Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Baelor » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:27 am

Worldie wrote:Melees are trained to use their healthstones and HP potions.
There's also the odd melee death, happens sometimes.
All rogues CoS their debuffs after 20 seconds, warrior goes def stance, i don't know what the shaman does :P

Well, I can Divine Shield my debuffs off when the rogues do their cloak, but then I'm pretty much borked for the rest of the fight, and if I manage to get into the Spectral Realm right after that... no wings! D'oh! I hate Forbearance, it is my #2 hatred after (lack of) mana efficiency without JoWisdom up.

If you find out what the shammy does, it'd be immensely helpful.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Splug » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:45 am

Baelor wrote:How do you arrange the melee?
We only really have problems with them dieing if they're the fourth group. The first two portals, there are enough healers around to keep them topped off. The third they ride through with potions/healthstones, the fourth they scatter and hope only one of them dies.

Katamai wrote:Same aggro issues on Sathovar tonight.

AW+JoCr+Cons+RD+Exo+JoR+SoR resulted in losing aggro just a few seconds after corrupting strike and this time i didn't get CS as soon as i taunted.

I guess i could use more spell dmg but i wouldn't feel very comfortable with replacing the Insignia with Crescent. Replacing the Commendation with DM Card is "bad" enough.

Anyone got any ideas what could be going wrong? (yes, i did have RF up as well as Ret Aura )
I get the same random flakiness - sometimes Kalecgos will rip the demon off me without any trouble at all, and sometimes I can sit there without even autoattack and sath will keep pounding me. I think a few people have mentioned Kalecgos having a dementedly high rank of heroic strike that generates absurd amounts of threat. He seems to use it about every 15 seconds or so, and it effectively taunts Sathrovarr back onto him. Just have to take the demon back with another taunt/RD when it comes off cooldown, keeping in mind that it'll be about 10-20 seconds before Kalecgos does it again.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:02 pm

Baelor wrote:If you find out what the shammy does, it'd be immensely helpful.

He uses shamanistic rage if they don't get portalled after 3 portals

http://files.filefront.com/Kalecgosavi/ ... einfo.html

This was our first kill from one of our rogues PoV, maybe it can help you, you can enjoy me panicking at the end as well if you want some laughs.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

hrm

Postby Mavrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:27 am

Quick question on trinkets for kalecgos:
Dual Avoidance (e.g. pocketwatch + tortoise) or 1 of each (avoidance/stam = pocketwatch + commendation)?
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:51 am

1 of each imo. Commendation is good stam thing
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:50 pm

I've found Commendation to be about as effective as an avoidance trinket that has passive stamina as its secondary instead of a click-to-dodge. It's lovely :)
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby DJSticky » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:16 am

I've used both pocketwatch + commendation and Pocketwatch + SMI

I think I like the commendation combo the best because I somehow always end up tanking Kalec during the enrage which will inevitably proc my commendation. I just string togather the commendation proc then pocketwatch then nightmare seed and then prayers.
DJSticky

Postby Cylan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:07 am

I use the Shadowmoon Trinket, Nightmare Seed, and Ironshield Potion to maximize survival during the enrage on either side.
Cylan

Postby Jappobra » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:55 pm

We had our first tries tonight, the trash went really smooth (only 4 eaths up to Kalecgos), the portals are the hardest part atm. Cause our healers soon realised that the fight would not last that long, and they should really spam their big healing spells to keep the tanks up.

We got the dragon to 68% and the daemon to 72% before the raid whiped. Because I got teleported first and one group was slow in getting down the portal I got killed, but still we got Kalecgos to 39% before the entire raid was death (so the DPS was fine). The attempt after there was really np, but I took a corrupting strike and I died (yeah I know really stupid, did not pay attention :S )and that was our last try... So with one night to go I hope we can see him down pretty fast.... (gief new tanklegs&bracers, ty tankprio and the fact that all my other pala's are still trial :roll: )

But a good tip is to let all groups make a macro that tells their gorup to take a portal.. Even though it is pretty obvious, some might forget that :wink:
Jappobra

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:27 pm

You shouldn't blame yourself if you get corrupting strikes, you will get them anyway, and since it's not on timer you can't wait for Kalec to get it, he might lose too much HP.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby QuantumDelta » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:27 pm

Worldie wrote:You shouldn't blame yourself if you get corrupting strikes, you will get them anyway, and since it's not on timer you can't wait for Kalec to get it, he might lose too much HP.

It is actually on a 13 second 'cooldown' or so apparently!

Though I quite agree I'd rather tank it the whole time and take the corruptings myself anyway, I don't mind other tanks taunting off me at all but I really dislike letting Kalec take any damage at all when I'm in that realm, because if you look through the combat log he really does take a _LOT_ from that demon.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:56 pm

honestly, i really began to HATE this dude down below...
i mean, i came in right at a corrupting on kalec... healers were there...
Consec, taunt, Avenging Wrath, Judgement, Exorcism, Consec, Frisbee
Somewhere in between keeping my shield up
TPS somewhere around 2k - the usual start peak with AW...
getting corrupting and hes on aggro again
taunting him back, exorcism and judgement - no resists - aggro back on kalec

i mean how freaking much aggro does kalec (sometimes, that is...) do???
Ryuusuke

Postby DJSticky » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:18 am

Ryuusuke wrote:honestly, i really began to HATE this dude down below...
i mean, i came in right at a corrupting on kalec... healers were there...
Consec, taunt, Avenging Wrath, Judgement, Exorcism, Consec, Frisbee
Somewhere in between keeping my shield up
TPS somewhere around 2k - the usual start peak with AW...
getting corrupting and hes on aggro again
taunting him back, exorcism and judgement - no resists - aggro back on kalec

i mean how freaking much aggro does kalec (sometimes, that is...) do???

A lot, I think it was mentioned earlier but some people thing he has a very high damage heroic strike that he does from time to time. Most of the time I can keep agro on him, some times he just snatches it right back.

It's not a big deal if it gets pulled off you as long as he's tanked most of the time. Sure some times your tanks get a few resists and it's down to the wire at the last few seconds but most of the time it's cool.
DJSticky

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:08 pm

I finally got the great answer everyone was looking for.

Kalecgos is above Sathrovarr!

Proof: check the chain heals on the following pic:

Now we got one of the most important and gamebreaking questions about this boss answered.
Last edited by Worldie on Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zappi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:25 pm

UNBELIEVABLE!

The demon is in Kalecgos head .. so he MUST be above the raid.

Your pic is just a proof, that you stand upside down in the demon world - clamped on the ceiling by dark magic!
Zappi

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau