Taunt on Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Taunt on Kalecgos

Postby vixien » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:40 am

Last night my guild attempted kalecgos and i was assigned to take the first portal down to the demon but when i got down there it would not let me taunt off the NPC :(.

/cast [target=target,help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense

is the taunt macro i use. Any advice or changes i need to make to make this possible or just let another tank take the 1st portal and i hit up the 3rd one.
vixien

Postby Morganim » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:56 am

theres about a billion zillion other things about this

search ftw

click on npc
hit taunt spell not macro
profit
Morganim

Postby Gerilith » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:01 am

#showtooltip
/cast [noharm][target=targettarget][] Righteous Defense
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Mateo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:26 am

Copy + Pasting this part from what I responded to you on the WoW forums. :D

They fixed Righteous Defense to where it can be applied to NPCs, but they cannot go into your macro folder and change your command lines for you.

If you're using a macro, you need to change "help" to "noharm".
Mateo

Postby Azkeel » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Gerilith wrote:#showtooltip

Easier than clicking on Kalecgos and taunt, thx a lot! :)
Azkeel

Postby Aplus » Thu May 15, 2008 11:15 am

Azkeel wrote:
Gerilith wrote:#showtooltip

Easier than clicking on Kalecgos and taunt, thx a lot! :)

I was trying to use this last night and it only seemed to work intermittently. He was also switching targets a lot to toss shadowbolts and stuff, so maybe the timing with that had a lot to do with it. 15-second cooldown is not very forgiving. any other insights related to the problem i am having?
Aplus

Postby Elsie » Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am

I use taunt and click savrotharr's target's nameplate. Works incase he turns and shadowbolts quickly. 95% the time it's on kalecgos. Can't go wrong.
Elsie

Postby Rorshach » Thu May 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Aplus wrote:
Azkeel wrote:
I was trying to use this last night and it only seemed to work intermittently. He was also switching targets a lot to toss shadowbolts and stuff, so maybe the timing with that had a lot to do with it. 15-second cooldown is not very forgiving. any other insights related to the problem i am having?

Yes, if you taunt just before, during, or just after he turns to another player and shadowbolts them your taunt will most likely fail. If you have to, just wait a sec until he tosses his shadowbolt then taunt.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Katamai » Thu May 15, 2008 5:59 pm

Tonight was one of those glorious moments when i was cussing on VT both RD and how it works.

Basically i would taunt Sathovar, get a Corrupting Strike in my face the very second i did it, while i was stunned Kalec the aggro-whore human would take aggro and every single time RD would either hit the switch-target bug or would just get one of those glorious "wow, it didn't do anything" bugs.

We wiped once because i just couldn't get Kalec on me so after 2 rotations or so he died and when we killed him i tanked Sathovar 1/3rd of the fight due to RD fking up.

This might not have been my night because i've had RD bug out on me once since we killed him and had on farm but i'm getting worried since this happened right after the patch.

Anyone had this happen since 2.4.2?
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby asturia » Fri May 16, 2008 6:05 am

Katamai wrote:Tonight was one of those glorious moments when i was cussing on VT both RD and how it works.

Basically i would taunt Sathovar, get a Corrupting Strike in my face the very second i did it, while i was stunned Kalec the aggro-whore human would take aggro and every single time RD would either hit the switch-target bug or would just get one of those glorious "wow, it didn't do anything" bugs.

We wiped once because i just couldn't get Kalec on me so after 2 rotations or so he died and when we killed him i tanked Sathovar 1/3rd of the fight due to RD fking up.

This might not have been my night because i've had RD bug out on me once since we killed him and had on farm but i'm getting worried since this happened right after the patch.

welcome to my club, i actually thought i was having threat issues because i was using full avoidance gear, and it was rare the occasion sathrovar would stick on me without the midget kalec stealing it from me right away, i went with some more spell dmg, and guess what, still the same problems, which leads me to believe that RD is bugged..
asturia

Postby Lore » Fri May 16, 2008 6:12 am

I haven't had any new problems taunting since 2.4.2.

If he was going onto you even momentarily after the taunt, it worked fine. Losing him at that point is a threat issue.

Also don't forget the -hit% debuff that dragon form Kalecgos randomly puts up. That can screw with your taunts a lot.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby sanctifico » Sat May 17, 2008 2:51 am

Taunt working fine for me.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Katamai » Sat May 17, 2008 2:57 am

Lore wrote:I haven't had any new problems taunting since 2.4.2.

If he was going onto you even momentarily after the taunt, it worked fine. Losing him at that point is a threat issue.

Also don't forget the -hit% debuff that dragon form Kalecgos randomly puts up. That can screw with your taunts a lot.

I didn't have the debuff from Kalec and i know that losing aggro after getting CS in the face right after RD wasn't RD's fault. However i had a unusually high "fail" rate with RD (when you taunt and nothing happens).

Hope it was just bad luck and but i guess i'll see next reset.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Mithos » Sat May 17, 2008 4:26 am

Anyone know how I can modify my Mouseover taunt macro to work on NPCs too? I added the noharm stuff and it just doesn't seem to want to work, even rewrote it but to no avail :(.
Mithos

Postby Rorshach » Sat May 17, 2008 4:44 am

Katamai wrote:

I'll quote my post from the other Kalecgos thread:

Rorshach wrote:Did the Kalecgos fight get changed during the patch?

I had no problems keeping threat on Sathrovarr before the patch. I could hold him off Kalecgos' human form the whole time I was in the shadow realm.

So now, post-patch, I had to taunt Sathrovarr everytime my taunt CD was up because I couldn't hold threat to save my life. Now I'm at a loss as to why this was especially considering I just changed to a new threat spec that includes Sanctity Aura and does 13% more holy damage on demons.

Anyone else have this issue since the patch?

Some people agree yes. Keep in mind I have no trouble with RD, I simply find it difficult to hold aggro on him sometimes, since patch 2.4.2, because apparently I hit like a wench compared to Kalecgos' human form.

I solved it by going to 600 spell damage on the fight. Now my usual rotation of Consecrate, Taunt, Exorcism, JoR does the trick.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau