Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ryuusuke » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:06 am

inthedrops wrote:
Ryuusuke wrote:the Tank needs to have 2 Sentinels up for about 3-4 seconds.

I didn't follow why this was a needed situation (although I do realize you're saying it's hopefully a rare situation). But I can't think of any reason why the tank would ever need to have two sentinals on him. This is something I'd try to change.

When darkness is up and the sentinal tank is caught on "the wrong side" DPS should still be attacking the sentinal. The DPS just can't kill it over there. They'll need to wait for darkness to end, the tank to kite it to the other side, and by then it should be almost dead. There will be plenty of time to handle it this way, it's what my guild does.

This, indeed, is a very rare occasion, it happened 2 times in longer tries...
It's just that basically i got 1 spawngroup at my side and then the sentinel spawns on the other one - ideally at the entrance - no way to pass through there. 3-5 seconds after the sentinal really spawned darkness BEGINS -> 15 seconds. The next Sentinel spawns BEFORE darkness has ended. And THIS is, where a change is needed.

I think we should go with something like

If a even sentinal spawn is about to collide with a darkness spawn - simply Seed only one group. This way i can easily walk through the sentinel tank. THOUGH the loss of DPS on the sentinel need to get compromised by a good spawn of the 3rd sentinel in this matter.

Left - Right - Left spawn would totally kill the rotation and i think we'd fall behind in DPS.
Though this is a subject to test for us. Still not everyone in our gild has gotten the best grip on the encounter.. 1-3 days and hopefully we'll see P2, soon ;)
Ryuusuke

Postby Arquine » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:30 am

Hi, forgive my laziness but we've just killed Twins yesterday (which seems like forever) and I am a bit confused by the posts in the thread as some of the information may be out of date and not entirely accurate.

I was wondering about the tanking strategy for myself and my guild. I have been looking at the guides and most suggest a 4 tank setup. One of the massive problem here is our guild consist of 2 very good prot warriors, and 1 fury warrior with decent tank gear and myself which is the prot paladin (with T4 gloves and T5 shoulders **sob**, and pretty decent parts for the rest of my gear).

I was wondering if there is a 3 tank setup we could use that involve 2 prot warriors and myself? I'm not entire comfortable to be confined to critter (spawn) tanking, abiet with ego issues here.

If using a 4 tank setup, say MT1, MT2, MT3, all prot warriors, which should be tanking which? say 1 is better than 2 is better than 3.
Arquine

Postby Elsie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:22 pm

The 3 tank strategy is much more prone to RNG. It would have the two warriors tanking the sides (with a polymorph). A prot paladin would take the spawns and sentinels with a grounding totem for Void Blast.

The problem is, you have no thunderclap and demo shout. Demo shout is about 4k damage from Sentinels. You also have to be in SR for the void spawn so your avoidance is lower. You also need 3 hunters to rotate misdirect on you because you can't move with the void spawns.
Elsie

Postby inthedrops » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:33 pm

Arquine wrote:Hi, forgive my laziness but we've just killed Twins yesterday (which seems like forever) and I am a bit confused by the posts in the thread as some of the information may be out of date and not entirely accurate.

I was wondering about the tanking strategy for myself and my guild. I have been looking at the guides and most suggest a 4 tank setup. One of the massive problem here is our guild consist of 2 very good prot warriors, and 1 fury warrior with decent tank gear and myself which is the prot paladin (with T4 gloves and T5 shoulders **sob**, and pretty decent parts for the rest of my gear).

I was wondering if there is a 3 tank setup we could use that involve 2 prot warriors and myself? I'm not entire comfortable to be confined to critter (spawn) tanking, abiet with ego issues here.

If using a 4 tank setup, say MT1, MT2, MT3, all prot warriors, which should be tanking which? say 1 is better than 2 is better than 3.

I'd think you should be on one door, your best warrior on the sentinal, your other warrior on the other door. Let the fury warrior dps, and grab a holy paladin to respec and tank the spawns.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Arquine » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:27 pm

finally tanked it today :D
failed horribly @ 3 tank setup.

did a 4 tank setup, but I feel so wasted there :(

but when we moved our MT to tank Sentinel, our new 4th tank keeps constantly dying due to heavy damage from the BEs.

Tried first with a feral tank then a prot warrior but still not good enough. I might be able to tank the door but concecrate will break sheep and I don't think I can withstand the heavy impact of 3 mobs on me.
Arquine

Postby Mex » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:48 am

Hi, I was hoping to get some advice on gearing up to tank M'uru (sents + spawns), specifically in terms of gemming and enchanting. I'm holy 90% of the time, but enjoy prot a lot, so I've been looking forward to this fight for a while. We're working on twins now, but hoping to get a look at M'uru this week or next.

Wayjin's guide on page 12 was excellent, and I've been using those figures (ie 20.5k buffed, ~53% avoidance, 284 SR) as a rough guide, while basically trying to stack as much of everything as possible.

I was wondering though if sacrificing another piece of traditional tanking loot for more SR (enough to bring me to the 350 75% resist cap) would be worth it? How dangerous is the shadow damage from the spawns?

My strategy with gemming so far is basically to stack as much of everything as I can, gemming spell damage or spell damage/stam in red, stam in blue, and defense / stam in yellow, going for socket bonuses wherever possible.

I'm still a little unsure on what meta to use though. Likewise with bracer and chest enchants. 5% stun resist is useless on this fight, and pretty much anywhere else I'm likely to tank, and in terms of item budget 12 defense seems about equal to 18 stam, which leaves the 12 def + 10% BV meta a fairly clear leader. Am I wrong in thinking this? Assuming that all stats are generally equally important? Following this logic, 15 def to chest seems superior to 150 health, and 12 def to bracers seems better than 12 stamina. My cloak will almost certainly have SR on it, so I'm not as concerned with that.

At the moment my only concern is tanking the sentinel + spawns on M'uru, and tailoring my gear around that. The only other stuff I ever tank (felmyst skeles and the odd kara) is cake, so I'm basically planning to design my entire gearset around this single fight. At the moment I'm hoping to simply be able to full block the spawns' melee damage, leaving only the volleys (most of which will be mitigated through SR), sentinel melee and sentinel pulse to worry about. This has made me lean towards shooting for effective health over avoidance, is that a reasonable move to make on this fight?

Oh, and finally, consumables. Will probably be using spell damage food+oil, but still unsure on flasks. I hadn't even considered chromatic wonder, and depending on how much SR I end up using, it could end up allowing me to swap an entire piece of SR loot for something with better mitigation, although losing 80 holy damage would hurt I think. Will be chaining ironshields and using scrolls of prot / agi every attempt.

Hope I didn't ramble too much, any help / advice on gearing would be greatly appreciated!
Mex

Postby inthedrops » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:54 am

Mex, the only threat from the void spawns is the shadow damage. Their melee is not a threat in the slightest.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:08 pm

I'd say you probably want to wear less SR than that for Sent+Spawns. I assume that the 3 tank strat involves AoEing the adds down every wave so that they don't pile up on the tank, in which case the Sentinel's 9k melee swings will account for most of the damage you take. Block value isn't so good here since the void spawns will be eating your HS charges, so unless you'd have to redo your meta gem I would use 18 stam. Gem dodge in reds, not spell damage.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Elysianlight » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:34 am

Im curious what the general consensus is here for prot vs heal tanking void spawns with capped sr.

Currently im prot and I enjoy tanking but im usually holy in raids and i mentioned the idea of having me heal tank it before but one of the officers thinks ill take too much damage. Does anyone have like a video of void spawns being tanked by a holy paladin?
Elysianlight

Postby Mex » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:24 am

Excellent, thanks for the answers guys, exactly what I was looking for.

I've currently got the block value meta in my tankatronics, but will throw an 18 stam into T6 helm if we can fit a Hyjal in somewhere after downing Twins.

Less SR made me extremely nervous, a friend told me he tanked them with 350 and wouldn't even consider going lower than 300, but I hadn't considered AoEing them down every wave, that would cut out a big chunk of potential burst.

My fully buffed health (no imp or commanding) is still just shy of 19k, so will prob have to swap some SR gear out somewhere, and mebbe mess around with consumables.

Thanks again for the advice, no doubt I will be back soon with more questions (got Sacrolash to 7% with one death tonight and our MT disconnected!)
Mex

Postby Atreidies » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:50 am

Mex wrote:My fully buffed health (no imp or commanding) is still just shy of 19k, so will prob have to swap some SR gear out somewhere, and mebbe mess around with consumables.

Tanked them this week in full holy gear, ignored my double 4pc setup completely. Commanding Shout in my group gave me something like 12.1k HP max, I tanked all spawns with 125 SR and ~900 spell damage which is about 200 spell damage short of my normal setup. Aggro was a little touchy since I was down 4pc prot and 200 spell damage from being in healing gear exclusively, but I still survived more than fine with Sentinels and their auras dragged right on top of me, did a majority of my own healing and healed an entire group in p2 solo.

We do AE adds every single sentinel, but I cannot see the damage getting unreasonable with even 3 packs if you have any kind of SR on, 200+ and a single healer. It's just no damage.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Mex » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:44 am

Heh sorry, I might not have made it clear, I'll be tanking the sentinels and spawns. With 9k melee swings added in, I can see the damage getting very spikey, and was hoping to mitigate as much as possible with SR to ideally leave just the melee + pulse as the main sources of damage.
Mex

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:06 pm

I'm quite sure there was a link to a side-tank video, wtb it, can't really survive reading again 22 pages :S
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:09 pm

Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Thanks pal
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau