Remove Advertisements

PvE -> PvP transfers

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Delorean » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:42 am

LOL they should never have given us free xfers off Thaurissan to begin with.
Delorean

Postby Worldie » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:46 am

No, the error is that, being it a PvE -> PvP transfers. everyone transferred to get out of the PvE, not for the server itself.

If PvE -> PvP was always allowed there would be no issue in that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Levantine wrote:
Joanadark wrote:
they have done this before on US servers.. they allowed transfers from Alleria to Ysera. I know because I did it

I didn't know you used to be allerian.
=)

HOLY SHIT.

<3

Yeah, the internet over here isn't really stable.
A lot of times they shut it down on us for Operational Security reasons.

But I occasionally do stick my head in every so often when I can, just to make sure I didn't miss something earth-shatteringly exciting. You'd be surprised how many Marines are avid WoW players.

But yeah...

I've been lurking. In the shadows...

Like Batman.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Achtung » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:31 pm

Are these transfers for Alliance only?

I'm Aman'thul Horde and there is a large imbalance on the server.

And as for our Top 3 guilds transferring off...which guilds are you referring to? Alliance guilds?
I am fairly sure that all the Horde guilds have stayed put, and can't really comment on Alliance, but I think if NSB, Resilience or Molotov headed off somewhere then there would have been some talk about it.
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde - Retired Feb '09
Achtung

Postby Novariety » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:35 pm

achtung it is only available to alliance side.

And Khaz'goroth only the 1 end game alliance guild has moved. But plenty of others have moved over with them. In our guild quite a few have moved alts.
Novariety

Postby Alanshue » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:58 pm

Achtung wrote:Are these transfers for Alliance only?

I'm Aman'thul Horde and there is a large imbalance on the server.

And as for our Top 3 guilds transferring off...which guilds are you referring to? Alliance guilds?
I am fairly sure that all the Horde guilds have stayed put, and can't really comment on Alliance, but I think if NSB, Resilience or Molotov headed off somewhere then there would have been some talk about it.

The guilds that have moved from Aman'Thul are Not Steamboat, Resilience (not 100% confirmed iirc), and Gnomeland Security as of this morning.

EDIT:Clarification.
Alanshue

Postby Achtung » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:05 pm

They moved this morning? That's interesting. I didn't see any NSB in Shatt last night (not that I was really looking) but there were definately some Resilience people around.

No big loss really, there are still going to be a bunch more Alliance than Horde on Aman'Fail.
Achtung

Postby Alanshue » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:34 pm

Achtung wrote:They moved this morning? That's interesting. I didn't see any NSB in Shatt last night (not that I was really looking) but there were definately some Resilience people around.

No big loss really, there are still going to be a bunch more Alliance than Horde on Aman'Fail.

My 'as of this morning' comment was more a 'so far' sort of comment. Not Steamboat moved last night.

As for Resilience, mostly its rumors on the Thaurissam forum. But, they have been right so far. We'll see how it pans out.
Alanshue

Postby Mishdorf » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:15 am

Well all I can say is that the Horde still outnumber alliance on Thaurissan, but the alliance are way better geared these days.

The transfers have had their desired effect and the server is really fun again.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby Levantine » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:39 pm

Mishdorf wrote:Well all I can say is that the Horde still outnumber alliance on Thaurissan, but the alliance are way better geared these days.

That's a terrible thing to say.

I'm FINALLY settled on a server Alliance side, with a character about the same level as my first ever Pally and the server gets some life to it. Not fair.
Levantine

Postby Mishdorf » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:20 pm

Levantine wrote:
Mishdorf wrote:Well all I can say is that the Horde still outnumber alliance on Thaurissan, but the alliance are way better geared these days.

That's a terrible thing to say.

I'm FINALLY settled on a server Alliance side, with a character about the same level as my first ever Pally and the server gets some life to it. Not fair.

Well other than our guild making progression kills on netherspite and the first two ZA bosses, I don't think that there's been any PVE since the transfers opened. We've had more raids on SW and Org in the last week than ever before that. The whole server has had a carnival like atmosphere, with IQD being the main battlefield, literally strewn with skeletons and corpses the whole time. Great fun.

Mishdorf

Postby Achtung » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:12 pm

Sounds...great...?
Achtung

Postby Levantine » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Horde on Thaurissan have been STARVED for world PvP for as long as I can remember, there simply haven't been any Alliance at all on the server.
Levantine

Postby Mishdorf » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:53 pm

Levantine wrote:Horde on Thaurissan have been STARVED for world PvP for as long as I can remember, there simply haven't been any Alliance at all on the server.

Yeah and now we're gorging ourselves on the feast.

Mishdorf

Postby Levantine » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:54 pm

Mishdorf wrote:
Levantine wrote:Horde on Thaurissan have been STARVED for world PvP for as long as I can remember, there simply haven't been any Alliance at all on the server.

Yeah and now we're gorging ourselves on the feast.

Knowing some of the guilds that transferred over, it looks like you have some prey that know how to fight back a little as well. Should be fun. :P
Levantine

PreviousNext

Return to General