Definitively a challenge now.

Quoted before you can change it.

11k HP? He's less of a tank than I am!
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby fiorina » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:22 am

Worldie wrote:On a new note, Brutalicus got buffed, now he has 11k HP O.O

That would mean 31k raid DPS needed to kill. That mean like 20 guilds will be able to kill him. That would mean Tigole went hardcore. That would mean we are dead and in heaven...
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby Atreidies » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:58 am

fiorina wrote:
Worldie wrote:On a new note, Brutalicus got buffed, now he has 11k HP O.O

That would mean 31k raid DPS needed to kill. That mean like 20 guilds will be able to kill him. That would mean Tigole went hardcore. That would mean we are dead and in heaven...

Brutallus encounter changes: Hit points increased from 7.3mil to 11mil, he has a lot more armor too. Saber Lash Removed, replaced with Meteor Strike. Meteor Strike hits for 2000 damage, a debuff is placed after damage which increases fire damage taken by 75%.

What this means now is multiple tanks, not sure of the timer on the Meteor Strike but that will be the determining factor of how many. He IS tauntable now, otherwise it would be nigh impossible to kill him in time having to manage multiple tank's threat. Either way, on a straight tank and spank fight it is NOT undoable to break 30k raid dps, but as it stands, a very large majority of guilds will not be able to, espeically with multiple tanks in the raid.

<Might> barely broke 35k raid dps on our last Anetheron kill using necros, and I think it will be considerably more difficult to keep that dps up over a 6 minute kill and not pull aggro.
Last edited by Atreidies on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby NarfJones » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:01 am

Atreidies wrote:Image

WTB your UI
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Atreidies » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:05 am

NarfJones wrote:WTB your UI

Not quite mine, I just didn't take the time to take an SS of Kalecgos, I died tanking on Davia at 2% on the left screen while spamming Holy Light on the right on Atreidies.

Draxyl's UI can be found here"
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 56&sid=1#4
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Bricksauce]Image
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Neuron » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:10 am

Atreidies wrote:

Not quite mine, I just didn't take the time to take an SS of Kalecgos, I died tanking on Davia at 2% on the left screen while spamming Holy Light on the right on Atreidies.

Wait a second, you are saying that you dual-boxed on kalecgos? I noticed you said something earlier, but I wasn't sure. You played two characters at once for this fight?
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Atreidies » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:33 am

Neuron wrote:Wait a second, you are saying that you dual-boxed on kalecgos? I noticed you said something earlier, but I wasn't sure. You played two characters at once for this fight?

Yeah, had a hell of a time the first 3 attempts I did this, learning to get to portals on Atreidies while keeping shield block up on Davia. Moving one toon wasn't hard, moving one while spamming an ability on the other was slightly more difficult. The real trick was keeping track of my arcane debuffs on Atreidies since I wasn't assigned a group to heal, would have been much more difficult to keep up with a group assignment, I just had to not die and tank heal/spot heal as I was able. All of this of course brought to you by Blizzard's infallable character transfer and making 1/3 of our guild sit out for Kalecgos and Brutallus firsts.
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby Dragonzbane » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:49 am

Atreidies wrote:Not quite mine, I just didn't take the time to take an SS of Kalecgos, I died tanking on Davia at 2% on the left screen while spamming Holy Light on the right on Atreidies.

Does his Mage QQ meter ever not read 100%?
lol
Dragonzbane

Postby Neuron » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:58 am

Atreidies wrote:
Neuron wrote:Wait a second, you are saying that you dual-boxed on kalecgos? I noticed you said something earlier, but I wasn't sure. You played two characters at once for this fight?

Yeah, had a hell of a time the first 3 attempts I did this, learning to get to portals on Atreidies while keeping shield block up on Davia. Moving one toon wasn't hard, moving one while spamming an ability on the other was slightly more difficult. The real trick was keeping track of my arcane debuffs on Atreidies since I wasn't assigned a group to heal, would have been much more difficult to keep up with a group assignment, I just had to not die and tank heal/spot heal as I was able. All of this of course brought to you by Blizzard's infallable character transfer and making 1/3 of our guild sit out for Kalecgos and Brutallus firsts.

Wow. All I can say is, you are more skilled than I am :shock:. At least, from the looks of my last few attempts, some people had enough trouble understanding what to do on a single character. You must have a solid raid group or strat down.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Oramac » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:31 am

where are you people finding this Brutalis info!?!?!?!!?
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Dorvan » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:34 am

mmo-champion/worldofraids are 2 of the most popular sources for this kind of news. I don't trust anything they say without blue until the PTR is up, but from that point on they're pretty reliable.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:16 am

11 Mill hp is a bit much, considering some of the highest Teron parses are maybe 38-39k raid dps, with totally staged groups (i.e. 3-4 healers max, 5 shamans typically). You've got two extraneous players because of a 3 tank requirement (maybe have 2 pally tanks if you can bubble off the debuff?), so the dps requirement is pretty ridiculous. However, that's what the PTR is for, and it's nice to see that things in Sunwell are probably going to get harder rather than easier.
Cakes

Postby Atreidies » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:19 am

Cakes wrote:11 Mill hp is a bit much, considering some of the highest Teron parses are maybe 38-39k raid dps, with totally staged groups (i.e. 3-4 healers max, 5 shamans typically). You've got two extraneous players because of a 3 tank requirement (maybe have 2 pally tanks if you can bubble off the debuff?), so the dps requirement is pretty ridiculous. However, that's what the PTR is for, and it's nice to see that things in Sunwell are probably going to get harder rather than easier.

The reason those parses are so high is because the way that the beta2 WWS client parses ghost damage as pets versus NPCs in the standard client. Like Hyjal and Necros, you can't put out that much dps 'yet' as a raid group on Brutallus, no NPCs to buff the raid with.
Image[/url]
Atreidies

Postby NarfJones » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 am

Atreidies wrote:

No longer a valid link :(
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby kalbear » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:21 am

You could probably go with a pally/warrior tank and two ferals. That'd likely produce the most DPS you could do without switching out. However, the amount of guilds that have that + all the DPS that could do enough for this fight is...small. We're talking a lot of buffing, even on non-progression content.
kalbear

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau