Remove Advertisements

Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Felmyst

Postby Jonlo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:48 am

How's Felmyst for prot paladins? I hear she summons a lot of undead adds.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:07 am

From the looks of Meet Your Maker's screenshot, the only guild to have killed v3 so far, they had a Prot Paladin :) and from the movies I've seen, yes, he does summon a lot of adds, so I think we'll be useful :twisted:
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Inferno255 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:55 am

Boss itself seems to require a spellreflect. But at least theres something usefull to do.
Inferno255

Postby Splug » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Woah, wait, you can spell reflect Corrosion? Son of a- no wonder that seemed like too much damage to heal through.

EDIT: Yeah, the unyielding dead hit our cloth for about 2k, and hit our paladin tank for about his block value. There's about 20 of them, so he took enough damage to get some mana back, but was easily healable. The main problem we had in the air phase is getting them all piled up in one place, and then NOT getting covered in fog of LOL WIPE. Exactly how does the deep breath effect work? 'Myst was definitely fixating on the raid's location, not a random path. Does she just pick a random target, chill for ~5 seconds, and then charge across that way without changing direction?

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby krazzi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:10 pm

I was doing it as full holy last night without even Imp RF as I wasnt expecting to be tanking anything. When he flew up, I would just run over to the first of the green beams, Consecrate and wait 3-4 seconds and throw a Holy Wrath, that'd pick up a few. Hunters would drop frost traps, a couple of warriors were running around picking things up with tclap and running it in and out of my consecrate.

Someone who seemed to be doing a good job was calling out his 'deep breaths' and we were just following him blindly, he did a decent job.

We started to get the hang of it after a while, when he was down I'd just max range and get Cleanses off on our Rogues.

I think we tried spell-reflecting the corrosion, but I'm not sure if we got it to work correctly or not.

Edit: Splug, from what we've seen there's a "Bottom" "Middle" and "Top" area of breaths and we sort of hung out in the middle until whoever was yelling it out gave us a heads up then we just turned tails and ran. I had a frost trap on me so I didnt have to worry about the adds right behind me.

We just need to figure out a way to have our tank not get insta gibbed, I'll push to get him to keep trying to spell reflect. Because I had nothing to do in P1 I was just timing it, his first corrrosion is ~15 seconds from the pull (can sometimes drag on alot longer but most of the time it's around then) and the next is ~30 seconds after. He's only down for one minute so you're only going to get two, one attempt we only managed to get one.
krazzi

Postby Cakes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:26 pm

I'll let you know after we try him tonight. I'm kind of concerned about our melee, since we rely on them heavily for damage output. Splug, I think a lot of people were having problems with the deep breaths because she makes several retargets and "twitches," before breathing down a strip of gas.
Cakes

Postby Splug » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:25 pm

Arright. In our attempts, she mainly targetted me in phase 2, with the occasional twitch to someone totally random, so we assumed her "target" was usually the phase 1 MT. I have no idea if spell reflect actually works; I didn't even think of it until the post by Inferno.

Does she always start her run from the same side, if she only goes top/middle/bottom? If so, it probably makes sense to stack as far away from that as possible, to give more reaction time. I hadn't thought about the stripes coming across like that, I always assumed it was a ray from a random point through the raid. I think that information alone will make them easier to dodge.

Either way, I'm afraid it's unlikely I'll see her again before she gets locked down. Tonight is "attune tryouts so we can get them integrated before Sunwell rather than during it" night. =(

Also - does anyone know the exact range on gas nova and the aura? We had some people outrange it while throwing 36 yard lightning bolts, and healers claiming they couldn't outrange it with 40 yard heals (even when we faced the boss toward the raid, so they'd be > 40 from the boss). It seems like with the scaling problems, her hit box extends through the MT, causing some very odd range scenarios.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:53 pm

I'm going to base our attempts tonight on the presumption that nothing is going to be outrangeable, as it just seems like cheesing the encounter, even if it's the key to beating the current version. We've got 2 hours to kill on the PTR tonight before we split into bear runs, so heres to hoping I get some good information.
Cakes

Postby krazzi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:00 pm

40 yards. We put our MT healers directly behind the MT at max range so they didnt get hit by the aura and we had our DPS spread out behind.

You have to be really careful with the range though, I was on MT healing our first few attempts and it's very difficult to do it correctly.

We should be in there again tonight so we'll see how it goes.
krazzi

Postby Aetherial » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:11 pm

Corrosion cannot be spell-reflected.
Aetherial

Postby Cakes » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:36 am

PTRs down for the loss. Even rushed home to log on :(
Cakes

Postby Bettiepage » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:35 am

Cakes wrote:PTRs down for the loss. Even rushed home to log on :(

Are they Patching 2.4 today?
I am the arm of the Light in battle. I know my path, can you say the same?
Bettiepage

Postby Warrender » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:56 am

Bettiepage wrote:
Cakes wrote:PTRs down for the loss. Even rushed home to log on :(

Are they Patching 2.4 today?

I sincerely doubt it judging by the current state of the PTR patch.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Splug » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:07 am

Warrender wrote:I sincerely doubt it judging by the current state of the PTR patch.

What, you mean we weren't supposed to have 50 foot tall pets and 5 foot nothing tauren?!

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby rozakk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:00 am

this fight is basically the one in sunwell that guilds without prot paladins will have one of their holy's respec for =p
rozakk

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau