Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ryu » Sat May 10, 2008 5:07 am

Ossuary wrote:I asked to tank the sentinels as well, however Kaywarrior is pretty classist versus paladins and only sees our worth in AoE tanking.

That's where I draw the line, if I'm only good enough for Felmyst phase 2, or on other fights if other tanks can't make it, it's time to retire this paladin and have some casual fun till WotlK hits.
Ryu

Postby Requital » Sat May 10, 2008 5:35 am

Elsie wrote:The fight's fine for ret paladin. You lose a bit of utility in p1, true, but p2 requires a huge amount of burst dps and/or survivability which avenging wrath and Divine Shield are made for. You could probably put out great numbers in p1 depending on your strategy (SK/Exo or other). There's more than one way to do this fight.

I agree that we are capable in being in the fight as Ret but there is a larger portion of my guild that does not feel the same way and I am always the frist to go. I really like the fight it's very well tuned and does not allow for just working through it with dead people it really requires quality situational awareness.
Requital

Postby Ossuary » Sat May 10, 2008 9:14 am

FallMonkey wrote:Grats,Ossuary:)

What kind of gear would work best?

Sp?(To max your output to spawns)Mitigation?(To get avoidance)Or SR?(To minimize the Shadow dmg from spawns and sentinels)
Gonna tank it tonight, seems it's gonna be a hard week around.

Basically what i get healer wise (which makes healing me rather trivial) is a lifebloom + another hot when i pass 30%. Void spawns melee for nothing, the aoe deals at max 800(half dmg) and with AD and the commendation my healing is extremely light. I went with Cloak, neck and belt for SR. Rest was tank gear to push high HP for AD and less need to heal. P2 i went and hit shit with nightfall.
Ossuary

Postby Ossuary » Sat May 10, 2008 9:22 am

Ryu wrote:That's where I draw the line, if I'm only good enough for Felmyst phase 2, or on other fights if other tanks can't make it, it's time to retire this paladin and have some casual fun till WotlK hits.

Yes i understand, but i also have the view that once we down KJ we will be more casual with the instance, while we are pushing content Kaywarrior doesn't want to take chances at wipes due to a bad taunt. I'm also reviewing the worth of certain things in order to try and MAXTPS.com In the meantime, while it is technically old content i still push to tank it. Our dps proves to be the problem as it is just too rambo. In the end you do what you enjoy and i enjoy playing with this group. Also, I'll be damned if i cant tank Brutallus and twins, i get a little glee whenever something dual wields.

On a side note, anyone notice that Kiljaeden gets debuffed to take 25% more HOLY damage during his fight? mm yeah possiblities.
Ossuary

Postby FallMonkey » Sat May 10, 2008 10:27 am

Ossuary wrote:
Ryu wrote:That's where I draw the line, if I'm only good enough for Felmyst phase 2, or on other fights if other tanks can't make it, it's time to retire this paladin and have some casual fun till WotlK hits.

Yes i understand, but i also have the view that once we down KJ we will be more casual with the instance, while we are pushing content Kaywarrior doesn't want to take chances at wipes due to a bad taunt. I'm also reviewing the worth of certain things in order to try and MAXTPS.com In the meantime, while it is technically old content i still push to tank it. Our dps proves to be the problem as it is just too rambo. In the end you do what you enjoy and i enjoy playing with this group. Also, I'll be damned if i cant tank Brutallus and twins, i get a little glee whenever something dual wields.

On a side note, anyone notice that Kiljaeden gets debuffed to take 25% more HOLY damage during his fight? mm yeah possiblities.

Ya, pretty cool fight maybe
FallMonkey

Postby FallMonkey » Sat May 10, 2008 11:40 am

Oh man, cant survive the attack from sent+spawns......tried with 170SR set(25/18/26,22K HP without Shout/Imp)

Dunno what's going wrong here......
FallMonkey

Postby Elsie » Sat May 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Did you get grounding totem? Did you try max SR?
Elsie

Postby FallMonkey » Sat May 10, 2008 1:04 pm

Elsie wrote:Did you get grounding totem? Did you try max SR?

Woot, Grouding....i forgot that, but keeping grouding totem requires a unsafe distance for shammy.

Will Max SR work a lot?

Sent melee hit for 8K , which calls for high mitigation too. Therefore capped SR actually didnt work well.

Quitely wonder how Fenira from SK kept herself alive.......or her healers.
FallMonkey

Postby rozakk » Sat May 10, 2008 3:26 pm

i heard sk used 3 healers on that paladin, which seems about right to me. It may have been 2 dedicated and another watching. 1 healer is barely enough on the void sentinels with a warrior, and keep in mind a warrior typically can slow those things 35% by reflecting void blast. A paladin will absolutely take more damage than a warrior, and have less avoidance, probably even more so because he'll be wearing sr for the void spawn. And in addition to the considerably greater amt of damage he takes from a void sent than a warrior, he's also tanking all the void spawns to top it off.
I wish i could try this because tanking just the void spawns is rather boring to me, but I dont see any safe way to do it without having hunters to get the sents that pop on the far side to me safely.
rozakk

Postby Sechs » Tue May 13, 2008 5:13 am

I been assigned to tank sentinels and void spawns. :D
What am wondering is what you guys think is the optimal spec for it? standard maintankadin spec or something like this --> http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... 0000000000

Am also thinking of dropping one or two points in 1handed spec to put it in reckoning, figure as i be tanking alot of adds it should be up alot and give some more tps to the sentinels as thats where i will need it the most.
Sechs

Postby Eeva » Tue May 13, 2008 6:41 am

Have you been tanking everything or is that just the plan for you?

Cause, in theory tanking all that sounds good, but its a TON of damage. It is obviously possible, but I think you would need more total healing on a Pally tanking everything than a using a Warrior/Pally tanking combo like Exodus did. If you are on just the Spawns and gear correctly for it, you take very little damage. My heals are like 75% from druid HoTs.
Eeva

Postby Sechs » Tue May 13, 2008 6:57 am

Going there for the first time today so we see how it goes.
Pretty sceptic on usieng a warrior pally tanking combo as that means one extra tank, one extra healer sounds much more usefull as that player be doing something the whole fight not just phaze 1.
Sechs

Postby Chromax » Tue May 13, 2008 7:59 am

Katami,

I noticed your comment regarding Omen:

"I don't know if it Omen or what but our threat suffers greatly in end game compared to warriors and druids and that certainly doesn't help on unforgiving DPS fights like those in SWP."

We use KTM because Omen doesnt pickup pally threat properly (IMO). You might try the switch, I think your threat numbers are understated using Omen.
Chromax

Postby Elsie » Tue May 13, 2008 8:08 am

What am wondering is what you guys think is the optimal spec for it? standard maintankadin spec or something like this -->

It isn't bad but the sentinels are very threat sensitive. You need to do a massive bit to them since they're DPS'd hard and quick. I'd suggest improved judgement and avenger's shield for quicker threat.

Pretty sceptic on usieng a warrior pally tanking combo as that means one extra tank, one extra healer sounds much more usefull as that player be doing something the whole fight not just phaze 1.

Some combination of 4 tanks / 6 healers works fine for this fight. You do, however, need 15 DPS in optimal group settings. Warriors require 1 healer for void sentinels and paladins requires 2-3. In p2 you can just switch to a healing mace/shield and keep a judgement up.
Elsie

Postby Eeva » Tue May 13, 2008 11:04 am

Some combination of 4 tanks / 6 healers works fine for this fight. You do, however, need 15 DPS in optimal group settings. Warriors require 1 healer for void sentinels and paladins requires 2-3. In p2 you can just switch to a healing mace/shield and keep a judgement up.

Imo, the best is Pally, Warrior, and 2 Ferals. Thats what we use and its working well so far. It would work perfectly if people would not mess up! haha
Eeva

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau