Remove Advertisements

Uphill battle to tank Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fafhrd » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Since OP is getting pissy, I'll chime in to say: no one other than you cares who's tanking, so long as they're making steady progress with the current tank. If they tried with you tanking and didn't make solid progress (and I mean "we're getting closer to a kill" progress, not "hey the paladin is higher on threat this time" progress), expect them to prefer tanking by whoever was tanking when they did make progress.

Regardless of what the raid leader may have told you, when faced with the choice of going with what was working before, or changing things up and maybe wiping an extra hour just to give you a chance to prove the merits of paladin tanking, the other officers and probably most of the raid will go with the former option.

And if they've already got a kill without you tanking, give up on it please. No one even remotely wants to have new tanking setups unnecessarily before a boss is thoroughly on farm status. We have a perfectly competent paladin who's done twins plenty of times. Are we going to ask him to tank twins tonight? No, because we can usually one shot it without him, and our only interest in twins in killing them to get to muru.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Elsie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:01 pm

"HAI WE KILLED THIS BOSS B4 W/O YOU SO YOU NEVAR GET IN K? SORRI I WANTZ MY LEWTS OFF MURU."
That's all I heard. I'd never want to raid with someone like that. I don't think anyone would since you can extend it to DPS and healers alike. A guild isn't made up of 25 people (mostly).
Elsie

Postby fafhrd » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:29 am

Elsie wrote:"HAI WE KILLED THIS BOSS B4 W/O YOU SO YOU NEVAR GET IN K? SORRI I WANTZ MY LEWTS OFF MURU."
That's all I heard. I'd never want to raid with someone like that. I don't think anyone would since you can extend it to DPS and healers alike. A guild isn't made up of 25 people (mostly).

People can get in fine, just doing something the raid is more comfortable with them doing. We have like 5 people that could theoretically tank twins fine, but I doubt any guild is going to waste recon time on kiljaeden to let each of 3 new tanks potentially learn to tank each boss along the way, unless you can't squeeze the person into the raid in some other role.

Yes the raid is made up of your friends. This goes both ways. The 3 other potential tanks will generally not want to make their friends sit through potential extra wipes just so they can say to themselves "I tanked twins!".
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Dragonzbane » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:20 am

fafhrd wrote:Since OP is getting pissy, I'll chime in to say: no one other than you cares who's tanking, so long as they're making steady progress with the current tank. If they tried with you tanking and didn't make solid progress (and I mean "we're getting closer to a kill" progress, not "hey the paladin is higher on threat this time" progress), expect them to prefer tanking by whoever was tanking when they did make progress.

Not only are you being an asshole, you aren't reading.

You assumed as did others here and made an ass out of yourself in the process.

We went from 90% to 30% with me in the fight and we wiped because of conflags and shadow stuns repeatedly.
That is solid progress for a learning night.

Lack of Communucation. Period.
That's all it is/was, between me and the RL, we are both at fault.

fafhrd wrote:Regardless of what the raid leader may have told you, when faced with the choice of going with what was working before, or changing things up and maybe wiping an extra hour just to give you a chance to prove the merits of paladin tanking, the other officers and probably most of the raid will go with the former option.

You don't read.
I have no comment for you.

fafhrd wrote:And if they've already got a kill without you tanking, give up on it please. No one even remotely wants to have new tanking setups unnecessarily before a boss is thoroughly on farm status.

Wrong.
Several people and some officers actually want me in tanking.

fafhrd wrote:We have a perfectly competent paladin who's done twins plenty of times. Are we going to ask him to tank twins tonight? No, because we can usually one shot it without him, and our only interest in twins in killing them to get to muru.

I don't care about you, you guild or your experience.

All you have done is kept this thread going.

I'm getting my shot. :P
The other alternative is barely working and they want things to go easier that's why they are going with me next week.

Anymore idiots want to come out of the woodwork?
:roll:
Dragonzbane

Postby inthedrops » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:28 am

Wow, it's no wonder you have a hard time with your raid leaders.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Dragonzbane » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:43 am

fafhrd wrote:People can get in fine, just doing something the raid is more comfortable with them doing. We have like 5 people that could theoretically tank twins fine, but I doubt any guild is going to waste recon time on kiljaeden to let each of 3 new tanks potentially learn to tank each boss along the way, unless you can't squeeze the person into the raid in some other role.

The raid in "general" is comfortable with me tanking.

I've been in the guild since day one, I've tanked from KZ to SWP, and have the best attendance of anyone.

We have an "MT" warrior, Myself, a Feral Druid and an Arms warrior that specs Prot half the week.

Myself and the "MT" are the only ones with constant attendance the past few months. The druid recently out of nowhere took a month off and we were lucky the the guild decided to give me a shot at learning Brut a few weeks after we killed him.
Dragonzbane

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:47 am

This thread has gotten out of hand and doesn't really serve any purpose at this point.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Sunwell Plateau