Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Neuron » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:58 am

Well, don't forget about the random debuff you can get that reduces hit chance. I think it is vital enough to call this out on voicecomm. Calling it out lets dps be aware of the potential loss of aggro and lets healers know that taunt may get resisted.

I have witnessed a very significant number of taunts get resisted in comparison to other fights.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby strydaris » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:26 am

I dont think I read this in here but has anyone come across not being able to use a portal?

I have had trouble a few times going into the portal and I dont know if its because only 1 person at a time can use the portal or if its just a bad positioning of my camera making me not be able to click it properly.
strydaris

Postby Hollyhell » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:42 am

strydaris wrote:I dont think I read this in here but has anyone come across not being able to use a portal?

I have had trouble a few times going into the portal and I dont know if its because only 1 person at a time can use the portal or if its just a bad positioning of my camera making me not be able to click it properly.

I just took to spam clicking them.
Hollyhell

Postby Novara » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:43 am

strydaris wrote:I dont think I read this in here but has anyone come across not being able to use a portal?

You really need to spam click it in different areas if your having trouble getting in. I have the same problem and found that when I click the lower edge it works better. Not sure if this is because I run with lower graphic settings on these fights or just an issue with the portals themselves.
Novara

Postby hamato » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:48 am

The portals have a cooldown after someone clicks them.
hamato

Postby Oramac » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:07 am

also, it helps to zoom in close to your character for clicking the port. i did the first couple attempts zoomed out and couldnt click the port for shit. im considering goin to first person to click ports next time.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Morganim » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:01 am

20% wipes for antoher week make baby jesus cry

/emo
/emo
/emo
Morganim

Postby Hankthetank » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:10 am

Do you guys run 2 tanks or 3 for Kalecgos? I thought 3 was ideal but our guild tries to be stubborn about running a 2-tank rotation (which leads to a log of non-tanked demon time)

We've had several attempts which ended due to human Kalecgos dying. :(
Hankthetank

Postby Worldie » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:32 am

Basically impossible to do with 2. Kalecgos will die.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Warrender » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:34 am

Hankthetank wrote:We've had several attempts which ended due to human Kalecgos dying. :(

I'd say that's a strong argument to try it with 3 tanks instead of 2.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

well

Postby Mavrix » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 am

Someone in our raid brought up the question of possibly having 4 tanks actually (one in each group) so there would always be 2 in demon zone when one tank gets knocked down a taunt would be available
Seems like it'd gimp either healing or dps to accomplish a 4 tank setup though
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Splug » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:30 am

Also, in my experience Kalecgos (the human) seems to take more damage when the dragon enters enrage. Normally he drops fairly slowly, but last week we had a period where I was in the shadow phase with no healers, so I just watched Sathrovarr beat Kalecgos while I waited for reinforcements. He dropped from 40% down to about 10% in 10-15 seconds, then dps came in and beat Sath down to his banish point right as I taunted.

That's just my observation from one or two pulls; it may not be accurate. But if he's always taking that much damage, then I really don't see how you'll be able to run with two tanks. Even the 10-20 second layover while the next tank is waiting for a portal to spawn is going to be enough for Kalecgos to die at that rate. Since the fight is hardly a damage race, substituting a dps class out for a third or fourth tank is an extremely small sacrifice. I don't see four tanks as necesary by any means, but we did try running with four our first couple pulls and it gave us a fallback in case someone died. Ultimately I'm not sure if it really mattered either way since you can shortchange damage output on the fight more or less with little or no consequence.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Questioner » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:37 am

It has been done with two tanks before, but I would not advise it. Kalecgos human form will lose about 20% of his health for every 30 seconds untanked non-enrage. This means that you need top of the line dps full time as well as perfect pickups when the tank gets ported below.

It is doable, but why put yourself in that kind of pressure when 3 tanks makes it almost a moot part of the fight?
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Barcode » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:26 pm

I have a question for those that have solo tanked the dragon form. solo tanking it, i never enter the spectral realm...is there any way that i would be forced to enter the realm?

are there any surprises that i need to be aware of trying this strat that i need to inform the rest of the raid about? is there any reason to rotate 3 tanks instead of this way? any help is appreciated.
Barcode

Postby Cakes » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:15 pm

He won't cast a portal on you if you're either

1) In a place where he can't cast it successfully, like the bushes around the edge of his platform or
2) The target highest on agro.
Cakes

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau