Kil'jaeden

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Tisiphone » Thu May 29, 2008 2:05 am

Katamai wrote:Well it's not that we suck, it's just that we're the worst of the 3 classes for most situations when not tanking. And at least knowing my GM i'd probably be told to spec holy while him, another prot war and feral will do the tanking.

Guess i'll chose to sit out on my guild's first when we get there -.-
(Don't mind me, i'm just emo cause we did MH today even though we don't do it and again, no Tempest. Only 3 times it dropped i had to pass for "main" classes <_<)

And at the same time your GM asked you to stay out for Brutallus because of taunt resists even though he doesn't resist them and we're pretty much the best tanks there?

Not that I'm saying paladins are perfectly fine but if all the latest first kills had a tankadin in the squad, how the hell can we not be viable?
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Katamai » Thu May 29, 2008 3:27 am

Tisiphone wrote:And at the same time your GM asked you to stay out for Brutallus because of taunt resists even though he doesn't resist them and we're pretty much the best tanks there?

Not that I'm saying paladins are perfectly fine but if all the latest first kills had a tankadin in the squad, how the hell can we not be viable?

19:29'07.859 Tauftamir's Taunt resisted by Brutallus
19:38'10.875 Tauftamir's Taunt resisted by Brutallus
19:40'44.671 Killspree's Taunt resisted by Brutallus

He doesn't resist them eh? But then again, they're both warriors and have more than one taunt while on the other hand, if that was me, it would have been a wipe.

Situation is pretty similar to other issues we run into in different aspects of the game.

EDIT: Gratz on KJ kill Ossuary! Did you attend the kill? Didn't see you in the screenshot :<
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Lucit » Thu May 29, 2008 9:26 am

Katamai wrote:He doesn't resist them eh? But then again, they're both warriors and have more than one taunt while on the other hand, if that was me, it would have been a wipe.

Situation is pretty similar to other issues we run into in different aspects of the game.

Brutallus has a 1% chance to resist taunt, and this is widely considered to be a bug. Unless you're extremely lucky with timing, warrior and druid taunt resists cause wipes as well. Also, this is fairly offtopic, there must be a better place to post random emo QQing.
Lucit

Postby Ossuary » Fri May 30, 2008 2:59 pm

ah no i wasn't there for the kill
we were trying to push as much dps into the makeup as we could so we opted for 2 ferals and a prot war
Ossuary

Postby rozakk » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:23 am

it would seem like a prot pally would be ideal for those sinister reflections though? I mean technically you dont even need a prot warrior in that fight i think, so you just put the prot pally in that spot and i'd think dps on reflections would be able to start considerably quicker, which means faster dps on kj, which is all the better for getting to the next phase. And assuming you have dps warrs in there for warr stuff, a prot pally could do the job of keeping up crusader if no ret is around.

I dunno, i am going to end up trying it tomorrow though when im able to get back on. The main issue im seeing is being able to identify where the goddamn reflections are and get them before they own someone's face
rozakk

Postby Seloei » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:11 am

Tack humanoid potions and zoom in to the max? =D
or just have a hunter use it and go frantic with clicking on the screen. The fight itself looks awesome, gah wish we could ever reach him :P
Seloei

Postby Rorshach » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 am

rozakk wrote:I dunno, i am going to end up trying it tomorrow though when im able to get back on. The main issue im seeing is being able to identify where the goddamn reflections are and get them before they own someone's face

Let us know how you do :D
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Eeva » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:29 am

Rorshach wrote:
rozakk wrote:I dunno, i am going to end up trying it tomorrow though when im able to get back on. The main issue im seeing is being able to identify where the goddamn reflections are and get them before they own someone's face

Let us know how you do :D

That is my job on the fight. It is very doable, but takes a little practice and a little luck.
Eeva

Postby Rorshach » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Is this seriously the prot pally gear that took down Kil'Jaeden on Method's world second kill?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... and%C3%ADl
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Katamai » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:29 pm

Well as far prot paladins on KJ... i know Inner Sanctum's prot paladin was nothing more than a JoW bot after his mob was dead... /cry
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Worldie » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:46 pm

The question is, would that mob have been harder if it was tanked by another tank?

Cause if so, there's nothing wrong in being JoW bot after it's dead. After all, flame tanks on illidan are just debuff bots after the flames are dead, but noone ever said that tanking the flames is stupid.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tisiphone » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:58 pm

Worldie wrote:The question is, would that mob have been harder if it was tanked by another tank?

Picking them up fast is kind of a necessity and the threat is nice.
So yeah, I think paladins are better on the images.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby rozakk » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:15 am

ok so i had no problem picking them up, they stand around a second and avenger's shield quickly gets a few and i can usually taunt the last.
But honestly due to various fight mechanics there's no reason a prot warr cant tank them all, depending on how u do the fight, and i definitely took more dmg from the warlocks and mages than our prot warr did. I've seen several vids where a prot warr tanked them all reliably, and ours had no problem holding all 4 as well, as long as the dps werent being stupid. The rogue and warrior ones hit hard, but with enough mitigaion its definitely healable barring the unlucky shadowspike on your face.

I still think that either a prot warr or pally could do the job equally well, depending on what your plan is with handling the adds, which emphasizes my belief that in a fight tuned this tight you definitely wouldnt want to have both in there, sucking up a potential dps or healer slot. I'd argue a prot paladins actually better for this fight due to ability to keep up judgments, etc but since our MT has no intentions on sitting this one out i'll prolly be on the sidelines =p
rozakk

Postby Eender » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:44 am

So far we have tried it with myself tanking all 4 reflections and then me picking them up and a feral druid peeling off of me for single targeting. With me picking up all 4 there is definite spiking especially depending on what the reflections are. It is completely doable solo by a prot paladin tho. Inversely it is doable by any tanking class in game atm, at least imo. To be completely honest I think a prot paladin is perfect for the job depending on the strat you are trying to execute.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Sechs » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:27 pm

The mirror images are they classed as demons?
Sechs

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau