Remove Advertisements

Tanking Brutallus: Gearing for it, and surviving it.

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:53 am

Replace the spelldam gem in your gloves, try to get better legs (akama, badge or kalecgos', all beat T6 legs) then either, sub commendation with pocket watch and go for flask of fort, or keep commendation and go for major agi + major def, and you are good to go.

GIMME UR SWORD
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jonlo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:15 am

Worldie wrote:Replace the spelldam gem in your gloves, try to get better legs (akama, badge or kalecgos', all beat T6 legs) then either, sub commendation with pocket watch and go for flask of fort, or keep commendation and go for major agi + major def, and you are good to go.

GIMME UR SWORD

I just vendored the Akama legs like 2 days ago (I'm an idiot). But I can get the badge ones easy. Any recommendations for gemming? I was thinking agi/stam and def/stam or would double stam just be flat better?
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:59 am

Straight stam in those legs. Agility, Spell Damage, and mixed Stam gems in general are rarely worth it.

I'm really a fan of Pocketwatch+Commendation btw, can't imagine using any other trinket combo.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:32 am

Jonlo wrote:
Worldie wrote:Replace the spelldam gem in your gloves, try to get better legs (akama, badge or kalecgos', all beat T6 legs) then either, sub commendation with pocket watch and go for flask of fort, or keep commendation and go for major agi + major def, and you are good to go.

GIMME UR SWORD

I just vendored the Akama legs like 2 days ago (I'm an idiot). But I can get the badge ones easy. Any recommendations for gemming? I was thinking agi/stam and def/stam or would double stam just be flat better?

Ticket a Gm and say you want em back :)

Double stam in badge legs looks better btw.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jonlo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:52 am

Worldie wrote:
Jonlo wrote:

GIMME UR SWORD

Ticket a Gm and say you want em back :)

Double stam in badge legs looks better btw.

Better than Akama legs?
You can have my sword when I can have your beta key! :(
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Siryn » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:08 pm

thanks for this thread .. guild did stick with/ by me and last night we 1shot the bastard for our 1st kill of him ^^

trinkets i used : pocketwatch + insignia i did try commendation , but after convincing the RL that a lock should be in the tank grp , i switched it out.

pots: ironshields on more/less every cd
elixir of major agi and defense.

i played around a bit with gear as well, settling on t6 gloves and badges legs

/wave and i'm off to read on felmyst.
Siryn

Postby Fafa » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:04 am

Would a pocket watch/empyrean tortoise trinket combo work decently as an alternative? Lose stam (670 hp) or a little bit of passive avoidance (<1.5%) but you get 2 reliable avoidance boosts for stomps (15.85% and 8.72%).
Fafa

Postby Worldie » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:20 am

They can work.

Actually as long as you can meet the Eh requirement without a stamina trinket, 2x avoidance trinkets are always better than avoidance+stam.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby link » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:46 pm

Need some advice but i'm wondering that i have access to almost all gears but i'm just lacking an avoidance neck(using brooch of deftness) and BB belt.(Using SSC crafted belt)

Will i be able to tank brut without those 2 items?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Fanks
link

Postby Aleph » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:46 am

link wrote:Need some advice but i'm wondering that i have access to almost all gears but i'm just lacking an avoidance neck(using brooch of deftness) and BB belt.(Using SSC crafted belt)

Will i be able to tank brut without those 2 items?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Fanks

Actually you are significantly better geared than I am, and I'm not having any trouble tanking it (well, no moreso than our warrior MT who has over 6% more avoidance than I do). I would recommend subbing out the commendation for the pocketwatch though. Replacing the eternal earthstorm with a powerful earthstorm and both solid stars with solid sapphires will put you back at the EH requirement no problem.
Aleph

Postby link » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:21 am

cool i guess i will try to convince my guild to let me try. :twisted:
link

Postby Jonlo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:27 pm

REALLY tough question for this:

Ring of Sundered Souls or Band of the Stalwart Protector?
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:38 pm

Jonlo wrote:REALLY tough question for this:

Ring of Sundered Souls or Band of the Stalwart Protector?

Why not both?
Cakes

Postby Jonlo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:42 pm

Cause the Band of the Eternal Defender>Both of them.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Maelstrom » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:41 pm

As a quick question, I'm not near Brutallus yet (We're still working on Kalec), but I'm currently aiming on getting a tempest from Archimonde since most of our casters have one so it's pretty cheap (DKP-wise) and was wondering whether to get mongoose on it or not for extreme mitigation fights (Brut, and M'uru door ads as I am led to believe). I have a couple of points in reckoning so that may help with procs, although the general feeling is that it may be a waste and more threat is probably better.
Maelstrom

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau