Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Veldefice » Mon May 19, 2008 4:31 pm

Elsie wrote:
I just read through this thread briefly, but I wanted a direct answer

Err, I did the numbers on the post RIGHT above yours. He'd need SR, stam, and armor/avoidance with 2 dedicated healers and probably a line of hots.

Riiiight ;P Completely missed the post.

There are some varying opinions on wearing 0 SR or not having a prot pally tank the Sentinels...

I'm inclined to believe that wearing some SR on a prot pally as well as having a prot warrior tank the sentinel instead of the prot pally would work better for my guild.

Our prot pally is pretty well geared, but those huge spikes are quite devastating. Will try more things out tonight.
Veldefice

Postby rozakk » Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 am

the dps requirements in phase2 seem even more insane than p1.. i really really wish there was a way i could tank both sents and void spawns, so we could squeeze another dps or healer instead of a tank in that spot, either one would be so huge in p2. If someone has an idea on how to get sents across the room to you without hunters in the raid please post 8)

tanking just the spawns is a very boring job, which gets exponentially worse the longer ur attemping the fight
rozakk

Postby Eneru » Tue May 20, 2008 2:26 am

rozakk wrote:the dps requirements in phase2 seem even more insane than p1.. i really really wish there was a way i could tank both sents and void spawns, so we could squeeze another dps or healer instead of a tank in that spot, either one would be so huge in p2. If someone has an idea on how to get sents across the room to you without hunters in the raid please post 8)

tanking just the spawns is a very boring job, which gets exponentially worse the longer ur attemping the fight

I use /tar void sentinel /cast Exorcism when i see a free void targeting a healer. They are inmune to taunt but the warrior can build enoough aggro to move it to the tanking spot
Eneru

Postby Katamai » Wed May 21, 2008 3:15 am

So my guild finally got to M'uru and we're trying to devise a strategy.
I'm guessing the general consensus to have a paladin tank on sentinels + spawns is still a bad idea?

Last night on our "loltry" we got M'uru to 69% in P1 and i tanked 2 zerkers without any issues though we didn't really take care of sentinels.

I guess we'll have to see what happens this reset but so far we're trying to decide if me tanking sentinels and spawns would be a worthy risk in return for one extra DPS slot.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Eneru » Wed May 21, 2008 5:16 am

Katamai wrote:So my guild finally got to M'uru and we're trying to devise a strategy.
I'm guessing the general consensus to have a paladin tank on sentinels + spawns is still a bad idea?

Last night on our "loltry" we got M'uru to 69% in P1 and i tanked 2 zerkers without any issues though we didn't really take care of sentinels.

I guess we'll have to see what happens this reset but so far we're trying to decide if me tanking sentinels and spawns would be a worthy risk in return for one extra DPS slot.

Sentinel is definately made for warriors. Spellreflect gives more DPS/TPS on the mob as well as less incoming damage for the tank (-35% attack speed on the mob)
Eneru

Postby ShyneeThings » Sat May 24, 2008 1:26 am

Eneru wrote:
Sentinel is definately made for warriors. Spellreflect gives more DPS/TPS on the mob as well as less incoming damage for the tank (-35% attack speed on the mob)

without numbercrunching and depending on class balance, could not a misdirect rotation from hunters for sentinels in combination with a grounding totem put us about equal for tanking sents? u negate the large shadowblast, maintain respectable threat, and allow your raid to free up an extra spot for one more dps. perhaps that extra spot for dps is worth just a little less threat or a little more incoming dmg.

currently were still using a warrior to pick up sentinels and myself tanking voidspawns which works out fine, but just a thought ill be tossing out next night of attmpts, as squeezing in another dps'er seems priceless.
*Shyneethigs - 70 Paladin*
[US] Mannoroth Alliance

<Brotherhood of Nine>
bo9.guildlaunch.com
ShyneeThings

Postby Elsie » Sat May 24, 2008 2:44 am

It still probably wouldnt make up for the mitigation loss of reflect (-35%) and TC (-20%) demo shout (incredible on these) and avoidance loss from SR. They were pretty much made for warriors.
Elsie

Postby Eeva » Sat May 24, 2008 8:03 am

Elsie wrote:It still probably wouldnt make up for the mitigation loss of reflect (-35%) and TC (-20%) demo shout (incredible on these) and avoidance loss from SR. They were pretty much made for warriors.

The reflect also does ~9k damage I believe plus that damage's threat.

I have only heard of SK using a paladin on the Sents. Do they still do it? I would be willing to bet they dont.
Eeva

Postby Requital » Sat May 24, 2008 10:45 am

They use a Paladin on Sentinels + Voids with a Shaman dropping grounding totems to eat the Blast from the Sentinels. The Protadin had 1 dedicated Paladin healer and 2 Shaman that bounced chain heals off him. Quite a few guilds are using Prot Paladins to do the job but it seems everyone that utilizes a prot paladin also has the hunters.

That is the rumor, I won't really know if the totem eats the blast from the sentinels until tonight when we try it. If it does then the Paladin is very suited for this job as long as you have a really good Shaman to drop totems and not get tunnel vision.

Don't hurt to have 3 Hunters for perfect MD rotation either.
Requital

Postby Afraithe » Sun May 25, 2008 10:40 am

Can anyone confirm if totem takes the big hit from the big voids?
Afraithe

Postby Requital » Sun May 25, 2008 11:59 am

For your viewing pleasure I give you Grounding Totem in Action

Requital

Postby Afraithe » Sun May 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Yeah we are doing him right now, Grounding does work.
Afraithe

Postby ShyneeThings » Sun May 25, 2008 7:42 pm

u guys using just locks dot/seed to kill the v-spawns? and do u have them aoe every wave or do u let 2 or 3 sets of void spawns collect on u then mass aoe.
Last edited by ShyneeThings on Tue May 27, 2008 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*Shyneethigs - 70 Paladin*
[US] Mannoroth Alliance

<Brotherhood of Nine>
bo9.guildlaunch.com
ShyneeThings

Postby Eneru » Mon May 26, 2008 4:08 am

We collect the spawns under the next sentinel and locks use a mixture of seeds/SB on the big one so they all die at the same time.

Rinse and repeat and hope nobody dies :D

EDIT: Grounding totem CD>Void Blast CD
Eneru

Postby Sechs » Wed May 28, 2008 5:55 am

A tip for prot pallys only tanking the void spawns.
Use the sporregar shield + felsteel spikes --> http://www.wowdb.com/item.aspx?id=25828 That and fully buffed with retro aura, thorns and BoSac almost kills the first pack of void spawns before the 3rd ones spawn.
This is not only funny to see it gives warlocks more time to dps sentinels and Muru to.
Also don't forget to use Figurine of the Colossus http://www.wowdb.com/item.aspx?id=27529 it heals for about 6-8k when am tanking 3 packs of void spawns.
Sechs

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau