Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Elsie » Tue May 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Imo, the best is Pally, Warrior, and 2 Ferals. Thats what we use and its working well so far. It would work perfectly if people would not mess up! haha

There is no best. There is more than one, more than two, ways of doing this fight. SK's method works superior with 2 warriors and 1 prot. Exodus's can work with that set up or 2 pally 1 war 1 feral. My guild's strategy uses 3 prot paladins and 1 warrior and hit phase 2.

edit: for what it's worth, M'uru got nerfed. Should be much easier in p1 now.
Elsie

Postby Cakes » Tue May 13, 2008 12:45 pm

Elsie wrote:edit: for what it's worth, M'uru got nerfed. Should be much easier in p1 now.

How so?
Cakes

Postby Neuron » Tue May 13, 2008 1:08 pm

We've changed the Negative Energy spells cast by M'uru and Entropius to no longer cause spell interruption on the target. This should ease the frustration of the encounter for those casting classes who can not obtain 100% resistance to spell interruption through talents and effects such as Concentration Aura.This change is live immediately on the US realms, and realms in other regions will receive this change with the deployment of the 2.4.2 patch.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Worldie » Tue May 13, 2008 1:38 pm

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5139&sid=1 <-

How much this affects the encounter overally?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Tue May 13, 2008 1:38 pm

Yeah, just read it. Should just mean an easier/shorter phase 1, no?

Edit: Suppose it's a phase 2 nerf as well. Hmm.
Cakes

Postby Ossuary » Tue May 13, 2008 3:31 pm

Honestly, this nerfs the majority of the fight as every caster will gain roughly 200~300 dps due to no more spell pushback as well as healers will no longer have any trouble healing.
This is a rather big nerf to the fight with a (5 casters x 200 dps) 1000 Rdps increase.
Ossuary

Postby Ascalon » Thu May 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Yo :) How much SR do you guys who are tanking Sentiels + Spawns using? I can't decide how much to use :?: I'm playing around with different setups to see what works best ... many things to consider like more SR means less aggro etc :(
Ascalon - Chimaera - Draenor EU
Ascalon

Postby Elsie » Thu May 15, 2008 3:01 pm

Smile How much SR do you guys who are tanking Sentiels + Spawns using? I can't decide how much to use Question I'm playing around with different setups to see what works best ... many things to consider like more SR means less aggro etc Sad

You would need full SR to prevent insta-gib.
8 little guys at 25% dmg from 1400 bolts, 10.5k melee hit in normal tank gear, 3k aoe pulse, 9k void blast. Assuming you negate the void blast, you'd still take 13303 burst dmg with full SR.
At ~50% reductions (200ish SR), you'd take 16103 burst.

At 365 SR you'd expect about 20,500 hp.
Elsie

Postby Veldefice » Thu May 15, 2008 4:48 pm

I just read through this thread briefly, but I wanted a direct answer :P

My guild is currently working on M'uru and the prot pally that we use runs around with about 225+ SR. Last night we tried attempts where he would tank the Sentinel and the spawns...

Now, he would spike pretty badly (especially in the beginning), so I wanted to know exactly how much SR he should expect to wear.

Stack BV, max SR...? Just wanted to get an idea.

Thanks.
Veldefice

Postby Elsie » Fri May 16, 2008 10:06 am

I just read through this thread briefly, but I wanted a direct answer

Err, I did the numbers on the post RIGHT above yours. He'd need SR, stam, and armor/avoidance with 2 dedicated healers and probably a line of hots.
Elsie

Postby Passionario » Sat May 17, 2008 10:49 am

Worldie wrote:How much this affects the encounter overally?

It means that you no longer need to stack classes that mostly ignore pushback (like holy paladins or destrolocks) over classes that are seriously affected by it (like shadow priests or hunters).

It also stops random unpreventable wipes caused by your priests getting double pushback and failing to MD the darkfiends.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Eender » Sat May 17, 2008 11:12 pm

Veldefice wrote:I just read through this thread briefly, but I wanted a direct answer :P

My guild is currently working on M'uru and the prot pally that we use runs around with about 225+ SR. Last night we tried attempts where he would tank the Sentinel and the spawns...

Now, he would spike pretty badly (especially in the beginning), so I wanted to know exactly how much SR he should expect to wear.

Stack BV, max SR...? Just wanted to get an idea.

Thanks.

It is my opinion that you wear 0 SR for this fight if you are tanking the spawns AND the sentinels. You don't spike from the AE volley and it is just a little extra damage compared to what you take from the sent. This also gives you much better stam/avoidance/armor/+damage while tanking the sents.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Eneru » Mon May 19, 2008 6:39 am

I tried tanking the sentinels and de void spawns yesterday and I was totaly wiped from the spot. Those guys hit like a truck and my healers simply couldn't keep me up.

We will try using a prot warrior to hold the sentinel and I'll pop consecration upon the mob's death.

It looks like a pretty boring job in such an awesome encounter though :roll:
Eneru

Postby Eeva » Mon May 19, 2008 11:52 am

Eneru wrote:I tried tanking the sentinels and de void spawns yesterday and I was totaly wiped from the spot. Those guys hit like a truck and my healers simply couldn't keep me up.

We will try using a prot warrior to hold the sentinel and I'll pop consecration upon the mob's death.

Ya, I dont see how its possible to do both.

I don't find the Spawn collection job very boring. It is kinda fun, imo. I use a Consecrate macro with "/target Void Sent" at the start of it so I always have it targetted and don't drop it after the Sent is at 75% so the CD is not up.
Eeva

Postby Eneru » Mon May 19, 2008 12:00 pm

Eeva wrote:
Eneru wrote:I tried tanking the sentinels and de void spawns yesterday and I was totaly wiped from the spot. Those guys hit like a truck and my healers simply couldn't keep me up.

Ya, I dont see how its possible to do both.

I don't find the Spawn collection job very boring. It is kinda fun, imo. I use a Consecrate macro with "/target Void Sent" at the start of it so I always have it targetted and don't drop it after the Sent is at 75% so the CD is not up.

SK used a paladin to tank the sentinels+ void spawns. I tried to do the same, but couldnt survive melehit+shadow hit+melehit
Last edited by Eneru on Mon May 19, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eneru

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau