Remove Advertisements

Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Croiky » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Lore wrote:I threw together a quick video guide to Felmyst AOE tanking, you can see it here: http://files.filefront.com/felmyst+aoe+ ... einfo.html

Tell me what you think =)

I think it would be more efficient if you had people run in a semi circle instead of a straight line, drop a consecration in the middle of the circle and move on to the next - This also makes it so there aren't as many stragglers coming into your Mage/lock aoe as they have already started

as far as your warlock having aggro : While the MT is in melee range of the boss - the warlock will have 130% room for aggro. When your MT is out of melee range its reduced to 100% or 110% - The bop was nicely placed there as well :

Also your comment : "i'm not going to get beamed this time because it's already happened" - We have people getting double beamed as well as getting beams again the next p2

I'm sorry for seeming so negative - outside of that you do just about everything right it'd be a longer list to point those out, you also speak very clearly and thats much appreciated, i hate people who mumble while making a video :

Question : Do you have a holy paladin putting up JoL?
Croiky

Postby Lore » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:16 am

"I'm not going to get beamed this time because it's already happened" - I frapsed it, I was recording the voiceover after it had already happened. I knew I wasn't going to get beamed because I was there when I recorded it ;)

I believe there was a holy pally putting up JoL in one of the groups off to the side.

People shouldn't be pulling aggro in Phase 2... but they sometimes do, and since I don't have anything else to do at the moment I might as well watch for it and keep them from dying. DPS can be tight.

In our experience it's been way too hard to control where people run (other beam in their way, double beamed, etc). I don't have any problems picking everything up before the AOE needs to start so long as I keep an eye on healers, so we just let people run where they need to in order to stay out of the beam.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby ist » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:34 pm

Lore, thanks for the video.
ist

Postby Croiky » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:30 pm

Lore wrote:"I'm not going to get beamed this time because it's already happened" - I frapsed it, I was recording the voiceover after it had already happened. I knew I wasn't going to get beamed because I was there when I recorded it ;)

I believe there was a holy pally putting up JoL in one of the groups off to the side.

People shouldn't be pulling aggro in Phase 2... but they sometimes do, and since I don't have anything else to do at the moment I might as well watch for it and keep them from dying. DPS can be tight.

In our experience it's been way too hard to control where people run (other beam in their way, double beamed, etc). I don't have any problems picking everything up before the AOE needs to start so long as I keep an eye on healers, so we just let people run where they need to in order to stay out of the beam.

ty for clearing all that up :)

looking forward to ur eredar twins
Croiky

Postby Croiky » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:22 am

MOAR FELMYST VIDEOS!

Doesn't really explain anything that hasn't already been said - quality is crap (Damn youtube)

However, please enjoy and if someone finds this useful somehow then all the better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeacQzbaYX0

http://files.filefront.com/felmystavi/; ... einfo.html
Croiky

Postby Splug » Thu May 08, 2008 8:37 am

We ran into an interesting little bug. I know it has been stated that pushing Felmyst to 1% in the air will result in her finishing the air phase before she can die. However, we pushed her to 1% right as she was starting her second vapor beam, and either by sheer coincidence or as a result of the same bug, the beam and vapor trail failed to render graphics. Of course, that meant the invisible beam blew up the guy who couldn't see it, and then it picked a random target and drew an invisible wall of smoke roughly toward where we were tanking the skeletons... resulting in a lot of very confused deaths.

The good news is you can kill Felmyst from 1% fairly easily/quickly with 10 people alive.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Korendil » Thu May 08, 2008 9:40 am

Last night, we had Felmyst bug out or something. She was maybe at 40% (a good attempt anyway) and she started her first beam. I'd started to gather the skeletons on me when the beam and the skeletons disappeared. She must have done a second beam since there were a few skeletons running from the other side, but once those died, we were out of combat.

Has that happened to anyone?
Tichondrius (US)

Korendil

Postby fiorina » Thu May 08, 2008 10:40 am

Korendil wrote:Last night, we had Felmyst bug out or something. She was maybe at 40% (a good attempt anyway) and she started her first beam. I'd started to gather the skeletons on me when the beam and the skeletons disappeared. She must have done a second beam since there were a few skeletons running from the other side, but once those died, we were out of combat.

that's evade, don't climb on stuff
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Thu May 08, 2008 11:58 am

fiorina wrote:
Korendil wrote:Last night, we had Felmyst bug out or something. She was maybe at 40% (a good attempt anyway) and she started her first beam. I'd started to gather the skeletons on me when the beam and the skeletons disappeared. She must have done a second beam since there were a few skeletons running from the other side, but once those died, we were out of combat.

Yep, it happens sometimes when people step on the boxes, particularly if they have a skeleton on them.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Thu May 08, 2008 12:19 pm

I'm particularly fond of her dropping the raid directly below her if it's a full wipe reset. For instance, we've often called wipes early if a dps goes down and we don't think we'll meet enrage. We just dance through the first two clouds and eat the third one, at which point everyone is MCed and she resets. However, she drops all the corpses in a neat pile below her, which can sometimes be outside the firewall.
Cakes

Postby Rorshach » Thu May 08, 2008 3:18 pm

fiorina wrote:

^^ What Fiorina said. Obviously you didn't watch Lore's video or read his posts. Bad pally!
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby Korendil » Thu May 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Rorshach wrote:^^ What Fiorina said. Obviously you didn't watch Lore's video or read his posts. Bad pally!

o.O

No, I did not watch Lore's video. I watched Fiorina's video. I did read Lore's post. Neither he nor anyone else said anything about evading that I can recall and a brief review of this thread did not mention anything about causing Felmyst to evade. Nor do I recall ever seeing it mentioned on bosskillers or wowwiki.

It's helpful to know that standing on boxes can cause Felmyst to evade, though. I'll be sure to let my guild know about this problem.
Tichondrius (US)

Korendil

Postby Neuron » Fri May 09, 2008 8:38 am

You also gotta watch out for that one box in the middle if you are running north to south or south to north.

Fuck that box!
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Splug » Fri May 09, 2008 9:10 am

Hehe, we've already named that box after one of our priests after he went on a post-wipe rant about getting stuck on it.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Fri May 09, 2008 12:04 pm

That box is going to get special mention when we finally kill this bastard.
Cakes

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau