Remove Advertisements

Brutallus

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Vandril » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:37 am

And more Armor, numbers seems a little too high :?
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby Tisiphone » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:38 am

Cakes wrote:
Tisiphone wrote:
QuantumDelta wrote:21:32'33.781 Brutallus's Stomp hits Nickolaas for 5894 Physical damage
21:32'33.781 Brutallus's Swing hits Nickolaas for 11632 Physical damage (367 blocked)
21:32'33.781 Brutallus's Swing hits Nickolaas for 4789 Physical damage (367 blocked)

6 times in 1 night.
I hate this boss.

22315 damage in one moment. Healers' fault then.

It's healer's fault the tank didn't have more than 22315 health?

Well, I don't believe he didn't have that fully buffed. So I assumed it was healers not topping off. But mmm yeah... without 22.5k I wouldn't try this fight.

Amran20 wrote:Clearly more avoidance is needed >_>

And how exactly is that? Would you rely on dodging one of TWO hits to stay alive?
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Morendin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:12 am

We've just started brutallis, got about 40 minutes of attempts in after killing kalec. I read that AD is useless because he swings MH/OH at the same time, or at least inside the time required for the server to check for AD and mitigate the OH hit. however, looking at WWS, we consistently have a half second lag between offhand and mainhand hits, though they synch often...has anyone else seen this? if it's not just lag on the loggers part, that would be very good news.

He seems to start unsynched, and synch on Meteor Slash, though I also have a parse where he(while synched) only used one hand immediately before a meteor slash(dodged it, so I don't know if it was MH or OH), which seems...odd if they're truly synched on the server.

Does anyone have more data on what AD truly does in this fight?
Morendin

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:21 am

Ad isn't "useless", it's unreliable, since most of the times the burst is so quick that it doesn't have the time to "proc"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:21 pm

I tanked this fight last night with 21000 no-warrior hp and it worked out fine. I did get commanding during stomp and rotate nightmare seeds/shadowmoon insignia / pocket watch.

I did, however, get to tank this fight with ret paladin / arms warrior / enhancement shaman / rogue in my party. I'd definitely recommend such a party (other tank was a druid in a shaman/hunter x3 party) once you have him on farm mode.
Elsie

Postby Ryuusuke » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:13 am

Freaking Awesome!
Tanked Brutallus past evening. This fight really turns me on xD I had no problems with Taunt-resists or whatever and i don't have really much hit at all.
Here's the WWS > http://wowwebstats.com/2i2ccaa1q3rtk

Healers didn't complain so i guess i'm fine. Though i need to be onTop 100% of the time. I died 2 tries with around 27k dmg and only one heal incoming. These are times where the 2-3k more healthpoints would benefit.
As for try 1 and 4 i was topped off all along and he went down!

DDlers liked my TPS, i got my belt and the neck, so as for now guildies can choose as for TPS or more HP =)

I tanked with my current Gear, only differences:
Necklace was Badge-Neck with Hit
Belt was the Warrior-Belt from BT
I guess i was at 21.3k buffed, though i really don't remember exactly!
Ryuusuke

Postby Morendin » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:31 am

yeah, this fight is awesome...with me starting, our DPS are under orders to go all out immediately, with destro/haste pots on the pull and a heroism for the melee about 15 seconds in...and I still hand a 20k+ threat lead to the warrior
Morendin

Postby Baelor » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:51 am

Aight, positioning problems. How far from each other do the tanks need to be? How close does someone need to be to spread a burn? And how do you guys usually position your melee group? With 6 melee (2x rogue, 1x fury warrior, 1x ret paladin, 1x kitty druid), we were having to split into 2 rows of 3, and the front 3 had to shift every time Brutallus got taunted to get out of his frontal arc and avoid getting parried. The movement proved dangerous, as a burn while moving is easily transferred if one moves to far. How should the melee group set up?
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:08 am

You literally have to be hugging the other person to spread Burn, it's like 2 yds.

For the melees, we simply spread behind him. You really got enough space to not get parried anyway. The hitbox is bigger than it might seemb.

We often did with 6 melees (arms war, ret pala, 3 rogue, enh shaman), for us we had the war in tank group since he was there mostly as debuffer rather than as DPS.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:30 am

Baelor wrote:Aight, positioning problems. How far from each other do the tanks need to be? How close does someone need to be to spread a burn? And how do you guys usually position your melee group? With 6 melee (2x rogue, 1x fury warrior, 1x ret paladin, 1x kitty druid), we were having to split into 2 rows of 3, and the front 3 had to shift every time Brutallus got taunted to get out of his frontal arc and avoid getting parried. The movement proved dangerous, as a burn while moving is easily transferred if one moves to far. How should the melee group set up?
Tanks should be at roughly a 120 degree angle around Brut. The melee pile should be centered around a 120-degree arc from both sides. Burns spread at extremely close distances only. Like, maybe one tauren-width or less. Our melee go three deep by two wide if we only have six, and I know from personal experience that orcs can reach from the back (meaning anyone else can too, except maybe gnomes?). Also, keep in mind that if the melee are set up to always be behind him, they can just stand there without having to move if burned: you can pack in at just past burn-pass distance without fear of having to find a way out.

I believe we've gotten as many as 8 melee on him at one point, and we used a staggered formation:
Code: Select all
x x x    >
x x   ->>> Brutallus
x x x    >
But the guys in the back for that had to be tauren, since the distance between a player and the guy behind him is slightly more.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Morendin » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:52 am

We're having one other problem with positioning:
How do we get commanding Shout refreshed on me without risking one of us taking an extra slash or getting/spreading burn when one of us runs through the 'box' of soakers around us?
I have 20,837 HP without Commanding Shout(as I can't use DMC:V without taking un-trinket'd Stomps)
I have a WWS of him dealing 21000 damage instantly with stomp->MH/OH...I lived, only to be killed by the followup MH/OH, but that's completely unsurvivable if I don't have CS...
any suggestions would be very helpful :)
Morendin

Postby Baelor » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:19 pm

Splug wrote:
Baelor wrote:Aight, positioning problems. How far from each other do the tanks need to be? How close does someone need to be to spread a burn? And how do you guys usually position your melee group? With 6 melee (2x rogue, 1x fury warrior, 1x ret paladin, 1x kitty druid), we were having to split into 2 rows of 3, and the front 3 had to shift every time Brutallus got taunted to get out of his frontal arc and avoid getting parried. The movement proved dangerous, as a burn while moving is easily transferred if one moves to far. How should the melee group set up?
Tanks should be at roughly a 120 degree angle around Brut. The melee pile should be centered around a 120-degree arc from both sides. Burns spread at extremely close distances only. Like, maybe one tauren-width or less. Our melee go three deep by two wide if we only have six, and I know from personal experience that orcs can reach from the back (meaning anyone else can too, except maybe gnomes?). Also, keep in mind that if the melee are set up to always be behind him, they can just stand there without having to move if burned: you can pack in at just past burn-pass distance without fear of having to find a way out.

I believe we've gotten as many as 8 melee on him at one point, and we used a staggered formation:
Code: Select all
x x x    >
x x   ->>> Brutallus
x x x    >
But the guys in the back for that had to be tauren, since the distance between a player and the guy behind him is slightly more.

-Splug

Gorram overpowered Horde and their gi-normous avatars.

Thanks for the tips Splug, going to see if I can get the melee to get in a little tighter.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Splug » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:15 pm

No problem. I'm not sure if you can take the opposite route and pack the gnomes in closer instead or something, but yeah - right now we ride off the broken Tauren hit box to reach Brut if we need to fit 8 people in. As mentioned, three rows is doable with 6 non-tauren melee easily - I could reach from the back as an orc.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Converse » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:16 pm

Hello,
If any1 has a link or a FRAPS of them tanking a successful kill I would very much love to see it. Especially from the Tankadins PoV
Vanilla - Kel'thuzad
TBC - 5/6 SWP
WotlK - TBA
Converse

Postby Ryuusuke » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:26 pm

Morendin wrote:We're having one other problem with positioning:
How do we get commanding Shout refreshed on me without risking one of us taking an extra slash or getting/spreading burn when one of us runs through the 'box' of soakers around us?
I have 20,837 HP without Commanding Shout(as I can't use DMC:V without taking un-trinket'd Stomps)
I have a WWS of him dealing 21000 damage instantly with stomp->MH/OH...I lived, only to be killed by the followup MH/OH, but that's completely unsurvivable if I don't have CS...
any suggestions would be very helpful :)

20.8k is a bit low, as you've mentioned... Well, you COULD time the CS's between two slashes, however i wasn't in need of a shout (was at 21.2k or so...)
Though you NEED to drin ironshield stuff, with this i can't see how you can possibly die when healers are aware and have you topped off, always!
Ryuusuke

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau