Remove Advertisements

[Tactics] Gearing for Plateau bosses

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

[Tactics] Gearing for Plateau bosses

Postby Neganur » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:15 am

Hey, the idea is to make a guideline to gearing for those bosses to have something to compare yourself to.

Please post any replies with avoidance stats, special gear, overall gear and a short note why you went like this.

Kalecgos:

Miss: ~11%
Dodge: ~30%
Parry: ~20%
BV: ~500
HP: 21k
Armor: ~20k

Brutallus:

Miss:
Dodge:
Parry:
BV:
HP:

Felmyst:

Miss:
Dodge:
Parry:
BV:
HP:
Last edited by Neganur on Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neganur

Postby Neganur » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:27 am

Kalecgos:

I wear t6 gauntlets and chest, akama legs for parry, illidan helmet with block meta, CoT ring, Morogrim ring, Maiden neck, Naj boots, akama bracers, Supremus shoulders for their avoidance, Pepe's cloak, illidan shield, Hammer of judgement with Mongoose, Shadowmoon insignia for it's 'last stand' and avoidance, Commendation of Kael'Thas.

My T6 ain't exactly gemmed for max stam is why I use akama legs and illidan helmet. Still I feel like the effort I put in getting some additional avoidance hurts my hp pool a lot.

I enchanted my chest & cloak with defense after the first 3 raids in there.

Besides chain chugging stoneshields, I'm popping seeds before I taunt the demon.

unbuffed stats (paperdoll):
Miss: 7.3%
Dodge: 27.6%
Parry 20.4%
BV: 500 (+Libram)
HP: 17k
Neganur

Postby Dreadin » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:30 am

For Kalecgos:

Buffed:
Miss: 10.68%
Dodge: 35.42%
Parry 19.26%
BV: 608 (with Libram)
HP: 20010

With the debuff in place, it's just easier in my opinion to stack as much dodge as possible for this encounter. I dont flask, I use major agility elixirs, major armor elixirs, agility food, and runes of warding. Pop Ironshields as often as possible as well.

Havent gotten to try Brutallus yet, few people prefer warriors for that.
Dreadin

Postby Oramac » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:05 am

i just gear for maximum effective health. fuck all the other stuff. we've only killed kalec, but my gear on him is as follows:

T6: helm, shoulders, gloves, chest. all with 15 sta gems and proper enchants (2% threat on gloves)

Praetorians legs. 3x 15 sta gems, 40 sta / 12 agi kit

Barbed Choker of Discipline (fuck you reliquary!)

Slikk's Cloak. 12 dodge

Eternium Shell Bracers. 12 sta

Girdle of mighty resolve. 2x 15 sta

Tide stompers. 2x 15 sta

band of the abyssal lord / ring of sundered souls(12 SD)

Moroes Watch / DMC:V

Hammer of Judgment / Kaz's Hard Heart / Tome of the Lightbringer.

using all that i get to (according to TP's EH calc) just over 60K EH raid buffed. still have about 510 SD or so in that gear too.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Amran20 » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:19 am

Kalec:

Miss: 11%ish
Dodge: 27.95%
Parry: 19.56%
BV: maybe around 550 with the libram
HP: 22500 buffed.

I went the HP route to maximise the effect of the Evasive Manuevers buff from the Commendation, and because I knew I'd be spending a lot of time in the Ardent Range. Worked out perfectly.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby icydevarosp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:19 pm

Killed him the first week he was live, current stats are...
23347 HP
11.16 Miss
28.74 dodge
16.16 parry
366 block value
491 spellpower
I go second so threat isnt much of an issue, and i can bubble if rotation gets messed up...
I usually save it for the demon tho, I taunt soon as I go in, if i get knockdown just bubble it off it goes back to kalec, and then I taunt it back... Seems really effective
icydevarosp

Postby knaughty » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:45 pm

So, here's what I tried to tank him with. I was first in, demon side.

WoWdigger paper doll.

Health 16527. Goes to around 20k with Fort flask, raid buffs and stam food.
Armor 17405 Didn't have Ironshields, my pot master never logged on, and my mats were in his mailbox.
Defense 526 (12% miss, goes to 7%)
Dodge 25% - drops to 5%
Parry 21%
Block 14%, and only about 350 BV, goes to perhaps 600 when Libram is procced.

432 spelldamage, only wizard oil boosting it, where I'd normally be using blinding light and spelldamage food, or even my 2.4 badge legs with runic spellthread.

Result: Epic Fail

I think I lived through a demon side phase once, picked up the dragon, then died to dragon inside 10 seconds. Usual result was zone to demon side, wait 5+ seconds for healers to get in (meanwhile judge crusader), warn that I'm about to taunt, pop wings, taunt, max-threat cycle, probably lose aggro anyway, taunt again, eventually hold aggro, then die.

Pretty much took two healers full time to keep me up, at which point the healers themselves are dying to splash damage and curse. 4-piece T-6 Holy Paladin spamming FoL could not keep me up even with a HoT or two ticking as well.

I manage to combine lack of threat to reliably hold the demon against Kalec's human form with "too squishy to live" if I do manage to hold aggro the demon for more than 5-10 seconds.

Short version is that way too much of my gear is T-5 quality: Hat, shoulders, chest, belt and boots are all iLevel 127-133. And too much of my gear is low on spell-damage. Here's hoping BT is kind, Conquerer drops have been so crap I haven't seen a piece of T-6 in almost two months, still only have gloves.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Gerilith » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:13 pm

Knaughty wrote:
Health 16527. Goes to around 20k with Fort flask, raid buffs and stam food.
Armor 17405 Didn't have Ironshields, my pot master never logged on, and my mats were in his mailbox.
Defense 526 (12% miss, goes to 7%)
Dodge 25% - drops to 5%
Parry 21%
Block 14%, and only about 350 BV, goes to perhaps 600 when Libram is procced.

432 spelldamage, only wizard oil boosting it, where I'd normally be using blinding light and spelldamage food, or even my 2.4 badge legs with runic spellthread.

Result: Epic Fail

22.8k HP, 20k armor + ironshields here. That's about the safe side of life.

Pretty much took two healers full time to keep me up, at which point the healers themselves are dying to splash damage and curse. 4-piece T-6 Holy Paladin spamming FoL could not keep me up even with a HoT or two ticking as well.

Epic fail. FoL is about the worst heal out there for healing in Sunwell. Casting FoL is saving mana, not healing.

Short version is that way too much of my gear is T-5 quality: Hat, shoulders, chest, belt and boots are all iLevel 127-133. And too much of my gear is low on spell-damage. Here's hoping BT is kind, Conquerer drops have been so crap I haven't seen a piece of T-6 in almost two months, still only have gloves.

I do not use more than 550 SD buffed because I like to survive. Your gear means not having enough armor and health.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Neganur » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:24 am

Aye what Gerilith wrote sums it up pretty well.

You want to get as close as possible to 20k armor (unbuffed, with dev aura) and use ironshileds. Use nightmare seeds too before you taunt the demon, his corrupting strike hits quite hard (~9k) and stuns you, coupled with a melee hit and a possible shadow bolt volley of 4.5k you'll see 20k hp fly away in a matter of an eyeblink.

I've been doing ok with as low as 400 spelldamage in some weirdo gear setup while I was still trying to figure out what's best for me on that fight.
Threat on the dragon is not critical from the point every group has been inside the realm.

Flask fortitude and use stam food, agi scrolls help on the avoidance part.
Neganur

Postby Amran20 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:01 pm

The most important part of the fight is tank communication. Let your healers know when you're going to taunt. This will let them pre-game some heals on you. If you taunt without letting people know, and you take a Corr Strike, you're looking at 9K + extra damage, and maybe a minimum of 2-3 seconds before a heal. This is where the difference comes between life and death.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby ricmrune » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:01 pm

Miss: 6.56%
Dodge: 26.26%
Parry: 18.38%
BV: 262
HP: 17677
Armor: 18544

These are my stats unbuffed with my current set in SWP. I can swap for more EH with Pepes, S3 BP and DMC:V. Still missing T6 BP, Naj Boots and SMV trinket.

Tanking wise I didn't have probs with Kalec. I would only die if I taunted the demon when the healers aren't ready yet. Kalec is more on coordination as opposed to gear. We've tried multiple setups from 5 tank to 2 tank and got a kill on 2.

One of the wars is gonna go for more avoidance for Brut. I might play around with that as well.
ricmrune

Return to Sunwell Plateau