Remove Advertisements

Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby kartera » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:20 am

Why dodge?
freeaction-potion makes you immun to stun effects + the stundmg too.
since corrupting strike is a knockdown dmg effect it should be negated ...
kartera

Postby Gerilith » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:24 am

kartera wrote:Why dodge?
freeaction-potion makes you immun to stun effects + the stundmg too.
since corrupting strike is a knockdown dmg effect it should be negated ...

Not using Ironshields over FAP is....stupid.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Tisiphone » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:25 am

What are the benefits of solo-tanking Kalecgos? It just seems like more job for healers.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Afraithe » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:40 am

Except that there is absolutely no question on what they should be casting a heal on the FIRST thing when they out of the demon realm.

It's one less tank switch, I have strong beliefs in tactics that make things simpler for healers, cause they seem to adapt slower than others ;)
Afraithe

Postby Questioner » Fri May 02, 2008 8:29 am

Anybody have any ideas on what is screwing us over on portals? We have the fight down pretty well but we always lose to a portal not spawning. Nobody is allowed to stand outside of the center ring. We tried no totems, no pets, no noncombat pets, you name it. It is really frustrating when that seems to be all that is holding us back.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby knaughty » Tue May 06, 2008 5:03 pm

How tough is the enrage?

We had Kalec at 20% last week with a shitty raid makeup (for example: me healing in my leet T-4/T-5 healing gear the first time I'd ever had talent points in the Holy tree....) So we're expecting to get to the enrage this week... and maybe kill him, unsure how hard the enrage is.

We're a little light gear, as we've only been killing Illidan a month, so we're going with 2 tanks, 10 healers. Less than 3 healers in dragon realm = dead tank, thus the massive stacking of healers. Last week we sort of managed with 8½. Well, maybe the tankadin specced holy is worth more than "half", but my healing set still includes a lot of Kara gear - think "1850 +heal buffed" vs 2300-2500 for our "real" healers.

Back on topic: The first 90% is all about control and execution - how tough is the 10% enrage? We're keeping the two mobs within 5% of each other, and human Kalec is mostly OK even though we only have two tanks. I'm concerned that tanks & human form will go splutch during the enrage...
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Cakes » Tue May 06, 2008 5:37 pm

I won't lie, enrage is rough. However, in the scheme of things, it's only 10%. Several things to consider: if you're comfortable doing 2 tanks, continue to do so. However, be mindful that when enrage comes, human form Kalec CANNOT tank. He will get the tar beaten out of him, and there have been way too many 1-2% dragon wipes that we've had simply from him dying.

Your dps balance sounds fine, although I'd recommend saving a few tricks for the last 10% on the demon if I were your dps. Having him banished and people in the demon realm twiddling their thumbs is generally a good thing because they aren't taking massive amounts of damage. Also, you have to monitor portals more because you don't want someone taking a portal down when the demon is at 1% because they'll just sit there for a full minute doing nothing.

As for tanks, they both hit really, really hard. At this point, your mages and druids are doing tons of decursing, so you might have less dps and even less healing depending on how many resto druids you have. It's time for your raid healers to start focusing more on the tank and less on the raid. I'll just say that it gets really chaotic and really fun in the last minute or so of the fight.
Cakes

Postby Katamai » Tue May 06, 2008 5:39 pm

Knaughty wrote:How tough is the enrage?

We had Kalec at 20% last week with a shitty raid makeup (for example: me healing in my leet T-4/T-5 healing gear the first time I'd ever had talent points in the Holy tree....) So we're expecting to get to the enrage this week... and maybe kill him, unsure how hard the enrage is.

We're a little light gear, as we've only been killing Illidan a month, so we're going with 2 tanks, 10 healers. Less than 3 healers in dragon realm = dead tank, thus the massive stacking of healers. Last week we sort of managed with 8½. Well, maybe the tankadin specced holy is worth more than "half", but my healing set still includes a lot of Kara gear - think "1850 +heal buffed" vs 2300-2500 for our "real" healers.

Back on topic: The first 90% is all about control and execution - how tough is the 10% enrage? We're keeping the two mobs within 5% of each other, and human Kalec is mostly OK even though we only have two tanks. I'm concerned that tanks & human form will go splutch during the enrage...

Bring one more tank, it'll make everyone's life much easier.

They both hit like a truck when enraged but it's nothing impossible to live through. Trinket and a bit more focus from healers and things should be ok. From what i can remember, dragon actually hit me harder when enraged (i'd have to check WWS) than the demon did. At 10% we usuallu have people pop the HS if they haven't used it before, all healers focus on tanks and just burn the sucker down.

On our first couple kills one tank would almost always die on enrage but now that healers are ready for dmg input, it's not a problem anymore.

PS wtb Shield Wall, it makes enrage almost a non-issue :/
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Worldie » Tue May 06, 2008 6:33 pm

I'd say that Enrages... heh... make sure you are on the Demon at that time so even if you die (and you will most likely die unless you got exceptional healers/dps) Kalecgos will grab it instead of a dragon going around oneshotting DPS...

We finally got to enrage last time, i wanted a bit to cry when i got 2shotted by 2x 12k+ hits.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Tue May 06, 2008 11:51 pm

In case it helps (no guarantees that it will), here's the footage of our kill two weeks ago:

link

It's unedited and the vent conversation is left in on purpose. The fight can unravel pretty quickly, as I'm sure you are aware of by now, but there are a lot of things you can do midfight to keep things in control if you're smart about it. Plus, you also get to see me fly in and save the day at the very end. To give you an idea of how hard the dragon hits (you can't quite see it in the movie because the target frame is obscured), I hit 46 health remaining twice in the last few seconds.
Cakes

Postby Morganim » Wed May 07, 2008 7:31 am

enrages arent fun
Dragon this week munched my face something fierce
Demon last week pounded me into the ground, not sure if he stunned me but if he did thats what probably did it.

Although dont fret, he facepwns warriors and druids just as hard :P.

When we had 2 warrriors + me, war on demon walled, war taunted dragon off me and walled = easy

when we had me + war + druid

War walled what he had, druid blew 2 dodge/agi trinkets and prayed when he died i taunted and used moroes, then holy pally Imp LoH me then i LoH myself :P

edit: with irnoshield + imp LoH + inpsiration and all taht im pretty sure i was at 75% reduction and it was still 10k hits
Morganim

Postby Splug » Wed May 07, 2008 9:39 am

The enrage is brutal, but the thing to watch for is to make sure you don't make it any more difficult than it has to be. The damage output ramps up as you do damage to them. If you have to cut damage on Kalecgos to kill Sathrovarr faster, do it while they're both at 10%, not when Kalec is at 1% and packing serious heat.

Once the demon shuts down, abort the portal rotations and zerg Kalecgos down. He doesn't have much health, so trinkets/cooldowns should all fly for the big finale. If tanks die, remember that he's tauntable, but if healing's not ready you only get two swings. If the tanks all die but most of the raid is up and outside, doing 5% damage on the dragon as he runs around chasing evasion rogues and ice blocks is not unreasonable. It's just... really, really stressful.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Blodo » Wed May 07, 2008 4:56 pm

Hello all, this is likely my first post on this forums, but have been checking many of the Topics long time.

So my guild working on SWP now and have been some problems whit ppl showing up and so on, yeye whateva, not improtant now for this reply.

Well some days ago my GM asked me if I wanna tank Kaelcgos (Dragon form), they said they gonna gear me up whit better protection gear (Prot is my offspecc) and said to me get some AR gear for the fight also, cus im gonna tank the Dragon form whole fight. So i accepted the offer and got some gear now and soon i will have a good set of gear for the fight, but my thoughts have flew around the AR gear, like how much AR do i need actually? And i still need the Defense (490) and the avoidance (102.5) for the boss right? Ye last question was maybe noob question, but ye, have not looked so much into Protection atm.

So it would be nice whit some help, now feeling a bit unsure, dunno what AR gear to aim for and how much i really need. So If u are a Prot paladin who's maybe solo tanked the Dragon form, maybe can give some tips and how to gear up for the fight and things like that =)

PS. My english ain't so good :P Hope u understand
Blodo

Postby Katamai » Wed May 07, 2008 5:11 pm

Blodo wrote:Hello all, this is likely my first post on this forums, but have been checking many of the Topics long time.

So my guild working on SWP now and have been some problems whit ppl showing up and so on, yeye whateva, not improtant now for this reply.

Well some days ago my GM asked me if I wanna tank Kaelcgos (Dragon form), they said they gonna gear me up whit better protection gear (Prot is my offspecc) and said to me get some AR gear for the fight also, cus im gonna tank the Dragon form whole fight. So i accepted the offer and got some gear now and soon i will have a good set of gear for the fight, but my thoughts have flew around the AR gear, like how much AR do i need actually? And i still need the Defense (490) and the avoidance (102.5) for the boss right? Ye last question was maybe noob question, but ye, have not looked so much into Protection atm.

So it would be nice whit some help, now feeling a bit unsure, dunno what AR gear to aim for and how much i really need. So If u are a Prot paladin who's maybe solo tanked the Dragon form, maybe can give some tips and how to gear up for the fight and things like that =)

PS. My english ain't so good :P Hope u understand

490 defense is MINIMUM, you should know that.
You probably won't get gear good enough to reach SWP crushing immunity but normal crushing immunity should not even be a minimum, it should be above that.

As for AR gear, i still believe it's a dumb idea and my guild abandoned that idea at the strategy level. It certainly won't help you surviving enrage which will happen.

Look at my gear and replace Sword breaker's bulwark with Azzinoth and Lightbringer bracers with Sunseeker's wristguards and you'll have a rough idea what gear to aim for. I'm sure people have done it with worse gear but it will certainly be harder for you since you have no experience with tanking. That alone is a huge hurdle i hope you'll overcome but don't expect to do it well in one or 20 tries. It will take you some time so i suggest to go and tank BT or whatever you guys are working on to get into the tanking mindset.

Linking your current gear at the very least would be helpful if you want more advice.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Ryu » Wed May 07, 2008 5:16 pm

You don't need to be uncrushable for Kalecgos afaik.

And yeah, the AR tactic isn't the best of ideas, but if your guild is really set on trying it, go for 120-150 AR.
Ryu

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau