So tonight is my first Kara run.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Targonis » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:06 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Since when is skyriss bugged?

Heroic Arc, Bracers, worth it. They actually DO drop.
Targonis

Postby Amirya » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:47 pm

Arcand wrote:...and Arcatraz is kind of a dud as far as tank gear goes, since Skyriss is bugged and never, ever, ever drops the Elementium Band of the Sentry.

I'm still wearing that ring.... >.> You should have come run with me when I was still running it.

And Shadow Labs has the Shoulderguards of the Bold. That's the last piece of blue gear I want to get rid of.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:09 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Just getting the key for Arc gets you a nice tanking belt, which is all the incentive you need to get into Arc, really.

My tank gearing would have proceeded exactly the same if I'd gotten my Arcatraz key (and the very nice belt), gone in far enough to get my Karazhan key, and then dropped my Arcatraz key off the edge into the twisting nether.

And I was kidding about Skyriss. It's probably working fine but I've probably killed it 15-20 between three different 70s and have seen zero Elementium Bands.
Arcand

Postby Oniyoh » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Thanks so much for the replies! I feel alot better not that I know it's not impossible.

About the other gear: I do have the Helm, Legplates and Chest d3 pieces, all gemed out and enchanted. As well as the Devilshark cape, Dabiri's Enigma, Crystalforge sword, Platium Sheild of the Valourous, and so on. The only pieces of gear of mine that are really in need of an upgrade are my shoulds (The Zangramarsh quest reward shoulders ), my bracers (Some random green drop) and my boots (Uther's boots.) Thankfully though for the last bar I have the plan for Boots of the Protector so as soon as I get the last few level and mats, my boots should serve me well for quite some time.

I also got the Vinidcator's Wasitgaurd for Arca key quest chain yesturday so that is another plus.

By dumping a good portion of my hardearned daily money I managed to get 494 defense, 10k hitpoints as the GL wants me too. My raid starts in an half an hour and I am pumped for it. (Grant it today I managed to do a reg bot run in 35 minutes, No shoulder drop though, but it was incredibly fast and fun.) So I am looking foward to this run!

Thanks guys for all the advice, the loot I should be going after and what not. As soon as the Kara Run is over I am going to see what I can do about my gear and next week be that much closer to becoming the MT.

I'll let you know how it went in about three hours or so.
Oniyoh- level 80-Elune

-Your friendly neighborhood paladin-
Oniyoh

Postby Arcand » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Oniyoh wrote:By dumping a good portion of my hardearned daily money I managed to get 494 defense, 10k hitpoints as the GL wants me too.

This is encouraging. The 490 tells me he has some clue about tanking mechanics, and the 10k tells me he's not demanding that you bring tier 5 to the beginning of a tier 4 raid but he doesn't want total rubbish either.
Arcand

Postby Lookit » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:48 pm

Have fun in Kara - it really is a pally tank paradise - and don't forget to use Exorcism on all the undead mobs, and remember to use Superior Wizard Oil on your weapon!

Have fun stormin' the tower!
Lookit

Postby Dinedan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Arcand wrote:Steamvault offers the Devilshark Cape, Breastplate of the Righteous and some passable tank rings (and I feel like I'm forgetting something important in there)

The item you're probably thinking of is the Cenarion Expedition Rep neck - Strength of the Untamed.

Good luck on your first Raid - if you need shoulders get the Nexus-Guard Pauldrons from a Netherstorm Quest.
Dinedan

Postby Oniyoh » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Whew, what a fun raid!

In three hours we managed to get up the Curator, only wiping on Moroes once, because of a few unlucky hits to a boomkin.

I was very nervous at first, and was a bit loud on vent (having a naturall strong voice is ftl on vent) but by the time we got to curator (downed him in two envocates) I was calm and very focused. The best thing I heard was someone on vent saying after we did Moroes the second time "This Oni kid has potential" I also got a belt drop, some nice badges, but no Gauntlets from Maiden. Thruday we are finishing off the raid and I can hardly wait.
Oniyoh- level 80-Elune

-Your friendly neighborhood paladin-
Oniyoh

Postby Mishdorf » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:43 pm

Oniyoh wrote:Whew, what a fun raid!

In three hours we managed to get up the Curator, only wiping on Moroes once, because of a few unlucky hits to a boomkin.

I was very nervous at first, and was a bit loud on vent (having a naturall strong voice is ftl on vent) but by the time we got to curator (downed him in two envocates) I was calm and very focused. The best thing I heard was someone on vent saying after we did Moroes the second time "This Oni kid has potential" I also got a belt drop, some nice badges, but no Gauntlets from Maiden. Thruday we are finishing off the raid and I can hardly wait.

Be warned that the rest of Kara is significantly more difficult than the first half, particularly the shade, netherspite and prince fights. Nightbane isn't too bad (though is the most gear reliant). Chess is lolsauce (a guild on my server is named "We wiped on chess". I've actually been in a raid that has wiped on chess before (we were pugging like 6 people and the pugs got the king and healers). I have never tried illhoof without a pally MT, but it's not a tough fight (just tank kilrek and the adds if you have a warrior/druid on illy).

Your role as OT will be far less than it was in the first half of kara. Of the fights, only netherspite actually needs an OT, though illhoof also "needs" an offtank (and most prot pallys can easily tank illhoof and the adds including kilrek) . Bring your healing gear as it's what you will likely be doing on Shade, Prince and Nightbane.

"mana efficiency is for people who aren't tanking enough mobs" - Knaughty
Mishdorf

Postby Balanor » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:47 am

Arcand wrote:And I was kidding about Skyriss. It's probably working fine but I've probably killed it 15-20 between three different 70s and have seen zero Elementium Bands.

Nothing odd here. I had to run SV at least 25 times before I got the Devilshark Cape. I have run SH at least 30 times and no Figurine of the Colossus. I've run Arc about 10 times and the last time I was there, the ring drops. Its all luck...some good, some bad.
Balanor

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:58 am

Oniyoh wrote:Whew, what a fun raid!

There's a Vent setting for Outbound volume that will make you quieter
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Aranbenjo » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:52 am

Kinrain wrote:Lets see if I can get this right.

Attumen: Vambracers of courage
Moroes: Belt & Pocketwatch
Maiden: Barbed Choker & Iron Gauntlets
Opera: Eternium Greathelm
Curator: T4 Gloves token & Wrynn Dynasty greaves
Aran: Shermanar Ring
Chess: Battlescar Boots
Illhoof: Gilded Thorium Cloak
Nightbane: Mantle of Abrahmis
Netherspite: Sheild of Impenatrable Darkness/Panza'Thar Breastplate
Prince: T4 Helm token

Hope that helps

Running Kara since sept 2007 1@week and i still need:

Maiden: Barbed Choker
Aran: Shermanar Ring
Chess: Battlescar Boots
Illhoof: Gilded Thorium Cloak
Nightbane: Mantle of Abrahmis
Netherspite: Shield of Impenatrable Darkness
Prince: T4 Helm token

So be carefull with drop chance :)
The savior of the broken,the beaten and the damned

Aranbenjo.Thunderhorn.EU
Aranbenjo

Postby Targonis » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:32 am

I've never actually seen the Maiden drop her gloves or neck as a Pally.

Everytime I run with my mage, one or the other drops, everytime. Sometimes they BOTH drop.

Luck of the draw, glad I have the badge gloves/SSO exhalted neck... lol
Targonis

Postby majorwoo » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:17 am

well, congrats on your first kara tanking :)
It won't be long now, and you'll be standing in front of princes ankles wondering what the rest of him looks like! :)
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:27 am

Grats on your first Kara run!

I know I still should do the kara attunement quest.

Also, once you are friendly or so with Violet Eye you can go get a ring, I think, which might not be bad.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General