Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Morganim » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:33 am

valdomega wrote:I have a question for the paladins that normally spec prot for spawn tanking, in phase 2 with dps on entropius, do you try to heal or dps? I am normally 0/38/23 for the encounter with imp crus, yet I wanna get some feed back whether our dps or healing is more beneficial in p2 or if you switch from dps to healing later in p2, (arbitrarily say 40 seconds in).

My last question is if your dps do you use command or righteousness?

My guild has had several attempts right above execute range in p2, where on some attempts I was healing and others dpsing. As for our raid make up we use 6 healers with 3 spriests, so for my circumstances with the large amount of VE healing going on, I would imagine me dpsing would be more optimal than healing.

It'd depend on waht your raid is lacking near end of p2.

If your dps is slow then DPS if your know you dont have the best healers then heal.

If you decide to DPS, the best bet would be to throw on a spell damage shield and the rightouness badge libram and then go to town with consecrate + SoR/JoR + excorcism use a lower rank consecrate to conserve mana. and blow wings
Morganim

Postby Vaze » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:30 am

Elsie wrote:
I meant that the damage I take from running through the darkness isn't that bad. We do use 3 warlocks and an elemental shaman as our sentinel dps, but since the seeds hit M'uru, I'm not sure what seeding too much means. I don't know anything about warlocks though, but I assume they are seeding an appropriate amount. I do think I am missing your point about the hunter though.

This makes... no sense to me. Seeds (in almost every case I've seen) are off the sentinel dragged on the void spawn tank or on the void spawn off to the side. They shouldn't be hitting m'uru since sentinel / babies are not tanked on m'uru.

DPS wait for positioning and void blast to do any real damage. If you get a hunter to MD the 9th sentinel you wouldn't have to wait for anything outside the norm.

If you tank the sentinel and the spawns on the lip of the inner circle, then the seeds will also hit M'uru. Seed of corruption radius is 15 yards, which easily reaches M'uru.

Here is the video of our terribly ugly first kill, but it should at least demonstrate how we are always able to keep the sentinel and spawns together all through phase 1.

Don't misunderstand me though. I am not saying our way is right and others are wrong. I really just wanted to throw out a strategy for spawn tanks that I hadn't seen mentioned in the thread.

http://growl.superhappykittymeow.com/mov/divx/muru.html
Vaze - 70 Paladin, Dragonmaw
Vaze

Postby Splug » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Worldie wrote:Did anyone get to tank Entropius yet? Me need info on what kind of gear you need for him.
His damage is roughly the same as void sentinels, maybe slightly lower per-hit and faster, but without constant shadow pulses. The tank damage is enough to keep rage/mana high, but he's not Brutallus. Threat-centered gear is probably a good call, long as you're not looking at raw-spellpower rings or something.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:01 pm

I'm thinking of avoidance heavy set using all tankadin items in armor slot, and avoidance + spelldam trinket.

I heard from many warriors that avoidance heavy is not good for them since a avoidance streak would result in too much loss of TPS.

But i'm not a warrior :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:55 pm

If you tank the sentinel and the spawns on the lip of the inner circle, then the seeds will also hit M'uru. Seed of corruption radius is 15 yards, which easily reaches M'uru.

Yeah you seed a lotttt more than most guilds and are much more mobile. I'd still be iffy of running through the middle because the raid is generally pretty close and random shadow volleys would suck. You seem to do good though.

We tank them over in the corner (left side looking in) and only seed when there's 2-3 waves of babies. The sentinel isnt tanked on the paladin either for the majority of it.
Elsie

Postby Cakes » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Vaze wrote:If you tank the sentinel and the spawns on the lip of the inner circle, then the seeds will also hit M'uru. Seed of corruption radius is 15 yards, which easily reaches M'uru.

Here is the video of our terribly ugly first kill, but it should at least demonstrate how we are always able to keep the sentinel and spawns together all through phase 1.

