Remove Advertisements

Question on Brutallus

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Question on Brutallus

Postby lusisia » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:49 am

So the latest cries at the PTR forum are about how much damage this guy can do. In all the screenshots I've seen, the warriors have shield block down when they die.

Being that he's a dual-wielder, is this a more pally friendly fight? I mean, sure the numbers are INSANE, but when I see 4k,4k,6k and then 10-12k hits, that only makes me wonder if it's a crushing blow issue.

Then again warrior tanks at this gear level are passively uncrushable for the most part, right?
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Atreidies » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:11 am

No, warriors at that gear level aren't passively uncrushable, they wouldn't have anywhere near the HP to tank him in a setup like that. Furthermore Brutallus cannot crush and there's a Sunwell Plateau forum now.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby lusisia » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:13 am

Atreidies wrote:No, warriors at that gear level aren't passively uncrushable, they wouldn't have anywhere near the HP to tank him in a setup like that. Furthermore Brutallus cannot crush and there's a Sunwell Plateau forum now.

Ahh cool thanks. Lore et. al. feel free to delete/lock. I wasn't aware that we finally got a Sunwell forum. I know it was up in the air for a while.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:14 am

Anyway, usually at that level of gear warriors are "close" to uncrushable (5-6% off) but not passively uncrushable. They can swap items for uncrushabilty but ofc lose in HP.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aalryn » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:28 am

brutalus is imbalanced right now. We were banging our heads against him last night and there was just nothing you could do when your tanks can regularly take a 20k hp string of hits over the course of 1 second.

No one has downed him since v3 without him bugging out.

Edit: in addition to his normal attacks he has many specials. The 10k hits are probably his stomps.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby fafhrd » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Worldie wrote:Anyway, usually at that level of gear warriors are "close" to uncrushable (5-6% off) but not passively uncrushable. They can swap items for uncrushabilty but ofc lose in HP.

5-6% off before scorpid sting/insect swarm or after :o?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:47 pm

Our MT raidbuffed is like 1% off it without counting debuffs iirc, but he's almost full t6 already.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jonlo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:49 pm

From Tigole:

I wanted to give everyone a head's up that we'll be disabling the Sunwell Raid zone on the PTR until we our next PTR patch (which will be very soon!).

We're applying a hotfix right now that will accomplish this.

The testing on the PTR has been excellent and we greatly appreciate all of the hard work you guys are doing. You're going to help us to make the zone great!

Kalecgos is close enough that we can finish off testing him internally at this point. Brutallus will get a minor change next patch (stomp removes burn). We'll do brief testing on him next patch and then disable him. Felmyst and the Eredar Twins both get major changes next patch. The oh-so-compelling, non-boss mobs also get a good deal of tuning in the next patch.

Thanks again and we'll see the Sunwell Raiding folks in a day or two!
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Neuron » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:25 pm

i noticed the same thing regarding the OP from screenshots of combat logs. apparently brutalus' attack speed is too fast to use shield block on every attack. still, generally higher avoidance with equal stamina, higher magical damage mitigation, and last stand + shield wall make me question if you can just state its better due to attack speed.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Return to Sunwell Plateau