Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fiorina » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Worldie wrote:Wouldnt Illidan helm be better than t6 for that purpose?

:evil:

8 months...

and don't even think asking about insignia, such people mysteriously disappear very soon
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Mithos » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:00 pm

The only tanking helm I have and have ever had the oppurtunity to get is goggles. Nothing from the few ZA runs I have done, no archi helm when I'm there, no faceplate :p.

I was blessed with the guild first SM insignia tho >_>.

Also using Libram of Repentance :p.
Mithos

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:45 pm

fiorina wrote:
Worldie wrote:Wouldnt Illidan helm be better than t6 for that purpose?

:evil:

8 months...

and don't even think asking about insignia, such people mysteriously disappear very soon

We share the insigna problem, and my co-MT war is cursing me since the helm dropped when he was not in raid.

However i'm cursed on conquerors, 2 conq from illidan in 5 months, and exactly the only raid i've not been there. Sigh karma.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Croiky » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:30 pm

I find easiest way to get some extra uncrushabilitiy is to use

Dabiri's Enigma + Shadowmoon Insignia but that does create obvious health issues.

Brutallus belt + Felmyst shield + kalecgos legs would set me way over 127.4% without hurting stam as much, and yes the badge gear, as sad as that makes me, gets u closest to 127.4% without hurting your stam too much. Armor takes a dive however.
Croiky

Postby Elsie » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:50 pm

I tanked him without 127.4% fine. I was around 123-124%.

He died today. Woooo.

Many will say to use the pvp trinket but I didn't find it useful. Then again, we used 3 tanks. If you use 2 tanks the trinket is probably a lot safer.
Elsie

Postby Lore » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm getting "Lady Sacrolash is immune" when I try to taunt her.

Something weird going on I don't know about?

EDIT: Apparently they're immune to taunt and we were just given some bad information.

Nothing to see here!
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lucit » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:41 pm

Elsie wrote:I tanked him without 127.4% fine. I was around 123-124%.

If scorpid is up, that's sufficient.
Lucit

Postby Aetherial » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:31 am

What's the real deal on Conflag?

I've read that it gets the 3rd on Sacrolash's threat table, but yet we're having tanks get it (especially early on) despite the two tanks being 1 and 2 on Omen respectively.
Aetherial

Postby Lore » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:41 am

It appears to be something random in the like top 8 or so on her threat table.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:22 am

I get conflag maybe 50% of the time as third on sacrolash's threat table. Other than that it seems to often be a healer. My guess is it's random with preference (ie, higher % chance) to certain threat positions.

Really, a small crushability chance is no worse than a warrior on this. He is crush immune for 2 hits out of 4-6. We're 5% for all that. -25% avoidance and dual wield really close the gap. Also you'll nevere get scorpid for phase 1. Sacrolash is tanked way too far away.

The biggest problem on sacrolash is 'losing' aggro. Once you get aggro, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to lose due to holy shield generating massive threat and warriors bottoming out of rage.
Elsie

Postby fiorina » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Elsie wrote:Really, a small crushability chance is no worse than a warrior on this. He is crush immune for 2 hits out of 4-6. We're 5% for all that. -25% avoidance and dual wield really close the gap.

There are two aspects.
First, we take less physical damage than warriors. No crap. Reason for this is that we have ~70% of partial blocks while warriors are sitting around ~45%.
As boss hits for 3-7k and we block 400 w/o libram and close to 600 w/ libram, incoming physical damage to paladin will be always lower. If you add that we don't have to wear insignia, you are going to get really nice numbers there.

Regarding crushing blows, that's bit tricky. Good warriors will be crushed between 1 to 5 times during kill attempt(4% of all hits). You might be crushed 2+ times in lag spikes between shield renewal even when crush immune.
If you are going to add additional 3-5%(which is around 5 extra crushing blows) to that value, you'd better get really good reason for doing so, like 1,5k extra HP and 3% of avoidance.
If this is not the case I would recommend going uncrushable via block rating, it's really easy to get. Because 10k crushing blow, followed by 8k confounding blow, followed by offhand hit is a killer. It won't happen very often, not at all, but it could happen on your kill attempt. Why risk it.

Elsie wrote:Also you'll nevere get scorpid for phase 1. Sacrolash is tanked way too far away.

That depends on your positioning. There is so many ways how to spread the raid.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:18 pm

So fiori you are actually stating that we are advantaged vs warriors on Twins?

That's a world first.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:23 pm

Worldie wrote:So fiori you are actually stating that we are advantaged vs warriors on Twins?

That's a world first.

I am saying we are receiving less physical damage + we have extra trinket slot available :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:25 pm

So you are saying we got a advantage :P

Altho i must say, it looks like we have also a very good istance for us there... i mean, we are basically a must have for Felmyst, we got some nice advantage in Twins, noone knows much about M'uru yet but from the few infos available from PTR, there was a zerg of adds so...

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:32 pm

Worldie wrote:So you are saying we got a advantage :P

In that area yes. There are some drawbacks as well indeed. I would say warrior + paladin is the best combo from all others.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau