Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby onacouch » Fri May 02, 2008 5:28 am

Lore wrote:If you don't have 2 tanks in your guild capable of tanking Sacrolash, you don't need to worry about it, because you're still wiping on Brutallus.

If we're wiping on Brutallus then what should we worry about? :?: :?:
onacouch

Postby Neuron » Fri May 02, 2008 6:47 am

This fight does not reward or forgive poor play.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby fiorina » Sun May 04, 2008 1:53 am

Prot paladin PoV, Sacrolash killed as second. 10 healers. Crushing immune gear.
Related WWS: http://wowwebstats.com/5f2yylgcnl66m?s=15541-15890

http://files.filefront.com/bd+vs+eredar ... einfo.html (149MB)

Tips for free ©Athene
- With this strategy you can shift fight difficulty from mentally challenged members to more reliable single-points of failure. Only tanks and their healers are affected by shadow ninjas in phase1. They run to raid sometimes but they die very soon. We believe that only players in Sacrolash LoS are affected by shadow ninjas thus the positioning.

- While learning the fight, we took 11 healers. For mastering phase 1, we burned Bloodlusts ASAP. Once phase 1 was controlled, we saved BL to phase 2. We also reduced number of healers to 10 as it's more forgiving if some DPS will die. It's doable with 9. It's doable with 8 but you must play like korean street fighter II champions :)

- I am not going full TPS in phase1, to allow warrior to catch up with threat so Sacrolash will stay on him when I need to run away to remove shadow debuffs. You can run there with boss indeed, but shadow ninjas could spawn and rape your raid, so it should be used with caution.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Katamai » Tue May 06, 2008 6:49 am

Well they're hopefully going down tonight but i was wondering how many of you are using SWP crushing immunity set VS "standard" crush immunity?

Last night i got 2 crushings out of 30-35 tries and highest one was 4.6K according to my combat log (WWS upload is screwed up atm so our RL can't post it yet).
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Elexis » Tue May 06, 2008 8:23 am

Shadow ninjas despawn when not in LOS of sacrolash. If we had knew that we woulda have killed them first day.
Elexis

Postby Deimosfobos » Tue May 06, 2008 11:55 am

fiorina wrote:Prot paladin PoV, Sacrolash killed as second. 10 healers. Crushing immune gear.
Related WWS: http://wowwebstats.com/5f2yylgcnl66m?s=15541-15890

http://files.filefront.com/bd+vs+eredar ... einfo.html (149MB)

Tips for free ©Athene
- With this strategy you can shift fight difficulty from mentally challenged members to more reliable single-points of failure. Only tanks and their healers are affected by shadow ninjas in phase1. They run to raid sometimes but they die very soon. We believe that only players in Sacrolash LoS are affected by shadow ninjas thus the positioning.

- While learning the fight, we took 11 healers. For mastering phase 1, we burned Bloodlusts ASAP. Once phase 1 was controlled, we saved BL to phase 2. We also reduced number of healers to 10 as it's more forgiving if some DPS will die. It's doable with 9. It's doable with 8 but you must play like korean street fighter II champions :)

- I am not going full TPS in phase1, to allow warrior to catch up with threat so Sacrolash will stay on him when I need to run away to remove shadow debuffs. You can run there with boss indeed, but shadow ninjas could spawn and rape your raid, so it should be used with caution.

Ty for the video :)

Btw, I love your addons, can you make a list of what you are using? Wanna try a few.
Deimosfobos

Postby Neuron » Tue May 06, 2008 12:34 pm

Elexis wrote:Shadow ninjas despawn when not in LOS of sacrolash. If we had knew that we woulda have killed them first day.

Could you be a little more specific about where you learned of this?
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Sechs » Thu May 15, 2008 3:17 pm

They don't despawn when los.
The shadow ninjas have a 10 sec timer or something like that so if you stand far enough away they will despawn before they reach you. Aka --> you stand on balcony while boss stand down staires.
Sechs

Postby Ryu » Thu May 15, 2008 3:42 pm

Jup, should look up the post on EJ about the twins, indeed the little adds won't stun the raid at all when sacrolash is tanked at a specific spot downstairs and the raid hugs on of the pillars on top.
Ryu

Postby Rorshach » Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 am

Alright, I've read this whole thread. I watched some videos. I've read EJ forums.

Our guild just downed Felmyst last night after 3 nights of solid attempts. We are looking at learning Twins in reverse order from the start.

I am equally geared with our warrior tank and better geared than our druid tank. I am not missing any gear except non-tier 6 SWP loot and the boots. I could reach SWP uncrushable if necessary and most likely still have nearly 23k health completely buffed (with shout) but it looks like close to uncrushable and EH is the way to go yes? With Scorpid and GoA totem I could prolly be uncrushable and 23k+ but I have to test it out still.

What arguments can I bring to the RL that may help sway the argument towards me being one of the MTs on this fight?
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Lucit » Fri May 30, 2008 11:56 am

Rorshach wrote:Alright, I've read this whole thread. I watched some videos. I've read EJ forums.

Our guild just downed Felmyst last night after 3 nights of solid attempts. We are looking at learning Twins in reverse order from the start.

I am equally geared with our warrior tank and better geared than our druid tank. I am not missing any gear except non-tier 6 SWP loot and the boots. I could reach SWP uncrushable if necessary and most likely still have nearly 23k health completely buffed (with shout) but it looks like close to uncrushable and EH is the way to go yes? With Scorpid and GoA totem I could prolly be uncrushable and 23k+ but I have to test it out still.

What arguments can I bring to the RL that may help sway the argument towards me being one of the MTs on this fight?

Let's see...

- You *will* take fewer crushes than a warrior tank.
- Bubble to escape the confound+conflag lolwipe (it's rare, but ugh).
- Very good threat; she dual wields, and threat is a huge issue when killing Sacrolash first.
- Very good OT threat; AW is amazing when timed correctly, and you'll have *plenty* of mana on that fight.
Lucit

Postby Elsie » Fri May 30, 2008 12:28 pm

I always used 3 tanks on the fight, so... use all 3 Lucit? Druids have the crush problem pretty big on this fight.
Elsie

Postby Lucit » Fri May 30, 2008 12:32 pm

Elsie wrote:I always used 3 tanks on the fight, so... use all 3 Lucit? Druids have the crush problem pretty big on this fight.

I'm not sure what a third tank would really accomplish, other than reducing the amount of time each tank is directly tanking, thus lowering the threat ceiling.

edit: Although you're right about druids, our druid got gibbed at ~8% and a DPS warrior ended up shield walling the last couple percent after I got confounded. Pretty awesome. ;P
Lucit

Postby Rorshach » Fri May 30, 2008 1:01 pm

So obviously the tankadin starts out as first tank for the initial threat burst, yeah?

Is she a demon btw? Wowhead wasn't specific but I assume she's a target for exorcism, etc.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Splug » Fri May 30, 2008 1:13 pm

Yeah, they're demons.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau