Remove Advertisements

Sunwell Radiance and Uncrushability in Sunwell

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Cadberri » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:34 pm

I run Grim Reaper, and it shows a "C" next to the damage taken. That means "Crushing", not "Corrupting Strike".
Cadberri

Postby Lucit » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:41 pm

Cadberri wrote:I run Grim Reaper, and it shows a "C" next to the damage taken. That means "Crushing", not "Corrupting Strike".

Whatever mod you're using is wrong. Look at the combat log, look at WWS reports, believe other people who've tanked in Sunwell. Sathrovarr does not crush.

Edit to add some WWS links:

BT+Twins
Kalecgos+Brutallus
Lucit

Postby Gerilith » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:45 pm

Yep, first mob able to crush in Sunwell is one of the Twins.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Novara » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Cadberri wrote:I run Grim Reaper, and it shows a "C" next to the damage taken. That means "Crushing", not "Corrupting Strike".

The combat log and mods that use it have been really flaky since 2.4 came out. Like I said, eavesdrop seems to think corrupting strike is physical damage rather than shadow. I'm sure there are other problems. Don't trust mods.

Me on kalec+savrotharr (notice the shadow damage), http://wowwebstats.com/hctvi6myvioz3?a=5&s=12479-12849
Novara

Postby Splug » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:58 am

Back before the 2.4 change, I had grim reaper report me taking a crushing blow in a 5v5 arena. I've also had it report me taking crits against a boss, which upon combat log review were crushing blows.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Mithos » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:26 pm

Neither Kalecgos or Savrotharr can crush unless 3 weeks of me staring at my incoming dmg and WWS have proved incorrect.
Mithos

Postby Mithos » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm

Also Grim reaper is just screwed recently - reports all physical dmg as holy, and all fire dmg as frost. Sometimes it just doesn't load, sometimes it dies mid combat, sometimes it shows random 53333 "frost (aka fire)" dmg on people who were killed by something obvious, or who are still alive...
Mithos

Postby Cadberri » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:27 am

It would sort of make sense if Sathrovarr crushes. Technically, you're no longer in Sunwell Plateau, you're in a spectral realm. Sunwell Radiance wouldn't be active since you're in a different realm. Maybe that's why our warriors are getting crushed since Shield Block is crappy for avoidance (IMO). I'm not the only one that noticed the warriors getting crushed, anyway.
Cadberri

Postby Lucit » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:57 am

Cadberri wrote:It would sort of make sense if Sathrovarr crushes. Technically, you're no longer in Sunwell Plateau, you're in a spectral realm. Sunwell Radiance wouldn't be active since you're in a different realm. Maybe that's why our warriors are getting crushed since Shield Block is crappy for avoidance (IMO). I'm not the only one that noticed the warriors getting crushed, anyway.

Lucit

Postby Splug » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:24 am

It would also make sense that if enough people just hit Kalecgos with exorcism, Sathrovar would just take the hint and leave.

"The power of Christ compels you!"

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Cadberri » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:12 pm

^--

and Smite!
Cadberri

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau