva » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:08 am

Locks are the worst with the curses if they are not dispelled asap(which can cause other issues by putting Druids on GCD). Mages - I just slap on FR aura and resist a good amount of damage.

Priests seem to follow me anywhere. Only Mages and Locks stand there.
Eeva

Postby Eender » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:48 am

Casters are easily moved by ranging them where u want them. I find laying a consecration at their feet and then ranging them where u want them works fine. Just have to have conscientious dps.

Eender

Postby rozakk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:45 pm

unfortunately one of our holy paladins disappeared off the face of the planet, and our raid leaders also decided that ret is pro for this fight, so with only 2 paladins one of whom had ret gear, im pretty much stuck holy for this atm. Anyone here have a success story on tankin all 4 adds for a kj kill? I know ive seen a lot of vids with a prot pally pulling it off, hoping my guild leader folds and lets me give it a shot again. Tho with a warr and feral druid on the adds the dps havent really had an issue with threat.
rozakk

Postby Eender » Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:19 pm

Tanking all 4 as a Prot Paladin in my guild is easy as far as threat goes. We just seed them down with at least 3 warlocs off of KJ himself. The hardest part of this is picking all 4 up in a timely manner. You are, however, subject to some ridiculous spike damage. IMO it is easier for a prot paladin and prot warrior to handle the adds. Prot paladin off tanks and the war is assist as well as being able to debuff all the reflections as well.

Eender

Postby wayjin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:08 am

My guild just made it to KJ after so damn much time on Muru -.-

Eeva wrote:FAPs are good on Pallys and Hunters.

Excellent idea... was wondering how to use my pot CD (beside mana pots to "dps" KJ...)

On another note, I find it quite ironical that the whole PVE game is based on tank (gear goes first to tank to help progression, etc), to end up against a final boss that... doesn't require a tank.
I watched SK's video, hunter is "tanking" (probably just DPS'ing normally, hunter's threat is just the highest hey)

So yeah, beside those 2 set of adds (at 85% then 55%) a tankadin will be a JoW bot, but a warrior would be a sunder bot (lol demo shout and tc.), and a druid a fiery fire bot... Actually druids are probably the winners here, with higher DPS while not tanking.

On yet another subject, who is controlling orbs for you guys?
wayjin

Postby Eeva » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:26 am

3 set of adds 85%, 55%, and 25%.

I was able to collect all 4 adds everytime with a 95%+ accuracy. Getting a Shadow Spike was the biggest cause of getting killed super fast. Consecrate + JoR on the one add that doesnt move = all 4.

I judged Wisdom from 100-85% and was able to keep JoC on KJ for the rest of the fight for the 3% crit. I never heard anyone complaing about mana issues.
Eeva

Postby Morganim » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:36 am

Up no where near KJ yet, but if we become wisdom bots and warriors become sunder bots for most of this fight, what is stopping one of the two tanks being the controller,

or does the images and the controlling overlap
Morganim

Postby Eeva » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:38 am

Morganim wrote:Up no where near KJ yet, but if we become wisdom bots and warriors become sunder bots for most of this fight, what is stopping one of the two tanks being the controller,

or does the images and the controlling overlap

Yes, they do. Adds spawn at 85/55/25% as well as the orb dragons.
Eeva

Postby Sechs » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:08 pm

I find it really hard to see them before its to late... x_x Anyone got a tip on how to make them stand out more?

Also what macros you guys use? I use this one right now it works great but dangerous if i get killjaden targeted.

/target Sinister reflection
/cast Avenger's Shield(Rank 3)

i also tryed this so i could not cast the shield on kj by misstake -->

/cast [target=Sinister Reflection]Avenger's Shield(Rank 3)

but dident work by some reason. :(
Sechs

Postby Joanadark » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:47 pm

/targetexact Sinister reflection

fixt.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau