Remove Advertisements

Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Elexis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:42 am

Ended up tanking her last night and it went surprisingly smooth. I got the luxury of having pretty much every single tanking piece pre sunwell + felmyst shield so getting uncrushable was fairly easy. I did lose something like 8 % avoidance, 200 armor and 100 spell damage but could maintain 17.5k unbuffed hp.

Biggest hits I took was in the mid 6k range while our warrior ate a few 11k+ crushes. Got a feeling that there might have been some slack on the ironshielding on our warrior's part.

Finally, bubble owns here. Soo many times we had tries ruined because tanks got into "oh crap situations" where bubble easy would have saved the day.
Elexis

Postby Morganim » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:01 am

got a link to the gear you where wearing ?
Morganim

Postby Elexis » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:47 pm

Loging off in it. I'm playing EU-Kazzak in the guild Vortex. Should be easy to find in armory.

Tanked sacrolash whole day today. Even got "promoted" to starting tank since I tended to aggro the shadow images alot when tanking which is sorta a pain for the tank in question but relief for the raid. :P

The images proved to be really annoying with their stuns and I ate my first 11k+ crush during one of those.

As for the melee hits my first impression was slightly off. I took several main hand hits above 7k today and a few 11k crushings due to stuns / latency / personal suckage.
Elexis

Postby Agarious » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:35 pm

I've been in the breech tanking the attempts for the last couple weeks since we got to these ladies. Initially I geared for the 127% and change for crush immune. Was able to do so, however at the price of effective health, which turned out to be not very effective for our strat. Ended up being a short lived idea.

Ultimatly went with as much avoidance as reasonably possible but still carry a heavy amount of stam/armour. We are using our pvp trinkets as well to crack out of the Conflag(sacking another slot), should the other tank take a confounding during that time. From my experience the worst time period to really be concerned about crushing is right after a confounding blow, especially if after the disorientation completes you have your back to Sacrolas.

Myself and the warrior(Negiva) have taken crushes otherwise yes, but have come to the conclusion that for the time being till we're a little more "geared", it's going to be unavoidable. Last night we were able to get the second to 18%, a combination of too many people having two left feet kinda screwed the attempt. Had some good solid attempts all in all, they should die tomorrow,saturday 04/19/08.

Now take that for what it's worth, that's my experience. Might give some ideas or hopefully some insight.
Agarious

Postby fiorina » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:14 pm

finally down even for me...

WWS: http://wowwebstats.com/xuyrkqx2zkro3?s=13389-13760 (I had 126% combined avoidance)

Remarks:
- no problems with threat or mana starvation for me
- the more you are closer to 127% avoidance mark and still maintaining 23+k HP, there are less and less 11k crushing blows or silly one shots due to 25k spikes

Very fun and variable fight. There is so many ways how to kill them, you can pick one tactic and tailor to your guild needs.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Novara » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:11 am

Fiorina, what gear did you wear that isn't in your armory for 126%? (I'm assuming badge libram?)

I think I'm only at around 120% and we are starting these guys tomorrow night.
Novara

Postby fiorina » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:52 am

Novara wrote:Fiorina, what gear did you wear that isn't in your armory for 126%? (I'm assuming badge libram?)

I think I'm only at around 120% and we are starting these guys tomorrow night.

badge libram, unbreakable will(+40 spell dmg)- swapping with Tempest of Chaos while offtanking, Alar cloak. See enchant on shield. Zul'Aman ring and badge legs are great, but I don't have those :<
Agility totem, agility scroll, BoK etc. Don't sacrifice too much EH and AC.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Mithos » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:11 pm

Jesus how am I going to get 127.4% avoidance/block... :S, I got 28.5% dodge, 18.8% parry and 17.7% block, 539 defense (11.96% miss) unbuffed in my normal gear, which with the badge libram is a total of 112.29%, I will really struggle to get that up I think.
Mithos

Postby Elexis » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:18 am

We ended up downing them the "other" way killing sacrolash first. This makes ph1 a bit more healing intensive and threat sensitive since dps gotta stay below an OT. On the other hand phase 2 is a complete joke with this killing order and if you manage to get to it with dpsers alive its a sure kill.
Elexis

Postby Croiky » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:49 pm

Mithos wrote:Jesus how am I going to get 127.4% avoidance/block... :S, I got 28.5% dodge, 18.8% parry and 17.7% block, 539 defense (11.96% miss) unbuffed in my normal gear, which with the badge libram is a total of 112.29%, I will really struggle to get that up I think.

Try using Agil Elixir / Stam elixir instead of fort flask -
Felmyst shield helps alot
Get a sham in your group
and use 2x avoid trinkets : My main problem is trying to keep my HP up while I do all this atm, im dropping down to 15.5-16k unbuffed
its hard to find a good balance tbh

Fliorina - Currently were having problems with what we dubbed the "midgits" attacking tanks while tanks are stunned among many others : What do you guys do? Can you get a video of your attempts online for me please?
Croiky

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:31 am

Mithos wrote:Jesus how am I going to get 127.4% avoidance/block... :S, I got 28.5% dodge, 18.8% parry and 17.7% block, 539 defense (11.96% miss) unbuffed in my normal gear, which with the badge libram is a total of 112.29%, I will really struggle to get that up I think.

I'd say you can abuse of few block rating pieces to get to it. 2.3 badge legs for example, or heh, figurine of the colossus... T5 helm is also a big bunch of avoidance if you don't have Illidan's helm.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:43 am

There are basically two ways how to reach that uncrushable value.

Block rating abuse (quite easy to get)
- badge legs
- ZA 3rd chest ring
- bloodboil belt
- akama bracers
- Felmyst shield :-)

Dodge abuse (harder to get)
- you need top gear + heavy consumables and buffs
- you still need some block rating items

See example of dodge based 127.8% combined avoidance gear.

Regarding midgets.
There is no gimmick for small ninjas attacking tanks as far as I am aware. You just heal through and pray. Most of the time they run to screw healers instead. It seems it's somehow LoS based. As closer I am to the edge of ramp, the more little bastards are running to the raid in the center. The more I move to the wall, they are usually screwing just tanks and healers.

Regarding video, well... I will try. Problem is that I am playing from notebook and our kills are not exactly one-shots. I would need some NASA HDD for raw frapsed files :)
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Mithos » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Thank you for the replies :)

BB Belt, I don't think I will ever see that item in my life, I am hoping for T6 belt before that...

The only tanking helm I have is tankatronic goggles, no Illidan helms in guild yet. We don't have Felmyst down, just wanted to be prepared for it, we have quite the lack of tanks - Me, 1 warr, 2 ferals (1 isn't really geared enough) - so I basically have to be ready for it to keep progression going.

2nd avoidance trinket and a few small changes will give me about 115% (might have to get fig of the collossus again..) and shammy is 3.08% dodge, need some more specific gear then I guess :).
Mithos

Postby Cylan » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:15 am

Is it time to bust out Libram of Repentance again?
Cylan

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:48 pm

Your stats look pretty much like mine in the "sunwell" set, just some more dodge and HP since we're still on 1st boss ><

Wouldnt Illidan helm be better than t6 for that purpose?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau