Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Mh i'm not sure, we just sheeped casters from 4 mobs packs, i'd stay in front and get 1 vindicator + explosions + adds + assassins, the prot war comes, grabs one from me and gets it behind for the melees while ranged dps randomly dps my target, when i got only one left we move to next pack...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Yeah, it's not too bad. We usually only have 1 mage, maybe 2 and even if it gets hairy it usually only slows us down. Have people run back quick if they die ;)
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Eender » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:18 pm

Cakes wrote:
Eender wrote:I think we usually use 8 healers. Doing this we can get 4 min kills tho.

We 10 healed it this past week and I think eventually we can drop to 9, but 8 seems to be stretching it. Do you run 3 spriests for the fight?

Edit: I should note that because of our positioning, we eat shadow novas, while some guilds have people run out for shadow novas as well as conflags. Is this what you do?

We usually use one or 2 shadow priests (more usually 2) dunno why u asked this tho. As far as Nova our strat is pretty much identical to Nihilium's with a few positioning differences. With that strat you want your raid getting hit with nova so it clears sear. We also sometimes Warrior tank Grand Warloc Biotchface.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Cakes » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:57 am

Eender wrote:
Cakes wrote:
Eender wrote:I think we usually use 8 healers. Doing this we can get 4 min kills tho.

We 10 healed it this past week and I think eventually we can drop to 9, but 8 seems to be stretching it. Do you run 3 spriests for the fight?

Edit: I should note that because of our positioning, we eat shadow novas, while some guilds have people run out for shadow novas as well as conflags. Is this what you do?

We usually use one or 2 shadow priests (more usually 2) dunno why u asked this tho. As far as Nova our strat is pretty much identical to Nihilium's with a few positioning differences. With that strat you want your raid getting hit with nova so it clears sear. We also sometimes Warrior tank Grand Warloc Biotchface.

What I saw from Nihilum is that they run out for Novas as well as conflags, and anyone with a high amount of flame debuffs heads out with the nova person as well. Seems like it would save a substantial amount of incoming raid dps, but also requires a certain amount of attention on everyone's part rather than brute force healing through novas. I could be wrong though.

I also asked about spriests because they can do a substantial amount of healing on this fight.
Cakes

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:09 am

Got a question to those 2ndTanking the b*tch
How many TPS are you able to put out? Because what my impression on the first tries (with me) and a Feral was that the Ferals TPS was a bit superior to mine :ß
When i'm MTing im about 1.2k which is fairly enough, i guess, though when offtanking i drop to about 800 which is way too low in my opinion.

I use pretorians legguards (no spelldmg) and the Felmyst hands for pure stamina boost. Though i don't see those 2 items dropping my offtanking TPS this low :ß
I might try going into 40/21 which will help for sure, but how's your experience on TPS regarding offtanking?

I can use wings only one time so if a get an unlucky conflag during this one im busted :ß
If i can't stay high enough on threat i run OOM and my TPS drops way lower :(

Might use mana potions instead of ironshield, then !?
Ryuusuke

Postby Aetherial » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:17 am

I've since gone to the dark side (rerolled shammy)... but a fun (and very effective) way to deal with the Twins gauntlet is to actually just AOE tank most of the mess. It lets you cut the tanking requirements down to 2 tanks, and your mages are free to DPS rather than watch sheeps on mobs that really, really like to break out of it. You'll also need a good main assist (and a raid that actually believes in assisting).

Basically handle the packs as follows: Manafiend > Lifeshaper > Vindicator > Vindicator, with your prot pally AOE tanking those groups. Usually my old OT would yank off a Vindicator (if he wasn't already catching a Deathbringer) to minimize the armor debuff, but that's hit-or-miss. Your OT will be responsible for catching Deathbringers as they spawn, and we had a druid rooting the imps away from the raid (once they're rooted, they'll blow up in place... some guilds use a tank to pop the imps, but once you use a druid, you'll never go back).

Assassins and Soulbinders you just deal with individually. Once you get to the final pack (with the Commander in it), we tended to go ahead and sheep the two casters (Manafiend/Lifeshaper) so that we can burn down the Commander without getting the crap manaburned out of the raid.
Aetherial

Postby Morganim » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:49 am

god damn conflag

3 times i had confounding + conflag in one night -_-
we seem to continually get to 20% withn everyone alive and someone has a brain lapse and blows the raid up which cost us getting the kill tonight considering we had a couple enrages with a few dps down :(
Morganim

Postby Eender » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:10 am

Cakes wrote:What I saw from Nihilum is that they run out for Novas as well as conflags, and anyone with a high amount of flame debuffs heads out with the nova person as well. Seems like it would save a substantial amount of incoming raid dps, but also requires a certain amount of attention on everyone's part rather than brute force healing through novas. I could be wrong though.

I also asked about spriests because they can do a substantial amount of healing on this fight.

Yes, iirc u are right, they run out for Novas but we do not. That travel time is DPS/HPS lost. It is much easier imo to clear shadow debuff once or twice in a fight if you are very unlucky and never get sear. You are also right with the spriest point. But we still don't bring more than 2 ever. Only fight we would bring 3 too would be Felmyst.

Got a question to those 2ndTanking the b*tch
How many TPS are you able to put out? Because what my impression on the first tries (with me) and a Feral was that the Ferals TPS was a bit superior to mine :ß
When i'm MTing im about 1.2k which is fairly enough, i guess, though when offtanking i drop to about 800 which is way too low in my opinion.

I use pretorians legguards (no spelldmg) and the Felmyst hands for pure stamina boost. Though i don't see those 2 items dropping my offtanking TPS this low :ß
I might try going into 40/21 which will help for sure, but how's your experience on TPS regarding offtanking?

I can use wings only one time so if a get an unlucky conflag during this one im busted :ß
If i can't stay high enough on threat i run OOM and my TPS drops way lower Sad

Might use mana potions instead of ironshield, then !?

I might be spoiled here but I get a ret paladin in my group. With that being said I can sustain 800-1.1k TPS avg with spikes going to arround 1500 off tanking this fight. One problem I think you might be having is the mindset of offtanking this fight. It is of my own personal opinion that you should go into the encounter geared/ready for the MTing role. Then whoever has the agro is the MT. It isn't MT/OT it is 2 MTs fighting for the privilege of tanking the pos. Only thing I can say that might help you is once the mob is engaged is to go all out and stay as close to your other tanks threat as possible. If you pass them up then they are not doing enough TPS. Then you save AW for after you get conflag or a confounding to you can stay right there with threat even with a TPS break. Hope that helps.

Samsonite! Man, I was way off...
Eender

Postby Morganim » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:46 am

Does anyone have any clue as to why the fark the stupid woman is conflaging me while im well and truly top threat ?
Morganim

Postby Atreidies » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:27 am

Morganim wrote:Does anyone have any clue as to why the fark the stupid woman is conflaging me while im well and truly top threat ?

Because Blizzard thinks RNG is the coolest fucking thing since sliced bread.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Morganim » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:50 am

Atreidies wrote:
Morganim wrote:Does anyone have any clue as to why the fark the stupid woman is conflaging me while im well and truly top threat ?

Because Blizzard thinks RNG is the coolest fucking thing since sliced bread.

ahh well

first 1 shot of kalec
2 shot brut
2 shot felmyst
3 shot twins (3rd night on em)
Morganim

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:05 am

Somehow my Healers can't keep me up :(
I use the exact same as i should have right now in my armory. Only difference is SMI<->InsigniaHordeblabla

This is 18.7k unbuffed HP - 15% crushable with HS up (i use +5% Blockchance Libram) - juse below 21k Armor

Ironshield Potions not always up, but often (neither them, nor the mats are on the AH at times....)

I just don't know what else i can do to help my healers keeping me alive :ß
Yesterday - i know its bad luck which doesnt happen often - i got instagib'ed
MH: 7.2k -> OH: 2.9k -> Confounding: 7.1k -> MH(crush) -> 10.2k
This was almost 28k dmg instant (well, over 0.5s :ß)

I could put up a little more avoidance (cloak, neck) but this would just be due to sacrificing my max-HP which - in my current situation - doesnt seem very reasonable to me
Ryuusuke

Postby darklac » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:29 am

uncrushable >pure stam. there is no point in stacking stam if you geting smacked for 7k crushing everytime she swings. better off to take a 3k or 3.5 every swing
darklac

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:02 am

But the thing is - everyone takes some crushings, but i NEVER ever died due to normal multi-crushings in a row.
See my example pattern:
MH: 7.2k -> OH: 2.9k -> Confounding: 7.1k -> MH(crush) -> 10.2k

The crushing which killed me was while i was confounded (which shouldn't really happen like this but well, it did...)

But basically i should go for a little more avoidance (Pepes -> Slikks // BrutaNeck -> Barbed Choker (no DGraps // BT Neck for me..)) ?
Ryuusuke

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:03 am

Er... I don't think Sacrolash has ever hit me anywhere near that hard. Your AF uptime should be pretty impressive on this fight, sounds like you got /rolled :o
I'd definitely wear Slikk's over Pepe's (on every boss except possibly Kalecgos). Dunno about neck though.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau