Remove Advertisements

Less Damage from Bosses -> Felmyst?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Less Damage from Bosses -> Felmyst?

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:24 am

Hey,

I don't find the blue post right now, but I remember, that not only the Health of the bosses is reduced by 30% but also there damage, is that right?

We are working on felmyst right now and the question for the encapsulate thing is: Move and Run or Stay and get AoE Healed.

If the damage is reduced, is encapsulate also reduced or just the white damage of the boss?

----------------------

Do you recommend using Arcane Resist Gear? (Cloak + Enchant + Kara Trinket?)

How many AoE Healers are needed for this? Is 3 enough?
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Zalaria » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:32 am

The post about it makes it clear:

...and most will have their standard melee damage output reduced as well, but their spell and ability damage are not being changed.

Both tactics worked before the patch, and should work still. It's a matter of what your guild is better at: movement or healing. AR should be unnecessary if you're running, but it can't hurt while you learn the fight. It's much more forgiving about DPS requirements now. AR is probably required for the stay-and-heal strategy, at least while learning it.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 am

I don't really see much of an advantage to staying in though. It's easy enough to move out of, and ranged groups barely have to stop DPSing to do so.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:24 am

The only situation in which you'd want to "stay" would be if you raid with 5 CoH priests.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby inthedrops » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:46 am

Worldie wrote:The only situation in which you'd want to "stay" would be if you raid with 5 CoH priests.

If you choose to stay you don't need 5 CoH priests. You can do it with less. Just have to plan out group positioning such that one priest covers two groups (we do it with 3 priests).
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:24 pm

1 arcane prot pot cauldron + stay in and heal == win
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:42 pm

fafhrd wrote:1 arcane prot pot cauldron + stay in and heal == win

That probably assumes you don't have a group 1 made by hunters wich works as magnet for encapsulates.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ryuusuke » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:23 am

Our Hunters really liked those progression stuff on felmyst
Getting killed by encapsulates nearly all time xD
Ryuusuke

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:39 am

We go there monday. Still not sure if we should move or stay. As we have to move anyhow on P2 I think we will try move.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Splug » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:39 am

The major advantage to the "soak it and stay" strategy was that you kept everyone in range for chain heals / mass dispel, where with the scatter plan it's their own responsibility to gear clear of the encapsulate damage and get to another group.

We used arcane protection potions to cover that; just burn it whenever your group gets encapsulate and you should be clear of the disaster zone before the potion gets burned through. With 1-2 encapsulates per ground phase (very rarely 3), it was extremely unlikely that a group was hit twice before their potion came off cooldown. Now that potions no longer come off cooldown, it instead runs off the strategy that Felmyst's hp are a joke and with only 2 ground phases, it's unlikely anyone gets hit twice at all through the fight.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:05 am

... and even if one group dies, as long as it's not including more than 3 healers, you can still do it fine with 5 less people ;)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:13 am

last week a 9 k hp resto drood died in 4 hits, so i am asuming 2-3k/hit every half a second is it? that's kinda hard to heal even with 5 CoH priests. GCD > them xD
caboom

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:38 am

Worldie wrote:
fafhrd wrote:1 arcane prot pot cauldron + stay in and heal == win

That probably assumes you don't have a group 1 made by hunters wich works as magnet for encapsulates.

We actually always do have a group with 3 hunters in it :P Doesn't die any more often than any other groups.

edit: oh and post 3.0 we stopped bothering with arcane pots at all - just stay in and heal, if your group gets encapped maybe pop an HS or something.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Tyaera » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Don't forget that Wild Growth + the paladin Holy Light glyph gives basically every healer a way to help out with healing that, and with 5-6 healers using whatever they have I think the stay and heal strat would be more forgiving of varied healer comps.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Splug » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:38 am

I got to spam brain heal on my shaman for Felmyst this week. AE damage wasn't nerfed, but it's also... not that bad. Encapsulate ticks and gas nova are the only real damage remaining in the encounter, so pretty much if the dispells fly quickly and people run from encapsulate it's not bad at all. Depending on strat it would be possible to heal through it, but I'm still a fan of running personally. For example, the pug I was in used two ranged stack points instead of 3-4, and trying to heal 10 people through encapsulate ticks just wasn't going to happen.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau