Remove Advertisements

Sunblade Cabalists

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Sunblade Cabalists

Postby Chloe » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:49 am

So, I had a disaster with these last night. With only one hunter in the raid, MD wasn't available to pull these guys to me. If I try to pull them back, they either sit there and spam shadow bolts at me or chain summon imps. If I move up to use consecration I chain break sheep and get the shit yelled out of me on vent - it's rather depressing.

I feel I started to get the hang of it towards the end, tossing my consecrations down so that they were just in the edge and slowly moving them away from sheeps, but I'm wondering, is there an easier way to do this? They are, sadly, immune to arcane torrent. Sunwell just has so little room to work with and so few places I can LOS to without agro'ing another pack or scout or both.

Are any other prot-lala's tanking these guys and have any advice on how to move them away from the ton of CC they seem to stand in? Help!

xo
Chloe

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:18 am

We just sheep em.

If we can't, i taunt em and move out of range so they get closer and i can consecrate.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gerilith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:28 am

1st priority sheep because of the imps. To pull them, just tell a mage to counterspell or use LoS.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Chloe » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks for the help, but I thought of a solution - Bubble + Taunt + Judgement + Run like a girl as far away from the sheeps before I drop bubble.
Chloe

Postby Morganim » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:32 am

We found sheeping cabalists as first priority was the best option as the imps are just annoying.

We usually sap/sheep enough for only 1 priest and 1 vindicator to be out so i just grab the vindicator and DONT consecrate. By the time the priest is dead i have enough threat from seals/judements that lack of cons isnt a problem.

On the pulls with scouts i usualy grab a vindicator and another (2nd vindicator is good) and drag them to the back of the raid and consecrate there while MT and feral/warrior ot grab one each (we dont like to run this trash with less than 3 mages)
Morganim

Postby Oramac » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:41 pm

Morganim wrote:We found sheeping cabalists as first priority was the best option as the imps are just annoying.

We usually sap/sheep enough for only 1 priest and 1 vindicator to be out so i just grab the vindicator and DONT consecrate. By the time the priest is dead i have enough threat from seals/judements that lack of cons isnt a problem.

On the pulls with scouts i usualy grab a vindicator and another (2nd vindicator is good) and drag them to the back of the raid and consecrate there while MT and feral/warrior ot grab one each (we dont like to run this trash with less than 3 mages)

you tank vindicators. want to tell my damn raid that i can? they seem to think they "hit too hard" and that since i cant disarm them the MS hurts me too much.

then they gave me some BS line about thinking of the raid b/c of the cleave even though i turned em away from the raid every time.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Gerilith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:44 pm

Oramac wrote:
Morganim wrote:We found sheeping cabalists as first priority was the best option as the imps are just annoying.

you tank vindicators. want to tell my damn raid that i can? they seem to think they "hit too hard" and that since i cant disarm them the MS hurts me too much.

then they gave me some BS line about thinking of the raid b/c of the cleave even though i turned em away from the raid every time.

Hmm...if Vindicators hit too hard, what's up regarding bosses that hit for up to 7.8k on 20.1 armor.
Gerilith

Postby Elysianlight » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:46 pm

My guild runs with only one mage it seems recently, and we tank 4 mobs at a time. Cabalist is always sheep priority though.

Basically the pulls are something like this for us

Vindicator: Druid Tank
Cabalist: Sheeped
Mage: Warrior Tank
Priest: Druid Tank
Second Vindicator/Mage/Priest whatever : Warrior Tank

Probably not the most efficient way to do things but it works, wtb more sheeps.
Elysianlight

Postby Chloe » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:54 pm

We have had a shortage of mages recently as well, and as such our sheep priority is the mage mob, then priests.
Chloe

Postby Gerilith » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:56 pm

I always tank one Priest of Dawn a little aside. Works perfectly well.
Gerilith

Postby Morganim » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Chloe wrote:We have had a shortage of mages recently as well, and as such our sheep priority is the mage mob, then priests.

IMO, sheep cabalists before mages
mages dont 'really' need to be tanked a lot as they blink around a lot and can be burnt down the fastest of all mobs. Just have priest or 2 spam mass dispell.

As for vindicators we didnt even think about disarm tbh, yeah im a nub :P, but you miss/dodge/parry enough that 3 lifeblooms keep me up no probs with the ocasional spike
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:10 am

well, vindicators _do_ hit hard but as long as you are healed and in t6ish gear (like you should in sunwell) it's nothing important
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amran20 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:37 am

Yeah, my guild had me tanking Vindicator's plus any extra mobs that may get loose or what have you. I was honestly surprised, I figured I'd get put on a Priest. My raid leader is changing I tell you!

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Oramac » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:59 am

Worldie wrote:well, vindicators _do_ hit hard but as long as you are healed and in t6ish gear (like you should in sunwell) it's nothing important

what if im in T6ish gear except the damned badge chest and T5 shoulders? fucking WTB conq drops im in raid for!
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby icydevarosp » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:54 am

The re spawn timer is exactly 2 hours, if your getting close to that re-kill the robot, and the patrol...

The funny thing we found about this is that if your warlocks are running low on shards from summoning 1/2 the raid back up the imps give soul shards when they die. So just sit there and let them summon them once their the last mob and let them grind shards for about 10 mins to replenish their supply
icydevarosp

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau