Remove Advertisements

Tanking Brutallus: Gearing for it, and surviving it.

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Morendin » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:34 am

RD is a pain in the ass on Kalecgos, but brut only retargets a handful of time to apply Burn, I've NEVER had it fail, if you're having trouble, just directly taunt off the other tank
Morendin

Postby blish » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:29 pm

Wordlie do u have a link to that Felmyst video plz. :)
blish

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:42 am

Questioner wrote:I finally got the go to tank this fight last night when we had a different raid comp.

After 6 "empty" taunts in a row, I'm freakin done. RD sucks.

If you miss your first taunt you could always have the other tank spin him over to your side.

That's what we do or would do if we get a missed taunt.
6 in a row however is insanely unlucky, you shoulda went out and bought a Lottery ticket afterward.
Dragonzbane

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 am

Psh, more like locked the door and stayed off the roads with that kind of luck. 0.o
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Skeezy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Great guide, my only problem currently is I don't get to put it to use. I am currently being dropped in favor of druid/warrior.

What can I bring that they don't?

From what I've gathered-
-Zero problems with threat
-Imp JotC
-Cool bubble taunt thing

Seems like a good list to me, considering that warrior tanks don't bring much, other than being a warrior, (a dps warrior can apply all the debuffs) and a feral has a slightly better mitigation/avoidance for the fight, along with good threat gen.

Any help would be great, here the armory's
Feral- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... atsherface
Me- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... e&n=Skeezy
Warrior- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ale&n=Kyis
Skeezy

Postby stormknight » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:41 am

Skeezy, your links are not working for me, probably my net connection is bugged. :)

I experienced brutallus about 3 hours more. Got 7 hours total experience with him now. Everything is ok I mean, threat, stomp taunt rotation, trinket usings etc etc. But only problem is Im dying and warrior tank dying sometimes, I dont know maybe our gear is not helping at some point or healers just cant do anything with that kind of huge hits. Sometimes, its going pretty well, sometimes like BOOM.. damn hard. :)

Our armory links:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... tormknight
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... r&n=Vinyll

We're using every single consumabled for this fight. I will try to get WWS aswell, need to healers and their acts. I dont know but he is hitting very hard and he is hitting unreasoneble, gonna qq Blizzard for nerf him.. :)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
stormknight

Postby PsiVen » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:17 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Psh, more like locked the door and stayed off the roads with that kind of luck. 0.o

Odds of being struck by lightning in a given year (reported deaths + injuries), 1/700,000
Source

Odds of being struck by lightning twice in your lifetime, 1/9,000,000
Source

Odds of Brutallus resisting 6 taunts in a row, 1/1,000,000,000,000
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Aleph » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:10 pm

Brutallus is still our current progression fight. Last week my guild lost a prot warrior as well as a feral druid tank so I was finally given the chance to tank him along with our remaining prot warrior. Overall it went decently, on our best attempt we had him at 16% and was on target for a kill before enrage when the other tank died during a stomp.

My concern after reading through all the various Brutallus threads is that I don't seem to be able to reach the numbers that everyone is saying I need to survive this encounter. Obviously I am able to survive to some extent, but I have a feeling it is more due to RNG being kind to me, and I would like to do better.

At the moment, fully raid buffed, I have 21.5k health with CS + commendation + flask, 24k armor with imp devo + scroll + ironshield, and 6.6% miss, 30% dodge, 18% parry. Ideally I want to drop commendation for insignia, AND reach 22k health. I also want to find another 2% dodge and 1-2% parry or miss. But I can't for the life of me figure out where to find them!

What I am using:
Head: T6 (solid sapphire, powerful earthstorm, defender glyph)
Neck: Darkener's Grasp
Shoulders: T6 (2 x solid sapphire, greater warding)
Back: Slikk's (+12 defense)
Chest: T6 (3x solid sapphire, +150 health)
Wrist: Wristguards of Determination (+12 stam)
Hands: T6 (glowing shadowsong, +2% threat)
Belt: Girdle of Mighty Resolve (rigid lionseye, solid sapphire)
Legs: Judicator's Legguards (solid sapphire, glowing shadowsong, runed spinel, nethercleft)
Feet: Myrmidon's Treads (2 x solid sapphire, +12 stam)
Weapon: HoJ (+40 sp dmg)
Shield: Antonidas's Aegis (+18 stam)
Rings: Sundered Souls, Stalwart Protector
Trinkets: Pocketwatch, Commendation

What I have access to:
Every ring, necklace, trinket, and cloak. 5/8 T6 (MH + BT). The Seeker's Wristguards. Faceplate of the Impenetrable. Unbreakable Will. I do not have any other shields available, as our guild has had horrible luck with tanking shield drops.

I already know that I could regem my legs, but at best that will only gain me another 15 - 18 stamina depending on whether I go solid/glowing or solid/solid. How can gain 50-100 stamina and another 4% avoidance with what I have?
Aleph

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:28 pm

One thing is sure, Faceplate >>>> T6 helm, by far. More armor, more stam, more avoidance, more everything, possibly with a stam/agi gem.

Sub that spelldam gem for a agi/stam gem.

That's pretty much my gear.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aleph » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:35 pm

Worldie wrote:One thing is sure, Faceplate >>>> T6 helm, by far.

I would have to break my 4 piece bonus then, at least until I can pick up the T6 bracers. Is the loss of consecration threat worth the increase in survivability? I wasn't having any threat issues last night (actually the DPS were ecstatic with the threat I bring) but I don't know how far ahead I really was due to Omen glitching out.

Worldie wrote:Sub that spelldam gem for a agi/stam gem.

Ah agi/stam, thanks. I'm used to raiding with 800+ spell damage even on boss gear because the dps in my guild is insane and complain about being threat capped. This will take some getting used to.

Worldie wrote:That's pretty much my gear.

You run with Commendation too? What do you do for the stomp when everything is on cooldown, pray?
Aleph

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:44 pm

Having t6 bracers is optimal for set bonus and stats. However, you'll find yourself generating ridicolous TPS on brutallus anyway. Try without the helm, if you need more threat put it on again.

I usually use Insigna + Pocket watch, but when we want to do speed kills, i'm in healer party, so i use Commendation over Insigna to get the HP i lose from not being with the warrior.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aleph » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Worldie wrote:I usually use Insigna + Pocket watch, but when we want to do speed kills, i'm in healer party, so i use Commendation over Insigna to get the HP i lose from not being with the warrior.

My problem is I'm sitting at exactly 21.5k health with commendation AND warrior commanding shout (I run forward to pick up the first one, he runs forward to refresh). If I took off the commendation I'd drop below 21k health. I'll regem a few slots for stam and agi/stam and see where I end up after that. Thanks for the advice!
Aleph

Postby Worldie » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:14 pm

If that can help you, my gear looks like this

Helm: Faceplate of the Impenetrable (stam/stun resist + stam/agi + glyph of defender)
Neck: Darkener's grasp
Shoulders: T6 (double 15 stam + aldor exhalted enchant)
Back: Slikk with 120 armor
Chest: T6 (3x15 stam + 150 hp)
Bracers: T6 (15 stam + 12 stam)
Gloves: T6 (stam/agi + 2% threat) now replaced with Felmyst gloves tho
Belt: T6 belt (15 stam), i used the same belt you use with same gems before
Leg: Kalecgos leg (2x15 stam + stam/agi + nethercleft)
Boot: T6 boot (15 stam + 12 stam), before them i used naj boots with stam/agi and def/agi
Rings: Sundered Souls and Stalwart Protector
Trinkets: Commendation + Insigna

Major agi + Major def, 30 stam :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aleph » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:27 pm

Thanks!
Aleph

Postby Jonlo » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:44 am

My guild just killed Kalecgos, and I was wondering what gear would be worth swapping for Brutallus? Anything before the Kalecgos legs I have current access to.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ad&n=Jonlo

My avoidance and armor both seem really low for this fight...
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau