Remove Advertisements

Kalecgos

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Thu May 15, 2008 1:51 pm

I didn't notice any difference in him, i never loss aggro after i taunted.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lucit » Thu May 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Rorshach wrote:Did the Kalecgos fight get changed during the patch?

I had no problems keeping threat on Sathrovarr before the patch. I could hold him off Kalecgos' human form the whole time I was in the shadow realm.

So now, post-patch, I had to taunt Sathrovarr everytime my taunt CD was up because I couldn't hold threat to save my life. Now I'm at a loss as to why this was especially considering I just changed to a new threat spec that includes Sanctity Aura and does 13% more holy damage on demons.

Anyone else have this issue since the patch?

I didn't lose aggro, but we did have something rather odd happen... one of our tanks died around 20%, got brezzed and rebuffed in time to taunt Kalecgos at ~12%. At ~8%, I got ported back to the dragon realm and Kalecgos ran straight to me. Taunt's not supposed to work like that!
Lucit

Postby Katamai » Thu May 15, 2008 6:02 pm

I had major problems with aggro on Sathovar tonight but i thought that was due to getting a CS in the face right after i taunted. I also had RD bugging out more than ever on one fight.

We even wiped once cause human Kalec died and when we killed him on next go i tanked Sathovar maybe 1/3rd of the time i was supposed to :/
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby emoman » Thu May 15, 2008 8:17 pm

Anyone else observe a drastic change in human form tps since they patched revitalize??? I was 1st portal for tonight and every single time RD dropped human took agro back instantly.... so basically i held agro for a 1/3 ratio to RD CD. And I was at like 630-660 SD, Popping wings and had SotC up too
emoman

Postby Morganim » Thu May 15, 2008 8:53 pm

Yes he seems to aggro more its easily combatable tho.

Drop consecrate.
Taunt
Exorcism
Judgement.

If both exo and judgement hit or crit theres no way he should be able to get back off u unless you get an early stun.
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Fri May 16, 2008 3:43 am

I'd also suggest to JoCr before taunting. I usually judge crusader, wait for judgement CD to be ready, then consecrate, taunt, jor and exorcism at same time.
Never loss aggro.

On a particular note, make sure you don't gimp your TPS too much for going for EH/Avoidance, i did that error in the beginning and i wasn't surprised that i couldn't keep aggro.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Katamai » Fri May 16, 2008 5:44 am

Worldie wrote:I'd also suggest to JoCr before taunting. I usually judge crusader, wait for judgement CD to be ready, then consecrate, taunt, jor and exorcism at same time.
Never loss aggro.

On a particular note, make sure you don't gimp your TPS too much for going for EH/Avoidance, i did that error in the beginning and i wasn't surprised that i couldn't keep aggro.

I usually do that but we actually had portal rotation screwed so i was getting to Sathovar 1 sec before previous tank would get ported out.

Still something was off last night and i hope it was my bad luck/bad play rather than a bug.

(PS wtb Kalec plate legs... still haven't seen them drop and we killed him on first week of the patch :<)
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Morganim » Fri May 16, 2008 7:15 am

Worldie wrote:I'd also suggest to JoCr before taunting. I usually judge crusader, wait for judgement CD to be ready, then consecrate, taunt, jor and exorcism at same time.
Never loss aggro.

i tend to use light on this fight in both realms, just seems to make it a bit smoother for us.

we havent seen the plate legs either, and i know im 2nd or 3rd in line for them atm, unless the holy pallies pick up some gear :(
Morganim

Postby Worldie » Fri May 16, 2008 8:32 am

Katamai wrote:(PS wtb Kalec plate legs... still haven't seen them drop and we killed him on first week of the patch :<)

OT
Got em on our 2nd kill toghether with t6 wrist and the hate of all our holy paladins
/OT

I like swapping judgements on this fight, i always start with Crusader (i'm the first on dragon), i judge crusader on what i'm going to tank, but before changing realm i judge Wisdom or Light depending on where melees are.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Questioner » Fri May 16, 2008 8:34 am

Finally killed the bastard last night. It was a one shot, nearly perfect kill (1 rogue died to splash damage).

How the heck does that happen? Now...wtb Illidan shield and helm.
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Splug » Fri May 16, 2008 9:42 am

Questioner wrote:How the heck does that happen?
When a portal is spawned, it hits everyone near the player it spawns on for ~6k. If it lines up with an arcane buffet tick, it can burst players down. Melee tend to be piled a lot closer than casters, and there's no warning on the exact time to put CoS up; Kalecgos occasionally hesitates just long enough to throw that off, even if you're in the last group getting ported.

On a side note, that cooldown on CoS seems so much longer when you play a rogue, haha...

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

gear

Postby Mavrix » Fri May 16, 2008 11:10 am

Aside from trying to keep hit rating up to prevent taunt resists and having adequate HP, what are the other gearing ideals for the fight?
Gear for parry? Gear for pure EH?
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Worldie » Fri May 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Gear for pure EH, when you are stunned avoidance will do no good.

Hit rating is welcome but you should be able to keep 21k+ HP with no imp/shout. I run with 7% hit usually (talent included)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tisiphone » Fri May 16, 2008 12:56 pm

You don't need hit for Kalecgos at all. 15 seconds don't change anything, really.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Questioner » Fri May 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Splug wrote:
Questioner wrote:How the heck does that happen?
When a portal is spawned...

Actually, I meant how the heck did we one-shot it! :D

(We had only ever been below 30% once before in ~8 nights worth of attempts)
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau