Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby samoa » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:35 am

That's if they have a pally that has the gear and knows how to play a tankadin, So funny to see guilds never using tankadins.
samoa

Postby Nicki » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:42 am

worth noting the the world second kill of fel myst was done by inner sanctum, Have a peak at the screen shot http://innersanctum.eu/photos/kills/ima ... ginal.aspx
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby rozakk » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:24 am

i was gone the night our guild killed felmyst and our holy pally respecced (he did have some prot set, mostly random tank drops from bt/hyjal that would have rotted and a hammer of judgment) and did it easily :? it's not really a difficult job on that fight, just requires a prot paladin. It would be nice if blizzard thru in a sunwell fight where we were important for our 'maintankadin' skills and not just as a 'lol aetank' gimmicky requirement.
rozakk

Postby mooneye » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:33 am

I fraps my progress at felmyst. We did a 1% wipe 30min ago so I ll gonna be able to upload a movie the next days tomorrow the kalecgos movie has to be on wowmovies.com.

I made some Paladin Graphics aswell if someone wanna have this go and tell me.
- Alternate Protiiii inc -
- my armory gear could change, because I am just an alternate prot -

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Mooneye
mooneye

Postby Elexis » Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:39 pm

Anyone else got threat problem when maintanking this guy?
Elexis

Postby Rhî » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:23 am

Elexis wrote:Anyone else got threat problem when maintanking this guy?

Yes, every our warrior tanks. Felmyst seems to have very little armor value. Our rogue means, that felmyst has about 5.5k armor before any debuff. Our mages have threat issues, too.

I don't tank him, our raid lead seems to have some nostalgia issue, so we bring me for p2 and a warrior for p1. Although it should be possible to play this encounter with just me. But I don't blame my raid lead. I like my warrior mates and I'm happy, when they are with me.
Rhî

Postby fiorina » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:40 am

I haven't seen any threat issues either for warrior or paladin. Can you be more specific?
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Nature resist gear

Postby eddiehu » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:08 am

Do you need to wear any nature resist gears for this fight?
eddiehu

Postby Cleanse » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:32 pm

Do Prot Paladins really generate more threat than a Warrior? I don't feel I put out as much single target TPS as a Warrior or Feral Druid, but maybe I am bad/doing something wrong.
Cleanse

Postby Croiky » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:37 am

Possible to have paladin MT P1 and P2?

Or need a war to do 1 and pally to do the other?
Croiky

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:56 am

Possible, although not recommended. Warrior's (and druid's) superior melee mitigation is better for Felmyst (does she crush btw?)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:57 am

No, he don't crush. It's 100% possible to tank both phases. Just if you are min-maxing and have both paladin and warrior in best gear available, pick warrior.

It's better to have 2 tanks during air phase anyway. You have to pick up and hold 20+ skeletons spawning all over the place killing your healers.

Be ready for Ironshields and max debuffs on him, 14k hits are nasty. He has pretty slow attack speed tho, so it's healable.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:18 am

I wonder if it's actually possible to deal with air phase without a tankadin, every guild i know who has killed him (including hardcore ones) have used a prot paladin.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fiorina » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:27 am

Worldie wrote:I wonder if it's actually possible to deal with air phase without a tankadin, every guild i know who has killed him (including hardcore ones) have used a prot paladin.

Sure, it's like morogrim or nightbane, just harder. Skeletons have quite low HP, so you don't have to go all-out with AoE. It will be just more complicated.
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Cylan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:04 am

My guild is on Felmyst right now, but I am having trouble finding a solution to collecting on aggro during the second phase. Any ideas?
Cylan

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau