Remove Advertisements

Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Markoh » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:00 am

I would say use the pvp trinket to be safe, if you have to give up a little un-crushability it is worth it. You are much more likely to get a conflag during the tank switches than you are to get a confound/back to back crushes.

Your healer should be able to keep you up through one crush no problem so don't be afraid to use your pvp trinket.
Markoh

Postby Cakes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:56 am

So we've downed this fight awhile ago, but tonight was the first time we had enough healers online that I didn't have to play a resto shaman and could actually tank this on my main. Started off a little rocky, but our new recruits got the hang of it fairly quickly. Our best attempt was ruined by someone who forgot to turn off autowalk and conflagged the raid at 1% on the shadow twin, and our next attempt would have been a kill had this not happened:

05:59'24.906 Lady Sacrolash's Swing hits Jerrycakes for 10204 Physical (crushing)
05:59'25.031 Jerrycakes gains 74 Mana from Judgement of Wisdom tick
05:59'25.031 --------------------------------------------------------- SPELL_AURA_REFRESH
05:59'25.047 Lady Sacrolash's Confounding Blow hits Jerrycakes for 9206 Shadow
05:59'25.156 Gladewalker's Lifebloom tick heals Jerrycakes for 355
05:59'25.281 Jerrycakes's Consecration dots Lady Sacrolash for 207 Holy
05:59'25.281 Lady Sacrolash's Swing hits Jerrycakes for 4335 Physical (crushing)

Just half a second before this holy shield had faded, and I was rewarded with 23.7k damage in .4 seconds.
Cakes

Postby DJSticky » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:05 am

Cakes wrote:So we've downed this fight awhile ago, but tonight was the first time we had enough healers online that I didn't have to play a resto shaman and could actually tank this on my main. Started off a little rocky, but our new recruits got the hang of it fairly quickly. Our best attempt was ruined by someone who forgot to turn off autowalk and conflagged the raid at 1% on the shadow twin, and our next attempt would have been a kill had this not happened:

05:59'24.906 Lady Sacrolash's Swing hits Jerrycakes for 10204 Physical (crushing)
05:59'25.031 Jerrycakes gains 74 Mana from Judgement of Wisdom tick
05:59'25.031 --------------------------------------------------------- SPELL_AURA_REFRESH
05:59'25.047 Lady Sacrolash's Confounding Blow hits Jerrycakes for 9206 Shadow
05:59'25.156 Gladewalker's Lifebloom tick heals Jerrycakes for 355
05:59'25.281 Jerrycakes's Consecration dots Lady Sacrolash for 207 Holy
05:59'25.281 Lady Sacrolash's Swing hits Jerrycakes for 4335 Physical (crushing)

Just half a second before this holy shield had faded, and I was rewarded with 23.7k damage in .4 seconds.

She does like to do that some times =P My favorite is
8k confounding
**OH U R CONFUZID I HIT U MOAR**
10k MH Crush
4k OH Crush
Flame Sear Pew Pew
**LuL**
DJSticky

Postby Cakes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:30 pm

Yeah, I was more amused than annoyed by it. She doesn't hit particularly hard the rest of the time, so I suppose getting my face RNG'ed off every so often isn't too terrible.
Cakes

Postby Arquine » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:22 am

erhmm hi guys, we've killed twins already and usually tanking isn't an issue because our two usual warrior main tanks are really very nicely geared. But today our second MT is going on vacation and there is a small posibility our GM/RL/MT might be able to use a prot pala (which I highly doubt since there's like another two fury warriors in the guild which could tank).

However, even if I do get a spot, it'll most likely be a OTing spot, which means I have to output maximum TPS without getting hit. (our strategy usually involves one tank in maximum mitigation gear while the second with full threat gear but since it's rage based it wasn't too much of an issue).

So how do I output maximum threat ... erhmm ... without actually getting mana back?
Arquine

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:26 am

There's such a stupid amount of raid damage, plus you'll be tanking every 10-11 seconds.

There's no offtank in this fight.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arquine » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:32 am

i wish i can show you our wws but on our kill our mt was tanking 2/3 more damage than our OT.

our ot usually only tanks during comfoundings.
http://www.anointed.org.uk/~fainted/eredar_twins.wmv
Arquine

Postby Worldie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:38 am

Depends on the threat capabilities of the second tank.

If he's good enough, at some point he'll likely surpass the main tank.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arquine » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:43 am

it has to do with the way we do it too, our MT wears full hard gear while out OT uses threat gear. so his job is kinda stay second
Arquine

Postby Amrahil » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:51 pm

One reason it's handy to pass the other tank in threat, is because the other tank can run to a fire to reset his shadow debuffs then, without re-positioning the boss.

That said, if you're not going to be hit the majority of the fight you'll of course loose a lot of the threat generated by holy shield charges.

When we use two warriors to tank this boss, our OT often runs into a flame patch to take some damage for rage, as he has a dedicated healer anyway. This helps him stay close to our MT in threat, you could try something like that.

Blow your JoR, Exorcism, Consecrate every cooldown, maybe, although annoying, use SMPs every cd if that's required for you to sustain a high TPS rotation. You could also try using that high threat spec that sacrifices AD, if that's desperately needed.

I play a mage on this encounter, and it's really frustrating when the tanks are not generating enough threat, it really bottlenecks our DPS & makes the P1 last longer than it could.
Amrahil

Postby Tisiphone » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:50 pm

Felmyst down at last and gonna try these little bunnies tomorrow.
I will watch some movies tomorrow and so far I have little understanding of the fight. Question about uncrushability, can I possibly get Scorpid Sting and Agility totem or will I be out of range of everyone and must maintain self-buffed 127%?

Also, which strategy is easier for first kills? The loot is now the same so the easiest way should obviously be chosen.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Cakes » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:18 pm

The "reverse strat" has always been the easier method of killing these two. You will be in range of totems, regardless of whether you have an enhance shammy in your group or a resto shaman up top dropping totems.
Cakes

Postby Tisiphone » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:07 am

Okay so. Which of the two, conflagarate or confounding blow, can be removed by bubble? And confounding blow can't be removed by trinket, right?

What happens when MT gets conflagarate? Does she keep attacking him or does she go to the offtank? If it's the latter, then should the offtank stay at MTs position while conflag is being casted?
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
Tisiphone

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:07 am

Conflag can be bubbled out.

If you happen to get the unlucky Confund->Conflag, you trinket out of confunding, move away, eventually bubble out of conflag.

The current tank cannot get conflag.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tisiphone » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:55 am

Worldie wrote:The current tank cannot get conflag.

I'm reading people are getting it time to time.
Tisiphone

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau