Remove Advertisements

Brutallus

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:33 pm

Well for safety reason i wasn't using sanctity aura but devotion instead (couldn't get a holy paladin in my party due to horrible setup as you might see from the wws), plus i most of the time i forgot to dump mana with RF... i'm fairly sure i can get way more than that.

According to omen, i was always around 1100 TPS, spiking with 1400-1500 on judgements/exorcisms, and i grabbed some 2300-2400 with wings.

If next time i can menage a holy paladin in party, i'd guess i'll get out some ridicolous numbers.

Btw

I'm druid for real you :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby DJSticky » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:09 am

I"m usually ret for the fight aswell but our warrior was sick on Weds so I tanked Brut and Felmyst.

40/21
35 dodge (or around there I forget)
19 parry
12miss or so pre SWR
21k armor
530 spell damage
all unbuffed.

Had totems and imp but no commanding. Died a few times 'cause I nubbed it up and taunted into stomp, after that a clean kill. I averaged 1k to 1.2k tps, 1.8k+ under AW a few 2k+s with wings on judge/exo crits. Chain iron shields and alternated pocketwatch and Nightmare seeds for stomps.

Felmyst was fine aswell, same kit pretty much just swapped pocketwatch for DM:V. Died twice to a cleave right after corrosion but other wipes were due to other members boarding the failboat.

Here's the WWS http://wowwebstats.com/hvvcs5zov33eg
DJSticky

Postby Elline » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:08 am

Worldie wrote:40/21 worked, screw AD :)

Going to check WWS later... according to recount i took some more damage than my war counterpart , but thare's a shield wall and my enraged hits in the account tho... and a 100k meteor slash on me :)

edit: WWS -> http://wowwebstats.com/j2gpjqjutx5dm?s=12066-44088
112k Meteor Slash is srs business!

Tanked successfully on progression kill last night http://wowwebstats.com/w4zfgvnuzxqnk?s=147017-179625

I do notice a ~550 difference in average physical damage taken by me+warrior compared to your wws.Are the both of you using major defense elixirs?

I opted for fort flasks to get defense cap, and switched between Divine purpose/lightbringer on stomps and taunts.
Elline

Postby DJSticky » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:11 pm

Elline wrote:Tanked successfully on progression kill last night http://wowwebstats.com/w4zfgvnuzxqnk?s=147017-179625

I do notice a ~550 difference in average physical damage taken by me+warrior compared to your wws.Are the both of you using major defense elixirs?

I opted for fort flasks to get defense cap, and switched between Divine purpose/lightbringer on stomps and taunts.

I used a Fort flask, looking back on it I would most likely use Def/agi.
DJSticky

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Elline wrote:I do notice a ~550 difference in average physical damage taken by me+warrior compared to your wws.Are the both of you using major defense elixirs?

Actually not, i was using major agi + major def, he was using flask of fort.

Plus i got way bigger block value than him too.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amran20 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:00 pm

Hey, sweet. We finally got our first Brutallus one-shot today. Our MT is on vacation too, so this means I get my first crack at Twins. Mmmm.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Mithos » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:13 am

Hmm, the WWS TPS analyser tells me on average I am getting 1.1k TPS on brut, but ofc half the fight I don't have aggro and am only lightly TPSing him whilst preparing to take aggro back. Also I never really see omen say below 1400, spikes up to 3.5k with wings sometimes.

One could probably get some sick numbers as 40/21.
Mithos

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:33 am

I put together a Brutallus Video from this week's kill and analyzed the threat on my Omen:

The average active TPS on Brutallus was ~1350 with 1 MD total
(1656 unless you adjust for incorrect treatment of paladin taunts) My active threat on Brutallus (5/9 rounds) was 1417-1516 TPS with 0/46/15 and moderate amounts of RF in rotation, dropping mana as low as possible before each taunt (variation due to up to 15k of MD threat)

So I was once skeptical of our advantage on this fight considering our lack of emergency buttons, but damn. Not only can you provide the 3% crit debuff for a group lacking a retadin, but you can crank out ridiculous threat ~1600 TPS if you can find a way to fit in a retadin's group. The only real obstacle here is having the proper gear for the fight, but if you have a Bulwark you're probably already there.

Also, looking at WWS for the first time Holy Shield is my #1 threat generating ability. Fast hits are fast.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Mithos » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:21 am

Yup Holy Shield is king here, I found my threat going way higher when I prioritised it over other things when cooldowns started to clash in my cycle. Looking at *every* single WWS of me in this fight shows that Holy Shield is always top, even when I skipped it for a few seconds to do other things.

Also for the first time ever SoV was nice to me last night...I would burn mana and prep a 5 stack of vengeance on him whilst I wasn't tanking. I would then cast frizbee just before stomp and taunt before frizbee hit him, as his central hitbox is actually quite far away from where tanks end up standing (I only thought of this recently, however).

This means that immediately after taunting, Brut gets hit by a frizbee, exorcism, a JoR, with holy shield/consecrate already prepped and a ticking 5 stack of SoV. For 1 or 2 tanking periods I actually managed to seal weave on him for the first time without proc chances royally screwing it up, the threat was very nice to say the least. Now all that is needed is SoV/B to be trainble for both factions and SoV being a bit reworked...

I am looking forward to trying patchwerk at 80. I tanked him at 70 in T4 ish level gear and he hits so god damn fast, maybe even as fast or faster than Brut, I remember my threat being completely unstoppable compared to anythign I have seen myself output at that stage.
Mithos

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:18 pm

Heh. Hopefully in WotLK you'll actually have to hold aggro on Patchwerk. Otherwise it'd be about as engaging as OTing Mother and not being allowed to attack.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Dragonzbane » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:47 pm

So, I should finally be getting a shot at tanking him on Sunday and I just want to verify a couple of things with you guys.

My gear:
http://armorylite.com/us/kHadgar/dragonzbane

I have some pvp stuff on so switch:
Neck: Darkener's
Back: Slick's (Defense)
R1: Eternal Defender
R2: Sundered Souls
T1: SMI

1st a couple of gear questions:
- Should I buy the Badge to use instead of Eternal Defender so I use Armor Scrolls?

- Should I use the Pocket Watch or Scarab instead of the Commendation?

- Should I use Lightbringer or Repentence?

For Consumables I'm going with Wizard Oil and Crawdads.

- Should I used a Flask or Armor/Agi Elixirs?

- Will it matter if I'm first or second in the rotation?

We pretty much have this guy on farm so there shouldn't be too many issues to worry about aside from it being my first time seeing the fight.
The only thing is that our Dual Glaive rogue transfered so our DPS will be down a little as he's replaced witha single Glaive Rogue. Though we've been downing him with a couple seconds to spare so we should be okay.

The other tank will be either a Warrior or Druid and I might have a say in who I'd rather tank with. We will most likely have a Fury and Arms warrior in the raid so Debuffs shouldn't be an issue when I'm up.

Thoughts/suggestions/general advice?

Thanks
Dragonzbane

Postby Ryu » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:54 pm

I use the Moroes' trink next to my Commendation, and use the BT libram.

So that gives me Trinket use and Seed rotations whilst keeping ironshields up, works like a charm.
Ryu

Postby Lucit » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:27 pm

PsiVen wrote:Heh. Hopefully in WotLK you'll actually have to hold aggro on Patchwerk. Otherwise it'd be about as engaging as OTing Mother and not being allowed to attack.

Hey, if you go afk long enough you'll lose PW to an offtank... not that it matters.
Lucit

Postby Elsie » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:29 am

1st a couple of gear questions:
- Should I buy the Badge to use instead of Eternal Defender so I use Armor Scrolls?

- Should I use the Pocket Watch or Scarab instead of the Commendation?

- Should I use Lightbringer or Repentence?

For Consumables I'm going with Wizard Oil and Crawdads.

- Should I used a Flask or Armor/Agi Elixirs?

- Will it matter if I'm first or second in the rotation?

1. Up to you
2. Many, including Lore and I, prefer Insignia + Pocket watch. Definitely use pocket watch over scarab since it will last the entire stomp.
3. Libram of Divine Purpose... unless your gear sucks or you have a ret paladin (then use sharaz libram).

I use crawdads, tons of iron shields, and a flask since you're likely to die a lot.

It's better to go second since the first has to rotate him into position which I find a pain in the ass with my cooldowns. Also it assures you can Avenging Wrath easily when it gets to you.
Elsie

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:59 am

The best libram for this fight is Shahraz libram, there's absolutely no discussion regarding this. The mitigation it gives is HUGE.

If you can buy the badge ring, use it over Hyjal one, simply cause it has armor, and more avoidance.

Oh and, if your strategy includes a ranged taunt at the end from a paladin, and that paladin is you, you have to be the first one.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau