Remove Advertisements

Stepping into SW

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Stepping into SW

Postby Tyaera » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:11 pm

We're stepping into Sunwell possibly this week, maybe next. We killed Illidan two weeks ago. Can I get a quick check on my gear and avoidance levels, do I need to significantly change or regem anything? I have logged in what I THINK is my max avoidance gear with the exception of swapping out my Hyjal ring for the Sundered Souls.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&n=Tyaera
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Morganim » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:24 pm

Magisters Tce trinket SHITS all over the za parrylol one.
Beside that you should be fine. Although if you have the MH trash cape lying around i prefer that to siliks, especially on kalecgos where taunt resists suck
Morganim

Postby Tyaera » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:43 pm

I do have one of those.

And I use the ZA parrylol trinket for Bloodboil to increase my avoidance so that I don't get overly stacked debuffs when not tanking.
Tyaera

Postby Morganim » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:00 pm

Tyaera wrote:I do have one of those.

And I use the ZA parrylol trinket for Bloodboil to increase my avoidance so that I don't get overly stacked debuffs when not tanking.

I'd strongly look into farming it then, it will make a big difference over the horrible za one.

When your not tanking bloodboil why arent you standing to the side where you wont get any debuffs ?
Morganim

Postby Tyaera » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:09 pm

I have a Commendation, I just swap it out for the ZA one on BB. Last night was the first time I did that and it seemed to work very well, I got 1 stack max while not tanking and it fell off by itself many times.

the reason I don't usually stand off to the side is if I dont take at least 1-2 stacks I run out of mana fast, and if the MT gets punted then the OT gets disoriented, BB turns around, and depending on how accurately you positioned yourself, may cleave the melee.
Tyaera

Postby Karador » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:41 pm

Do you have your T6 Chest yet?

If so drop the T6 pants of fail ( gg on those blizz >.< ) and get the 2.4 badge ones and keep your 4 piece bonus.

Maybe a Pepe's cloak from Hyjal Trash if you have access to it.

Honestly though your gear is a little better than mine was when i first tanked in sunwell.

Stock up on Nightmare seeds and ironshield potions for the upcoming bosses and you should do fine.

Best of luck in there :)
Karador

Postby Tyaera » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:15 am

I have a Faceplate of the Impenetrable, I will probably wear that + 4pc rather than 2.4 badge legs + 4pc, but i haven't actually done any maths on which is a bigger upgrade.

its a moot point until i get said t6 chest though
Tyaera

Return to Sunwell Plateau