Don't misunderstand me though. I am not saying our way is right and others are wrong. I really just wanted to throw out a strategy for spawn tanks that I hadn't seen mentioned in the thread.

http://growl.superhappykittymeow.com/mov/divx/muru.html

We do the same thing as you, just slightly different in timing. The paladin doesn't have to be on top of the warrior at all times, because it's a lot more incoming damage from the pulses. I still disagree with running across the middle during darkness simply because it's avoidable damage AND if a heal lands on you while you're running, it's wasted mana. Our healers already run tight as it is with mana because only half of them have access to an spriest for the fight; I don't really want them spending mana on healing avoidable damage.
Cakes

Postby DJSticky » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Worldie wrote:Did anyone get to tank Entropius yet? Me need info on what kind of gear you need for him.

I come off a door onto him so I just use my standard door gear for the most part. I've been playing around with a second trinket slot but I'm not sure what is best Commendation, Shrunken Head, or SMI.

I would like to have a larger heath pool on him then I use on the doors so I may play around with dropping some avoidance for stam. However I will say having that high avoidance gear plus two clickie avoidance trinkets can make things easier in the last 30 seconds or so when raid damage really starts to ramp up.

Like Splug said his damage is about that of the Sents, imo he hits a little lighter. 1 priest and some druid hots is all the heals you need. In all reality most likely 1 priest would do it but why take risks.
DJSticky

Postby Morganim » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:19 am

Just wondering whens the best time to go from P1 to P2.
Atm we are consistently getting to P2 but need to work on the transition a lot. Wr are trying to get it done at about 15 seconds before next wave of humanoids come down.
Morganim

Postby Elsie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:04 am

Assuming a warrior is tanking sentinels and entropius, the 'best' time to transition is after dotting the 9th sentinel but before killing it.
Elsie

Postby Cakes » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:40 am

Elsie wrote:Assuming a warrior is tanking sentinels and entropius, the 'best' time to transition is after dotting the 9th sentinel but before killing it.

Yep, or 7 sents if you're pushing it. Really the odd sentinel numbers favor transitions.
Cakes

Postby Splug » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:16 am

Aye, pushing through at 4 min, 5 min, or 6 min are pretty much your best options. It's worth noting that a 4 min transition will result in Darkness being active right as Entropius spawns, though it clears almost the instant he's up. If you have a warrior/bear scheduled to tank him, he'll need misdirect. Paladins would probably be ok with an AS/exorcism opener.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Cassanova » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:19 pm

Seems there arent too many paladins tanking sentinels and spawns :(
My guild is progressing on muru atm after taking a summer break and has me on sentinels and spawns. Im using 205 sr while maintaining around 21.5k hp and 22k armor(with ironshields). Sr gear is neck and cloak and i use a flask of chromatic wonder. Grounding totem hasnt failed me yet for the void blasts :o

Im wondering, what kind of positioning do you guys use in p2? P1 is getting damn stable but we need to work on getting a good transition into p2. 2% entropius is our best try :/

edit: wow, after about 15 months of reading this site, i finally make a post :D
Cassanova

Postby Morganim » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:00 pm

Cassanova wrote:Seems there arent too many paladins tanking sentinels and spawns :(
My guild is progressing on muru atm after taking a summer break and has me on sentinels and spawns. Im using 205 sr while maintaining around 21.5k hp and 22k armor(with ironshields). Sr gear is neck and cloak and i use a flask of chromatic wonder. Grounding totem hasnt failed me yet for the void blasts :o

Im wondering, what kind of positioning do you guys use in p2? P1 is getting damn stable but we need to work on getting a good transition into p2. 2% entropius is our best try :/

I do it,
I use SR neck/cape but i use a blinding light flask for more threat on the spawns so we can seed asap.
Morganim

Postby Elsie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:17 pm

Just have to spread out sort of near your group and avoid balls of fury. Avoid holes, too.

I think we have something like, hunters around KJ door, warlocks around entrance, some other people to the right, and take up a roughly 300 degree angle around the center. Basically stand near your group for chain heal / circle of healing. Use healthstones. Bloodlust your healers. Use anything you can to stay alive if you need to.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:19 am

Morganim wrote:
Cassanova wrote:Seems there arent too many paladins tanking sentinels and spawns :(

I do it,
I use SR neck/cape but i use a blinding light flask for more threat on the spawns so we can seed asap.

We tried it too, and was working fine, but the side tanks were getting so owned then :(

Too bad i can't tank both the sides, the spawns, and entropius at same time.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau