Brutallus

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Neuron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:53 pm

Any combination of the kael trinket, hydross trinket, moroes trinket or the BB trinket is pretty good. The moroes trinket really, really shines because of its cooldown time. You really want the extra avoidance during stomp. But I would not worry too much about exactly which trinkets you use.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:58 pm

Janduin wrote:

Isn't the loss of 700 HP too much, i mean, i barely get to 23k like this already, how you get to 24k without it O.o

This is what I want to know. How the hell do you get to 24K HP raid buffed with 2 avoidance trinkets equipped? My gear is pretty solid I think...any buffs glaringly missing from this list?

Kings, Fort, GoTW, 30 stam food buff, Commanding Shout

Do you run with an affliction warlock? Imp could help, as could the physical damage reduction.

I have imp sometimes, not all the time. I'm pretty sure I was at 24.1k hp last night with Commanding Shout up. I've gotta run home from work, I'll check things in a few.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Uhm well you got 1k more unbuffed HP than me, and i get 23k with CS and no imp, so i assume it's possible
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tisiphone » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:37 pm

Well I've never seen why paladins would take cloak from Hyjal, ring from Supremus or neck from RoS. That is where they get that extra 200 HP or so, but the trading 1% dodge for 1% melee hit is uhm... weird.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Worldie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Past 800 spelldamage, hit and expertise get slightly more effective than additional spelldamage when it comes to threat generation.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:48 pm

Melee hit is a very good thing when your taunt is on a 15-second cooldown.

The reason I used 24k hp was because that's about the top end of Brutallus' instant damage capabilities. Stomp can occur at the same time as one of his attacks, and a 10k mainhand + 5k offhand + 9k stomp will make you splat in a hurry. He has to be really lucky to pull it off, but I've had it happen. That 24k number can include nightmare seeds/trinkets so if you plan on using something like the Shadowmoon Insignia you can be a little under.

My point with that statement was that as long as you're getting over that point, adding more HP doesn't really help much. If you're not getting completely topped off between melee hits, you're going to die during stomp, regardless of whether you die by 8k or 7.5k damage.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:48 pm

Worldie wrote:Past 800 spelldamage, hit and expertise get slightly more effective than additional spelldamage when it comes to threat generation.

Expertise does, hit is only half as effective as expertise for threat gen.

It's still a decent threat boost though, and fewer taunt resists is worth it I think.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lucit » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:51 pm

Lore wrote:Melee hit is a very good thing when your taunt is on a 15-second cooldown.

The reason I used 24k hp was because that's about the top end of Brutallus' instant damage capabilities. Stomp can occur at the same time as one of his attacks, and a 10k mainhand + 5k offhand + 9k stomp will make you splat in a hurry. He has to be really lucky to pull it off, but I've had it happen. That 24k number can include nightmare seeds/trinkets so if you plan on using something like the Shadowmoon Insignia you can be a little under.

My point with that statement was that as long as you're getting over that point, adding more HP doesn't really help much. If you're not getting completely topped off between melee hits, you're going to die during stomp, regardless of whether you die by 8k or 7.5k damage.

Stomp hits for ~6k max - I consistently tank the fight with maybe 21.5k health, no problems.

Also, hit rating won't help with taunt resists on Brutallus.
Lucit

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:59 pm

Hit rating definitely does help. He has a minimum resist chance that you can't get through, but until that point, hit rating will help.

And I wasn't making up the stomp numbers, I've been hit by stomps in the upper 8k's. That plus upper-range mainhand/offhand hit 1-shot me one night, it's why I bring this whole thing up.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Tisiphone » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:31 pm

Lore wrote:Hit rating definitely does help. He has a minimum resist chance that you can't get through, but until that point, hit rating will help.

Didn't elitistjerks prove he has minimum resist chance by itself with no hit rating involved?
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Lucit » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:50 pm

Lore wrote:Hit rating definitely does help. He has a minimum resist chance that you can't get through, but until that point, hit rating will help.

And I wasn't making up the stomp numbers, I've been hit by stomps in the upper 8k's. That plus upper-range mainhand/offhand hit 1-shot me one night, it's why I bring this whole thing up.

I use no special hit gear on Brutallus and hardly ever see taunt resist. I'm pretty sure he just has a base 1% chance to resist taunt.

Do you have WWS for that stomp? I'm not convinced an 8k stomp is even *possible*.

http://wowwebstats.com/kgozhrppgm36c?ab=45185
http://wowwebstats.com/2slcwogwbaq5o?ab=45185
http://wowwebstats.com/ugxhf2jybwqpu?ab=45185
Lucit

Postby Lore » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:03 pm

I'll watch for them, they happen frequently enough I never thought I'd need to screenshot it.

WWS is being slow at the moment so I can't pull up your links, but average hit doesn't really mean anything for the purposes of maximum burst potential.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Aetherial » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Maybe without Ironshields... but I'll second Lucit on that, I've never seen a Stomp for more than 6800 or so.
Aetherial

Postby Rokh » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:00 pm

on topic of trinkets, i also have trouble chooseing my 2.

I Am a JC'er and was wondering if the Epic dodge trinket is better than say the trinket off hydros or moros?

For most easy bosses i run Commendation+Crimson serpent.

For hard/progression bosses i run Commendation+Empryian Tortus.

My question is, should i replace the tortus with moros or AAA or hydros? o have all of them chilling in the bank.

armory link if that helps

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... cus&n=Rokh
Rokh

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:11 pm

Lore wrote:I'll watch for them, they happen frequently enough I never thought I'd need to screenshot it.

WWS is being slow at the moment so I can't pull up your links, but average hit doesn't really mean anything for the purposes of maximum burst potential.

WWS records max as well as average hits for abilities, including stomp.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau