Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby valdomega » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:53 pm

Personally, I like going 0/38/23 for M'uru. I feel that the extra dps for my group by improving the sanctity aura is worth more than 4% more hp or 2 more points in Argent Defender. As for going 41/20/0 for the fight, I feel that the healing/tanking spec isn't really ideal unless you’re having the sentinels kited to you, in which case you can actually stay stationary and heal yourself.

My guild's strategy involves the warrior sentinel tank running to the sentinel spawn location and bringing the sentinel to the 3/9 positions in the room, where the sentinels are killed. I run in when the sentinel is at 50% drop my consecration, and pick up the adds (hopefully). When I tried healing myself as 41/20/0, I felt I was running far too much over the darkness to justify the spec.

However, I still haven’t seen p2 yet, this Sunday will be our 5th night on him, and our best % so far is 7% in phase 1. As for the pre-nerf vrs post nerf comments, I really don’t worry about killing him post nerf. I killed Mag vrs 1.0, no one cares if you killed him pre/post nerf back in like 2.1. Yet, I can appreciate all the people who killed M’uru vrs 1.0 and 1.1 since I at least attempted him pre-nerf.
The privilege of education leads to the burden of leadership.
valdomega

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:10 pm

We've had much less trouble with people getting shadowbolted or AoE being out of range by keeping the void spawns still and the sentinel tank doing the run-in, but self-healing still doesn't seem suited to our usual comp which is low on AoE.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby inthedrops » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:12 pm

PsiVen wrote:We've had much less trouble with people getting shadowbolted or AoE being out of range by keeping the void spawns still and the sentinel tank doing the run-in

Same here. It puts more onus on the sentinal tank but it just ends up being safer and more predictable overall. We absolutely cannot afford to get the groups shadow volleyed. We tried it where I go to him but that didn't work well. In the end, we adopted the "sentinal tank waits on the other side till darkness is over" strategy for those times where darkness gets in the way. I works awesome. We haven't killed muru but we were on phase 2 attempts before the nerf and it's the strat we use.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Neuron » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:17 am

Heh, I wish you could talk to the guys I raid with, I get so much shit regarding whether I should be the one moving or the sent tank should be the one moving or we should meet.

One warlock who happens to be one of the officers has gone as far as to complain if spawns were tanked 5ft out of position claiming he would have to "move sometimes" and therefore lose DPS.

Edit: having the sent tank hold on the other side for darkness works out really well. Just make sure sent dps is not so retarded that it can't tell when to stop killing it so that it does not die before it reaches the spawn tank. Sigh
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Cakes » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:23 am

Neuron wrote:Edit: having the sent tank hold on the other side for darkness works out really well. Just make sure sent dps is not so retarded that it can't tell when to stop killing it so that it does not die before it reaches the spawn tank. Sigh

These are warlocks we're talking about. I would highly suggest they create the following macro

/cast Shadow Bolt
/stopcasting

for the above situation. This way, they can still maintain the interactivity that is the warlock class without actually doing damage and killing sentinels too soon! Win/Win!
Cakes

Postby Morganim » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:21 am

So we've done some work on the fight.

But ive been given the role of sentinal + spawn tanking, despite explaining how i take more dmg and bla bla. The officers just seem to not want to listen to me and are convinced its the best thing to do for some stupid reason

Just wondering if theres anything i can do to make this work so that we dont wipe for ages due to me dying. Atm im going for a balanced avoidance/stamina set.
Morganim

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:47 am

Morganim wrote:So we've done some work on the fight.

But ive been given the role of sentinal + spawn tanking, despite explaining how i take more dmg and bla bla. The officers just seem to not want to listen to me and are convinced its the best thing to do for some stupid reason

Just wondering if theres anything i can do to make this work so that we dont wipe for ages due to me dying. Atm im going for a balanced avoidance/stamina set.

Mhhh perhaps thats the best choice actualy? we can pick up the sentinals easier then any other tank
Io.Draco

Postby Elsie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:33 am

Mhhh perhaps thats the best choice actualy? we can pick up the sentinals easier then any other tank

not when you have 10 void spawn on you.

http://files.filefront.com/illuminatimu ... einfo.html

Video from a Holy Priest taking care of me on a side. A good 3-4 minutes there of us doing what we do best.
Don't copy my Hammer of Wrathing. That was a result of boredom at doing this for a couple months.
Elsie

Postby Morganim » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:22 pm

Elsie wrote:

not when you have 10 void spawn on you.

http://files.filefront.com/illuminatimu ... einfo.html

Video from a Holy Priest taking care of me on a side. A good 3-4 minutes there of us doing what we do best.
Don't copy my Hammer of Wrathing. That was a result of boredom at doing this for a couple months.

See thats what strat we used the first night with me on the door.
I reallly am not looking forward to doing sentinals + spwans at once
Morganim

Postby Zably » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:14 am

Morganim wrote:Just wondering if theres anything i can do to make this work so that we dont wipe for ages due to me dying. Atm im going for a balanced avoidance/stamina set.

Works just fine for us. Exorcism can grab any sentinel on your side, but you really need a misdirect for anything on the far side, unless you want to risk kiting everything through the middle. We just bring 3 hunters, and put a shaman in group for grounding totem (vs the void blast). 90% of the time, you only need 1-2 of the hunters to MD, but every so often you'll get 3-4 sentinels in a row on the far side, so the 3rd hunter is a lot safer.

My main spec is holy, so I'm running around in 7/8 T6, and Kalecgoes legs, using RoS neck for the avoidance, the rest is still just BT stuff. You'll probably need 3 (2.5) healers, we use pally, priest, and a druid that is on the door tank also. The biggest thing probably, is balancing your threat and your avoidance, it took about a day for me to figure out how to keep aggro on all the adds + sentinel after starting out in full avoidance gear. I'm pretty safe, most of the time, with about 750 spell dmg now, but I still lose an add or two every other attempt from a early SoC crit. It's not too bad though, and they're tauntable.
Zably

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:18 am

We haven't been able to reach P2, yet, though our best run was 7% P1 where we died due to a warlock overnuking the sent - screw him!

We do it with Warrior MT and me on the Spawns. The Warrior is Intervening throughout the room on every Sent Spawn and is tanking with THE DECIMATOR, haha - great for pulling!

We don't get a single Misdirection - though i feel it just is not really needed!

We AE on every 2nd Spawn death. I tank in 2 Pieces of SR (Legs and Waist) - the rest is full tier 6. If i had the Neck of Illidan quest - i'd use it...
Rings and Trinkets are both Spelldmg. Buffs and Schild - SPelldmg...

It all goes pretty Smooth. There is, however, one point of failure.
Sentinel 5 spawns at the other side of spawn 4 - where we AE them down!

2s after Spawn 5 is out, darkness is being cast. Darkness holds out until Spawn 6 is spawning. So we need to stop DPS on the sentinel until darkness wears out and the Tank needs to have 2 Sentinels up for about 3-4 seconds.

Though we're trying to move the side Groups away from the inner circle now - this couldn't be tested enough yesterday, though.
But i think this will work out for us
Ryuusuke

Postby inthedrops » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:50 am

Ryuusuke wrote:the Tank needs to have 2 Sentinels up for about 3-4 seconds.

I didn't follow why this was a needed situation (although I do realize you're saying it's hopefully a rare situation). But I can't think of any reason why the tank would ever need to have two sentinals on him. This is something I'd try to change.

When darkness is up and the sentinal tank is caught on "the wrong side" DPS should still be attacking the sentinal. The DPS just can't kill it over there. They'll need to wait for darkness to end, the tank to kite it to the other side, and by then it should be almost dead. There will be plenty of time to handle it this way, it's what my guild does.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Zzyzzx » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Working some on M'uru...

Shadow Resist:
So, been running 205 SR, can I go lower? doesn't seem to matter, I guess dmg isn't too great on me.

Spawns:
Warrior and I have been trying to work on a strat of meeting, or waiting for Darkness, picking up spawns whereever he is, etc.

Some problems I have had are:

Consecrate and HW down when it counts the most, right before or when spawns pop, not good... (this was using meet or me move method).

Just seems to make more sense to have me sit still and have Warrior walk sent onto me, so 1: consecrate continues to tick, and 2: ranged don't have to move, or adjust...

Do you all AoE the spawns right away, or do you focus more on Sents, etc..

I see many methods stated here, AoE, everytime, every other time, etc. another thing that happens is, if I move to pick up spawns, and then have to move again, you can bet on the fact that the Warlocks will start their seeds-o-poppin, and I will lose a couple

Just seems to make sense to have spawns, sitting still...

We have tonight, still to try this...
Zzyzzx

Postby inthedrops » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Zzyzzx wrote:Working some on M'uru...

Shadow Resist:
So, been running 205 SR, can I go lower? doesn't seem to matter, I guess dmg isn't too great on me.

Spawns:
Warrior and I have been trying to work on a strat of meeting, or waiting for Darkness, picking up spawns whereever he is, etc.

Some problems I have had are:

Consecrate and HW down when it counts the most, right before or when spawns pop, not good... (this was using meet or me move method).

Just seems to make more sense to have me sit still and have Warrior walk sent onto me, so 1: consecrate continues to tick, and 2: ranged don't have to move, or adjust...

Do you all AoE the spawns right away, or do you focus more on Sents, etc..

I see many methods stated here, AoE, everytime, every other time, etc. another thing that happens is, if I move to pick up spawns, and then have to move again, you can bet on the fact that the Warlocks will start their seeds-o-poppin, and I will lose a couple

Just seems to make sense to have spawns, sitting still...

We have tonight, still to try this...

I have a video of me tanking the voids for my guilds first Muru kill. I think it might help answer some of your questions. There is definetely the need for teamwork between the sentinal and sentinal spawn tank. Occasionally he forgets to move the sentinal on top of me for example and I just slowly start edging over to him if it looks like he's forgetting since there's really not enough time to say anything in Vent.

http://files.filefront.com/MuruKillwmv/;11261370;/fileinfo.html

200 SR is plenty (I'm at about 260 buffed though).

You've got to fix the consecrate timing problem. My tip would be to never consecrate if the next sentinal is anything less than 2/3 health. Don't get greedy with it.

We tried where I go to the warrior but once we changed it to where he comes to me it was much safer. So I definetely think sentinal tank coming to spawn tank is the smarter approach. When it's the other way around you'd find that you would pull your spawns and get people shadow volleyed beacuse the sentinal tank would come to you too late or not come far enough.

We kill every other wave of spawns but when it's time to kill the spawns we try to get the sentinal on top of everything to take seed damage. This helps the locks keep up on sentinals. Locks aren't seeding the spawns until the second round. The mages tend to flamestrike every round though.

You're right. Keeping the spawns still is a much more stable and less chaotic feeling approach. I'd definetely try to find a way to go more in that diretcion than you running around. Their volley range is much larger than the blast range from the sentinals.

I hope the video helps.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Zzyzzx » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:10 pm

Thanks alot!

I will check out the vid!

Appreciate the feedback.
Zzyzzx

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau