Remove Advertisements

Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Neuron » Thu May 22, 2008 2:51 pm

I think Lore looks like a retarded beetle.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Katamai » Thu May 22, 2008 4:07 pm

I love the clipping issues on mine! Hammer of Lollypop... i mean Judgment, is sticking through it as well as my left elbow. Not to mention the shield itself is cutting through my cape.

GG Blizzard! -.-"
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Elsie » Fri May 23, 2008 2:01 am

I like the shield. Zoomed out I mistake my character for a beetle on my monitor.

Screenshot or it didn't happen!

http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wowscrnshot052308035620oe4.jpg
RAWR BEETLE GONNA EAT YOU

would you wear the gloves that drop from this guy over your t6.
Im trying to decide whether the extra avoidance and stam is worth the loss in tps in sunwell

Every piece of sunwell gear is pretty situational. I would wear these on Twins and Kalecgos, but not yet on Brutallus. I would wear it definitely with Reign of Misery. I would not wear them on M'uru with my guild's current strat. I have no idea what kil'jaeden would warrant, but i'd definitely use them at first.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Thu May 29, 2008 10:27 am

Ninja question: Frost grenades or Adamantite grenades?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:19 pm

I say adamantite

Ninja Question: How do you pick up the skellies? They don't come at the same time =(
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:33 pm

Lore's video explains quite well how to pick them.

I found that i can pick half of the skeletons from 1st beam, + all the ones from the 2nd one, so i send the other tank to pick the remaining ones from the first beam.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lieris » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:53 pm

You don't really need to go around picking them all up. We have a meeting point near the tree where everyone gathers to after the second beam has been announced. I spam consecration and everyone stands on it so I have aggro on everything.

It's mindless and easy but very repeatable and idiot proof. You can't really orchestrate a perfect and elegant add pickup, it's too chaotic and you have too much ground to cover unless you're really close together for the beam kiting which is just more potential human error waiting to happen.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Imbur » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:19 pm

I have been tanking skellies on myst for 3 weeks now. We got it down, though our dps is lacking, he enrages at 25%. We have been going with a warrior MT, me for the skellies, and a feral druid to bring adds to me. This Sunday, I get to main tank the fight. Ill be the only tank there, tanking myst and the skellies. A lot of pressure, if you ask me. Anything I should know? Gathering the skellies is easy, as is surviving them and the breaths. But now surviving myst? Should I gear for threat or for avoidance? Threat set im at 25 dodge 18 parry 26 block and no one will pull off of me. Avoidance i have 34 dodge 20 parry and 17 block, but i lose about 150 spell dmg. i might threat cap out a lock or two? Any hints to tanking him, trinkets, pots, etc etc. Thanks in advance.

The sig below is my threat set missing like stam buffs and some pots. Add 1k armor 2k hp and some more dodge.
Imbur

Postby Korendil » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:02 pm

From what I understand, Felmyst hits like a girl until you get corrosion. Bosskillers says melee is 5-7k. When corrosion is on you, she hits for 10-14k. Our warrior MT found it helpful to have an avoidance trinket on so he could pop it when he had corrosion.

I would suggest wearing your normal tanking gear and to decurse yourself when Felmyst casts gas nova.
Tichondrius (US)

Korendil

Postby Elsie » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Like Lieris said, you should have a 'gather spot' (we use the center crate) and on the first beam you consecrate between the beam starting point and your meeting area. This'll gather most the first beam and consecrate/taunt will get you most the rest.

Then go to your 'meeting area'. If the second beam is on the opposing side, stand a little to that side for your third consecrate (since most people will stand directly in your 2nd one) so you'll pick up all the other ones your warrior/druid tank didn't.

Holy paladins and DPS warriors are handy for taunt / run since it won't give them any significant aggro. The biggest problem you'll have is Priests with vampiric touch, vampiric embrace, circle of healing, and prayer of mending. They are skeleton-aggro fiends.
But now surviving myst? Should I gear for threat or for avoidance? Threat set im at 25 dodge 18 parry 26 block and no one will pull off of me. Avoidance i have 34 dodge 20 parry and 17 block, but i lose about 150 spell dmg. i might threat cap out a lock or two? Any hints to tanking him, trinkets, pots, etc etc. Thanks in advance.

Well you have 3 healers spamming the shit out of you the whole fight. I would recommend a balance and DEFINITELY you should have a Shaman for aggro. As to your DPS problem, make sure they're all DPSing (and moving) when she goes into the air and passing by for breathes. Phase 2 DPS is a significant portion of her HP. Locks and mages can, and probably should shatter/invis after the first p2 if she eyes them while landing. Roughly ~10 seconds before she lands you can figure out who she's targetting and bop them.
Elsie

Postby Atreidies » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:36 pm

But now surviving myst? Should I gear for threat or for avoidance? Threat set im at 25 dodge 18 parry 26 block and no one will pull off of me. Avoidance i have 34 dodge 20 parry and 17 block, but i lose about 150 spell dmg. i might threat cap out a lock or two? Any hints to tanking him, trinkets, pots, etc etc. Thanks in advance.

I ended up having to wear almost pure threat gear and just Nightmare Seed the corrosions with Ironshields up constantly. I barely had 21k HP w/ no Imp and really seemed to fare alot better than our MT with 23k popping Haste pots. Threat was really horrendously gay on him as our Ret pally wasn't there that night, but having Icon of the Silver Crescent up every landing made it so the locks weren't particularly threat capped until a few seconds before he flew.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby inthedrops » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Lieris wrote:You don't really need to go around picking them all up. We have a meeting point near the tree where everyone gathers to after the second beam has been announced. I spam consecration and everyone stands on it so I have aggro on everything.

It's mindless and easy but very repeatable and idiot proof. You can't really orchestrate a perfect and elegant add pickup, it's too chaotic and you have too much ground to cover unless you're really close together for the beam kiting which is just more potential human error waiting to happen.

I have tanked this one night so far as an initiate in my new guild, and this is the strat I was told to do. And it worked well. Be sure to save your taunt for the healers that haven't moved yet due to healing people. At the start, I still toss my shield at the first lazer beam so that I ensure I have agro on two or three. If the first skellies are far enough out, I pop a consecrate as I run to the spot in front of the tree where everyone expects me. At that point I look for the other beam so I know where they'll be coming from and prepare my taunt/exorcism/judgement to peel them off any healers/casters.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:15 pm

We where slow on the DPS for felmyst, had him enrage a couple times when we actually got everyone online (Fing exams n shit)

after reading some stuff i might try to tank both phases if our MT doesnt mind sitting out to see how it goes and then bringing in an extra range dps.

Just curious what phase do you guys use bloodlusts, i was thinking the first phase 1 if threat was fine but i wasnt too sure
Morganim

Postby Cakes » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:25 am

Morganim wrote:We where slow on the DPS for felmyst, had him enrage a couple times when we actually got everyone online (Fing exams n shit)

after reading some stuff i might try to tank both phases if our MT doesnt mind sitting out to see how it goes and then bringing in an extra range dps.

Just curious what phase do you guys use bloodlusts, i was thinking the first phase 1 if threat was fine but i wasnt too sure

http://wowwebstats.com/vqxgcv1n6uqco?s=555-1075&m

Melee got one in the first phase 1, locks and mages got one sub 20%, fourth phase 1.

Edit: That also means we didn't use one, and I'm not sure why. We hit the jackpot for classes to get encap.
Cakes

Postby Morganim » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:35 am

so actually gonna solo tank felmyst tonight.

hope threat goes well, im trying out lore's 0/51/10 spec
Morganim

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau