Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Neuron » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:34 pm

What i was inferring by stating that the offtank is threatcapped by the maintank is largely based on the idea that you want her to be attacking your most geared or skilled or non-retarded or decided-beforehand tank most of the time. Sure the offtank can become the primary target and the maintank become the offtank. It probably does not even matter to much.

Healers however need to be aware of it (although aggro is switching periodically anyways due to conflag/confound). Its not always easy for the MT healers to switch to the target based on threat transition at a random point in time versus one of the expected aggro switches from conflag or counfound (and conflag has a 3.5 second warning anyways).
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Lore » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:37 pm

If you don't have 2 tanks in your guild capable of tanking Sacrolash, you don't need to worry about it, because you're still wiping on Brutallus.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Croiky » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:06 pm

Asked our MT to TRY a couple attempts with mt mting and a druid OT, explained to him all the mechanics on how a pally would take less damage

All i got was

"Theres alot of spell damage going around you would take alot more"
proven wrong
"You don't have as much effective health"
-_-
"There is no way a paladin is a more effective tank for this boss"
-_-
and finally "I have never taken a single crushing on this boss" (warrior)

After proving all that wrong

"I've been the MT for this guild for years without fail, thats not changing anytime soon"

ffs.

What else can i do ? :|
Croiky

Postby Morganim » Thu May 01, 2008 12:02 am

Croiky wrote:Asked our MT to TRY a couple attempts with mt mting and a druid OT, explained to him all the mechanics on how a pally would take less damage

All i got was

"Theres alot of spell damage going around you would take alot more"
proven wrong
"You don't have as much effective health"
-_-
"There is no way a paladin is a more effective tank for this boss"
-_-
and finally "I have never taken a single crushing on this boss" (warrior)

After proving all that wrong

"I've been the MT for this guild for years without fail, thats not changing anytime soon"

ffs.

Find a new guild

as that guy sounds like a complete wanker and cares more about his epeen and tanking new bosses than getting the fight done for the other 24 people
Morganim

Reverse Order

Postby Agarious » Thu May 01, 2008 2:02 am

Nailed a Kill in the Reverese Order tonight. Got War Shoulders from the deal. I'll post video within minutes.
Agarious

Re: Reverse Order

Postby Agarious » Thu May 01, 2008 2:09 am

Agarious wrote:Nailed a Kill in the Reverese Order tonight. Got War Shoulders from the deal. I'll post video within minutes.

Disregard my last, Video Editor fell asleep. However it will be up shortly.
Agarious

Postby knaughty » Thu May 01, 2008 2:27 am

Croiky wrote:Asked our MT to TRY a couple attempts with mt mting and a druid OT, explained to him all the mechanics on how a pally would take less damage

All i got was

<my dick is bigger because I'm a warrior>

ffs.

G-quit.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Re: Reverse Order

Postby Worldie » Thu May 01, 2008 5:21 am

Agarious wrote:Nailed a Kill in the Reverese Order tonight. Got War Shoulders from the deal. I'll post video within minutes.

What's the difference in killing em in reverse order, more loots?

p.s. gquit.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Bobu » Thu May 01, 2008 6:43 am

reverse order kill of the twins gives you different loot
I never really feel quite right
I don't know why, all I know is there's something wrong
Every time I look at you, you seem so alive

Tell me how do you do it, walk me through it
I'm following every
~Mr Big
Bobu

Postby Kikiel » Thu May 01, 2008 9:08 am

Bobu wrote:reverse order kill of the twins gives you different loot

Is it different loot or more loot?
Kikiel

Postby Splug » Thu May 01, 2008 9:13 am

According to wowwiki, it's one additional non-set drop and 4 sunmotes. The additional drop is from the same loot table.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Agarious » Thu May 01, 2008 9:54 am

We ended up getting 5 gear items and 4 extra sunmotes from the deal. Only one death through the fight, and you'll notice it's actually really really easier to kill them in the "reverse" order.

http://files.filefront.com/TwinsReverse ... einfo.html

edit, appologies on late vid
Agarious

Postby Cakes » Thu May 01, 2008 11:23 am

Yeah, I plan on learning it in the "reverse" order for several reasons:

1) It seems that 3 minutes of very difficult healing would be better than 6 minutes of difficult healing, since phase 2 is trivialized in the "reverse" order.

2) My guild has the habit, as I'm sure others do, of sticking to a strat once it's been proven to work. I don't think the rest of my raiders will be as enthused as I am to go wipe on a completely different strat after we've killed them once.

So now I just have to convince my healers.

Thanks for the vid Agarious.
Cakes

Postby Agarious » Thu May 01, 2008 11:32 am

No worries, I hope it helps. I should add the vid is from a warlock PoV, however you can clearly see where we positioned as Sacrolash tanks, and where the bulk of the raid will be. The only person that dips out of hte camera angle much is the warlock we used as the Alys tank, but you'll see that he is just behind myself and the war tank dropping the patches so we can wipe stacks easily.
Agarious

Postby rozakk » Thu May 01, 2008 1:16 pm

Cakes wrote:Yeah, I plan on learning it in the "reverse" order for several reasons:

1) It seems that 3 minutes of very difficult healing would be better than 6 minutes of difficult healing, since phase 2 is trivialized in the "reverse" order.

2) My guild has the habit, as I'm sure others do, of sticking to a strat once it's been proven to work. I don't think the rest of my raiders will be as enthused as I am to go wipe on a completely different strat after we've killed them once.

first times we killed them the 'normal' order and wiped for many hours/nights on both kills. We finally decided to try the reverse order and got it in like 3 attempts, and an extra loot. definitely the way to go for this fight.
rozakk

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau