Remove Advertisements

Brutallus and taunting

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Neganur » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:36 pm

you might still hit taunt in the sec Brutallus ain't targetting the other tank, hence no mob to command to attack you instead.
Image
User avatar
Neganur
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:57 pm

Postby Tisiphone » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:36 am

Neganur wrote:you might still hit taunt in the sec Brutallus ain't targetting the other tank, hence no mob to command to attack you instead.

You would still taunt him. Taunt on another person works as gaining aggro from all the mobs that previously had the person you're targeting highest on the aggro list, not as taunting every mob that is targeting the player you're taunting from.

I believe a /target [the other tank] /cast RD macro would be good enough for this fight.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
User avatar
Tisiphone
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:57 am

Postby Lore » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:41 am

Tisiphone wrote:
Neganur wrote:you might still hit taunt in the sec Brutallus ain't targetting the other tank, hence no mob to command to attack you instead.

You would still taunt him. Taunt on another person works as gaining aggro from all the mobs that previously had the person you're targeting highest on the aggro list, not as taunting every mob that is targeting the player you're taunting from.

I believe a /target [the other tank] /cast RD macro would be good enough for this fight.


When the taunt debuff is applied to the mob, this is correct. You gain aggro equal to whoever is highest on his threat, not whoever the boss happened to be targetting at the moment.

However, if he is not targetting the person you cast RD on, the taunt debuff is not applied to the mob.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Tisiphone » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:24 am

Lore wrote:
Tisiphone wrote:
Neganur wrote:you might still hit taunt in the sec Brutallus ain't targetting the other tank, hence no mob to command to attack you instead.

You would still taunt him. Taunt on another person works as gaining aggro from all the mobs that previously had the person you're targeting highest on the aggro list, not as taunting every mob that is targeting the player you're taunting from.

I believe a /target [the other tank] /cast RD macro would be good enough for this fight.


When the taunt debuff is applied to the mob, this is correct. You gain aggro equal to whoever is highest on his threat, not whoever the boss happened to be targetting at the moment.

However, if he is not targetting the person you cast RD on, the taunt debuff is not applied to the mob.


You mean if the mob is not targeting the person you cast taunt on, you only gain aggro, but the mob doesn't get the taunt debuff?

Because I certainly remember casting RD on Kalecgos (human) when the demon was targeting another player for the curse, and I still got the aggro.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
User avatar
Tisiphone
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:57 am

Postby Catriona » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:45 am

Lore, I don't suppose you might have a video of your kill? One of the guild officers is maintaining that paladins can't tank Brutallus and I'd really love to throw proof back on him.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:27 am
Location: JAX

Postby Lucit » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:12 am

Catriona wrote:Lore, I don't suppose you might have a video of your kill? One of the guild officers is maintaining that paladins can't tank Brutallus and I'd really love to throw proof back on him.


Both guilds on my server used a paladin tank...

http://files.filefront.com/BrutallusKil ... einfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/Brutallusmpg ... einfo.html
Lucit
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Postby Lore » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:05 am

Tisiphone wrote:
Lore wrote:
Tisiphone wrote:
Neganur wrote:you might still hit taunt in the sec Brutallus ain't targetting the other tank, hence no mob to command to attack you instead.

You would still taunt him. Taunt on another person works as gaining aggro from all the mobs that previously had the person you're targeting highest on the aggro list, not as taunting every mob that is targeting the player you're taunting from.

I believe a /target [the other tank] /cast RD macro would be good enough for this fight.


When the taunt debuff is applied to the mob, this is correct. You gain aggro equal to whoever is highest on his threat, not whoever the boss happened to be targetting at the moment.

However, if he is not targetting the person you cast RD on, the taunt debuff is not applied to the mob.


You mean if the mob is not targeting the person you cast taunt on, you only gain aggro, but the mob doesn't get the taunt debuff?

Because I certainly remember casting RD on Kalecgos (human) when the demon was targeting another player for the curse, and I still got the aggro.


No, I mean if the mob is not targetting the person you cast RD on, nothing happens.

It doesn't particularly matter who they're targetting for threat purposes (ie: you don't have to taunt off of the other tank to get their threat), you just have to be sure that it's targetting the person you taunt off of.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Tisiphone » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:59 pm

Lore wrote:
It doesn't particularly matter who they're targetting for threat purposes (ie: you don't have to taunt off of the other tank to get their threat), you just have to be sure that it's targetting the person you taunt off of.

Maybe you're using the macro then? Because I use the pure spell and it works just fine for me, whatever the mob is targeting.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
User avatar
Tisiphone
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:57 am

Postby Catriona » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:16 pm

Lucit wrote:
Catriona wrote:Lore, I don't suppose you might have a video of your kill? One of the guild officers is maintaining that paladins can't tank Brutallus and I'd really love to throw proof back on him.


Both guilds on my server used a paladin tank...

http://files.filefront.com/BrutallusKil ... einfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/Brutallusmpg ... einfo.html

Thanks!
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:27 am
Location: JAX

Postby Duzzit » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:06 am

Catriona wrote:Lore, I don't suppose you might have a video of your kill? One of the guild officers is maintaining that paladins can't tank Brutallus and I'd really love to throw proof back on him.


haha.
Image

Image
Duzzit
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:47 am

Postby Duzzit » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:11 am

btw lucit, your first video doesnt appear to show a prot pala?
Image

Image
Duzzit
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:47 am

Postby Lucit » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:53 am

Duzzit wrote:btw lucit, your first video doesnt appear to show a prot pala?


It's rogue PoV, just look for the pink name in target of target? lol
Lucit
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Postby knaughty » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:11 am

Catriona wrote:Lore, I don't suppose you might have a video of your kill? One of the guild officers is maintaining that paladins can't tank Brutallus and I'd really love to throw proof back on him.


Etherial AKA Chicktankadin has a progression kill video showing her tanking Brute, from her PoV.

Nice vid, it's linked on the site somewhere.

Shameless plug: This week's Tankspot PodCast also covers how to do this as a tankadin.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
User avatar
knaughty
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3558
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Lucit » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:16 am

Knaughty wrote:Etherial AKA Chicktankadin has a progression kill video showing her tanking Brute, from her PoV.

Nice vid, it's linked on the site somewhere.

Shameless plug: This week's Tankspot PodCast also covers how to do this as a tankadin.


Yes, Aetherial's vid is the second one I linked. She recently quit playing her paladin, though.
Lucit
 
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:21 pm

Postby Catriona » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:18 am

Duzzit wrote:
Catriona wrote:Lore, I don't suppose you might have a video of your kill? One of the guild officers is maintaining that paladins can't tank Brutallus and I'd really love to throw proof back on him.


haha.

I seriously wish I was kidding.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona
 
Posts: 1376
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:27 am
Location: JAX

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest