Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Eender » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:25 am

1 holy paladin (on Sent tank)
1 Resto Druid (On Door Side tank/Sent Tank/extra heals on Door Tank)
3 resto shaman (one on door side chain heal through tank, 2 on KJ side one direct heal on KJ tank, other chain heal through tank and on DPS on that side (also spot heals on Sent tank if the spawn is on that side))
1 Holy Priest (Spawn tank and Raid on that side, also throws hots flashes to Sent tank if/when needed)

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby darklac » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:42 am

PsiVen wrote:Technically only 2 prot paladins, the one on spawns doesn't need to be.

Half their casters were alts apparently. The strat should be viable after the nerf if you tend to roll caster heavy and have a second paladin who can spec prot.

we use 3 to be correct + a prot warrior the 3rd prot pally the one tanking spawn runs a retard spec of 40/21 simple for quick threat. as for the time it take to get the adds into aoe spot its less then 10sec. leaveing roughly 9-16 seconds to get back to door and wait. as for the no melee that is incorrect we use 3 melee currently the first video was no melee yes but no we use 2-3 almost every time
darklac

Postby DJSticky » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:44 pm

DJSticky wrote:And re the nerf, I'm kinda pissed. Having the fight almost in the bag and then this.

Sigh... 300+ pulls pre nerf 20% best attempt. 6 Pulls post nerf, dead. Thanks blizz =/
DJSticky

Postby Morganim » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:28 pm

DJSticky wrote:
DJSticky wrote:And re the nerf, I'm kinda pissed. Having the fight almost in the bag and then this.

Sigh... 300+ pulls pre nerf 20% best attempt. 6 Pulls post nerf, dead. Thanks blizz =/

Wish my guild saw it pre-nerf just so we would of had to up our game to meet the dps on the adds :(
Morganim

Postby link » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:44 am

A question. Is AD a must for spawn tanking? or is 0/40/21 the better build?
link

Postby Atreidies » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:34 am

link wrote:A question. Is AD a must for spawn tanking? or is 0/40/21 the better build?

Do it holy and heal some bitches imo. I put out well over 200k healing tanking spawns and solo healing my own group this week.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby link » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:36 pm

Atreidies wrote:
link wrote:A question. Is AD a must for spawn tanking? or is 0/40/21 the better build?

Do it holy and heal some bitches imo. I put out well over 200k healing tanking spawns and solo healing my own group this week.

Sadly i dun have healing gears. At least not at gears of this level. As for why? Lootwhores in my raid. :(
link

Postby Elsie » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:32 pm

We admittedly 'cheesed' the encounter a bit. We brought in a priest alt for Divine Spirit and a paladin alt for Blessing of Light on everyone (and salv on hunters).

On the plus side I now have a useless ret pvp ring.
http://wowwebstats.com/ahvcrpxqf1hys?s=152065-191161

On druid vs paladin for sides:
Synergy
A druid is better for buffing the dps. Even with the hp nerf, 5% more crit and some healing is very strong. However, Judgement of Light in phase 2 ended up being INCREDIBLY strong. Also, even though we used 4 paladin buffs, people can die in the encounter. It is extremely handy to have three paladins to rebuff that person.

On Threat
For the druid, he didn't tank the mage mostly. Druid aoe threat even on 3 targets is laughable compared to a paladin. For his side, on my understanding, the rogue tanked the mage (intercept to kidney shot to cloak of shadows to bash or bear taunt). So the bear had to continually switch and build threat.

Paladins make it much simpler. Even against unsalved hunters you can keep aggro (and taunt or stun in cases) on the mage, then move to a marked berserker, then the second berserker. There is no switching and whatnot. Holy Shield + Consecrate is silly threat since a berserker will hit you 4-7 times in 8 seconds. Case in point: I never lost threat.

On damage taken
Paladin tanks will take less damage than bears assuming gear and gemming are capable of equaling out. The point is you'll have a resto shaman and holy priest, ideally, on you. With inspiration aind bulwark, my armor was over 28000 and the armor cap on these is ~30.5k If I switched to an armor cloak/ring and had a few more upgrades, it isn't a stretched to actually stay armor capped for a large period of this fight. Then we have ~800 block value on top of that. In the wws I take more damage due to mage fireballs and DPS on my side was slow so I wasn't prioritizing holy shield like many others would. I also let iron shield fall a little bit admittedly.
Avoidance is pretty much the same since a bear tank must devote a trinket to expertise/threat.
In the wws I avoided slightly more but took more hits because frankly, his side had a better DPS set up and more gear.

I will say a druid does offer more damage but less mitigation on sides. According to my healer, I was rediculously easy to heal to the point he could throw circle of healing out between waves or the last berserker.

So... there you have it. Judgement of light in p2 healed 5000-9000 dmg in p2 (jorkk healed 8550 as a non-glaive rogue) which is extremely significant since you're taking 1500-2100 dps in that. Judging wisdom p2 is kind of pointless due to how short it is.

On the transition:
By far the hardest part of this fight is transitioning from p1 to p2. Hals a second too late and it's a new sentinel. In general, you will want to kill m'uru and THEN the 9th sentinel. At this point the sides will have 1 to 1.5 berserkers (assuming mages are ko'd first).
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND AT LEAST 2 HUNTERS
There is a GOOD chance the 9th sentinel will be on the 'wrong' side. Darkness also coincides with the 9th sentinel. It is imperative to misdirect that sentinel if it is on the wrong side. It is also IMPERATIVE to misdirect entropius to the sentinel tank because side adds wont be down but the sentinel will get nuked by everything under the sun.

On side DPS:
By far you want a rogue on both sides. I tried this with triple hunter, and it was ok but I took a lot more fireballs. Kick (unrecommended mostly for either side - they melee hard if you lose aggro) and kidney shot are extremely potent. With kidney shot I was able to save my stun for the berserkers (no dodging melee either).

Ideally you want:
hunter, rogue, warrior, enhancement shaman, tank
Elsie

Postby Lowgrus » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:10 am

so is 0/40/21 a viable spec for this encounter? becuase I'm apping to a guild and they say for sunwell i should be 0/49/12 becuase spell warding and ardent defender help SOOO MUCH.

I've been tanking for long time as 0/40/21 and love it, i mean spell warding makes me want to gag to be completely honest.

However I dont have the expierence in sunwell to argue this.
Lowgrus

Postby Eender » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:14 am

No spell warding = you take same damage as a druid from spells. That means it isn't needed... It IS nice tho to have and adds something that a druid doesn't. As far as AD, some fights it is a must have. For door tanking it would be my recommendation that you must have it. For spawn tanking, not.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby DJSticky » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:34 pm

Lowgrus wrote:so is 0/40/21 a viable spec for this encounter? becuase I'm apping to a guild and they say for sunwell i should be 0/49/12 becuase spell warding and ardent defender help SOOO MUCH.

I've been tanking for long time as 0/40/21 and love it, i mean spell warding makes me want to gag to be completely honest.

However I dont have the expierence in sunwell to argue this.

I've said this several times. I tanked the door from our first pull to our kill as 0/40/21. No spell warding 3/5 reck.

I was in a melee group with a twisting shammy so I had GoA, I used max avoidance and my WWS show about 70% pure avoidance on most attempts. 20k life, 600 spell damage and flasked blinding light.
DJSticky

Postby Lieris » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:58 pm

Tired of all the wipes because of people expecting Entropius to roll over and die for us just because he was nerfed, it became clear we needed a true hero to inspire us to victory.

Sadly the darkness claimed his life but his contribution will never be forgotten.

... still no kill though :P
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Helenia » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:37 pm

So I've been delegated to tank Void Spawns for this fight. I'm 7/8 t6 Prot, 4/8 Holy. I'm a skilled tank and healer. Should I spec 4X / 2X / 0 for this or go 40 / 21?

I assume if you spec Holy for spawns, the idea is to:

1) Hold aggro on spawns
2) Heal yourself, thus allowing another DPS, or for the healer previously designated to watch out for you to heal elsewhere
3) Heal in p2

What is a better idea?
Helenia

Postby PsiVen » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:35 pm

I've been tanking them as 0/40/21 (with AD instead of CE because of spammed little hits), we kill them every other wave. I recommend it. More thoughts here.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Atreidies » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:11 am

I do require some help healing myself in p1 as Holy, but I can also heal an entire group solo in p2. That's worth it alone.

We AE every pack, I wear SR neck and healing cloak with SR enchant + priest buff, I run a little over 1100 holy damage buffed and I swap healing/shield/libram for p2.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau