Remove Advertisements

Kil'jaeden

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby PsiVen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:52 am

Right sorry, I'll simplify it for the TL;DR folks discussing KJ strategies.

You won't beat P5 with 15 people dead. You always have plenty of time to kill the adds, unless you don't.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby inthedrops » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:13 am

Afraithe wrote:What? Pickup up adds is "hard" now?

No need to be condescending. Picking up the adds (especially if you're responsible for all four of them) takes practice for some people before they become consistent with it. And even then it's very easy to make a mistake.

On the topic of killing adds for P5 or not I agree with PsiVen. It should always be your goal to kill them.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:30 am

On the other hand if anything goes wrong when you try to kill off adds that are hard to kill efficiently, you'll feel really stupid eating the 5th Darkness at 2%. The safest way to go about it is to kill 2 of the reflections and leave the other 2 up. That doesn't always work: you NEED to kill all 4 warriors, and you don't need to bother with some of the easier ones.

Or do what we do, and bring 5 locks.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Afraithe » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:38 pm

inthedrops wrote:No need to be condescending. Picking up the adds (especially if you're responsible for all four of them) takes practice for some people before they become consistent with it. And even then it's very easy to make a mistake.

On the topic of killing adds for P5 or not I agree with PsiVen. It should always be your goal to kill them.

There is so much other random stuff going on in that battle, so by the time your teammates master their part, you will be bored out of your skull.
Afraithe

Postby Elsie » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Afraithe wrote:
inthedrops wrote:No need to be condescending. Picking up the adds (especially if you're responsible for all four of them) takes practice for some people before they become consistent with it. And even then it's very easy to make a mistake.

There is so much other random stuff going on in that battle, so by the time your teammates master their part, you will be bored out of your skull.

QFT. The fight gets boring after the first night for tanks. It's sort of like flame tanking, but with a lower curve and less spotlight.
Or do what we do, and bring 5 locks.

Locks and hunters pretty much own this fight. They should just rename sunwell "Lock, hunter, and priest playground. Shamans can come too, it's cool."
(every class has it pretty nice in sunwell except boomkin. Blizzard did good in that respect).
The reflections at 25% can be handled in many ways. To zerg or not to zerg, that is the question. If you offtank dangerous adds the whole time, you can basically guarantee that you will die at some point in p5, which typically causes a chain reaction -- you might make it to a kill, you might not. On the other hand if anything goes wrong when you try to kill off adds that are hard to kill efficiently, you'll feel really stupid eating the 5th Darkness at 2%. The safest way to go about it is to kill 2 of the reflections and leave the other 2 up. That doesn't always work: you NEED to kill all 4 warriors, and you don't need to bother with some of the easier ones.

You can probably just continue to pull them in seed range and have the locks keep seeding off Kil'jaeden. If it's priests or paladins you probably can just ignore them.
Elsie

Postby Zappi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:24 am

This fight will suck hard with potion disease in 3.0, because you need a free action potion in case of a paladin reflection. If you get this twice, it's probably a wipe :(
Zappi

Postby PsiVen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:00 am

Eh, FAPs are nice and I always bring them but losing them won't be a death sentence. Just have someone on the ball to cleanse you, and aggro them with Consecrate first if at all possible.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby enbee » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:23 am

we have the ret paladin spam cleanse if its paladins

kill all types of adds p5 apart from priests -> enhancement shamans have plenty of free gcd to spam purge
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Stings » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:48 pm

Thanks alot for all the info you guys have provided here! Basicly this 1 thread held all the info needed to succeed at tanking reflections for me :-) Much love, and heres a link to the video I made.

http://files.filefront.com/KJ+2nd+killa ... einfo.html
Stings

Postby inthedrops » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:55 pm

Nice video Stings. Nice job snagging that loose rogue before he ganked a healer :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Stings » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:43 pm

inthedrops wrote:Nice video Stings. Nice job snagging that loose rogue before he ganked a healer :)

Couldnt see them spawn so i was a bit slow there. Had to follow avengers shield :D
Stings

Postby Morganim » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:23 am

sigh 1 week left

and we cant get over the 30% darkness cockblock

every single god damn time at the 30% darness 10 people or so die due to some retarded reason.
Morganim

Postby inthedrops » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:49 am

Morganim wrote:some retarded reason.

orbs I bet :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Elsie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:34 am

PsiVen wrote:Eh, FAPs are nice and I always bring them but losing them won't be a death sentence. Just have someone on the ball to cleanse you, and aggro them with Consecrate first if at all possible.

I didn't get cleansed much. Just had hots and a paladin on me. The paladin reflects don't really hit that hard.
Elsie

Postby Morganim » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:42 am

inthedrops wrote:
Morganim wrote:some retarded reason.

orbs I bet :)

if its not orbs its a late armageddon as people run out

if its not armageddon its firebloom and people being to slow

if its not firebloom its orbs

1 week left for the retards to be electro-shocked enough so they can run through the maze
Morganim

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau