Remove Advertisements

good aggro lead?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

good aggro lead?

Postby Nuclearseal » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:47 am

hi ppl...i was loking to Invisusira youtube channel and sow this:

I currently use a Hammer of Judgement with +40 damage; I swap in
Thunderfury with Mongoose once I have a good aggro lead.

my point is..what do u mean with "...a good aggro lead."?

because i use at this moment the spell damage mace from mgt hc +40 spell damage..but i also have "The sun eater" + mongoose.

i wanna do that..because the avoidance that sun eater gives comparing to the avoidance of the mace...lol i dont need to say anything else...

So i should change the wepond in bosses fights wen i have a good aggro lead thats it?

numbers? threat per second? :S

wtf? xD

can any one explane or the Invisusira her self? xD

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... uclearseal
My armor link if u ppl wanna chek something Wink

PS: i puted this in another topi but i got no responce :/ so im trying here in the general..sry if it the wrong place
Nuclearseal

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:55 am

Good aggro lead is like, when you tank maulgar/karathress, by the time the adds are dead you are SO high in aggro that noone will steal off you.

In a normal situation where people dps the boss from 100% to 0 there's no such thing as "good threat lead".
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nuclearseal » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:02 am

so should i change wepond in the enconters as invisusira say that does?
and if i..wen? at "X" percentage of health on the boss? like 30% 40%?

=)
Nuclearseal

Postby sapientialb » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:03 am

I'll be taking my first pass at HKM tonight, since from what I've seen in the past on the dps side, it takes awhile before the dps actually gets to HKM theoritcally leading to a high threat lead. Anyone switch to a Kings Defender/Suneater for him eventually?

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 am

Nuclearseal wrote:so should i change wepond in the enconters as invisusira say that does?
and if i..wen? at "X" percentage of health on the boss? like 30% 40%?

=)

Unless as said, you got 2-3 minutes to build aggro with noone dpsing, or you are generating 1k TPS while the dps are generating 200 TPS, you will never be able to switch weapon.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nuclearseal » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:25 am

some time i build even more then 1k =) for short seconds then it drops to 700 800 900 and stay there having some spikes to +1k from times to times.

i will try it and tell=)
Nuclearseal

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:07 am

Nuclearseal wrote:some time i build even more then 1k =) for short seconds then it drops to 700 800 900 and stay there having some spikes to +1k from times to times.

i will try it and tell=)

You missed the key part of worldie said...

Worldie wrote:or you are generating 1k TPS while the dps are generating 200 TPS, you will never be able to switch weapon.

Generating 1k TPS for you is not uncommon, the DPS only generating 200 TPS isn't going to happen.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Nuclearseal » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:02 am

oh now i got the point =) generating 1k thread with dpsers generating 200:/ yeh hard to get that.
Nuclearseal

Postby Miyazaki » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:51 pm

U don't happen to be from Grim Batol EU, Nuclearseal, do you?

Anyways, if there are multiple mobs to be tanked and yours isn't the first to get killed you can generally swap to an avoidance weapon after you have "a good threat lead" - How much this is depends on quite a lot of stuff.

In Invisusira's case it's like, constant-consecrate generating threat on all mobs while only 1 of them is DPSd, therefore the threat lead on the other mobs was building up because the DPS wasn't on them.

Don't know if this helped you understand it, but I hope so.
Miyazaki

Postby Seloei » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:23 pm

"a good threat lead" is when you are sure that by swaping in that avoidance weapon, is that the mob will not turn around and wtfpwn the overzealous warlock.
You can start playing around with it, swap in an avoidance weapon when you have a ~20% lead, if you drop down to 0% lead, swap back. Play around, find the 'a good threat lead" point for you.
Seloei

Postby Nuclearseal » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:14 pm

Miyazaki wrote:U don't happen to be from Grim Batol EU, Nuclearseal, do you?

yes i am Myazaki. why?
Nuclearseal

Postby Lieris » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:45 pm

sapientialb wrote:I'll be taking my first pass at HKM tonight, since from what I've seen in the past on the dps side, it takes awhile before the dps actually gets to HKM theoritcally leading to a high threat lead. Anyone switch to a Kings Defender/Suneater for him eventually?

From what I remember he keeps dropping aggro after 50% but Sun Eater is okay at the start when healing is divided.

This whole threat lead thing just doesn't happen for bread and butter tank and spank fights unless your DPS sucks. :P Maybe late T4, early T5 level it works to an extent on very long and boring fights like Magtheridon but beyond that it's just not going to happen.

Your warrior weapon will make cameo appearances for Council, Shahraz, Karathress and that's it really. It's fun thing to have if you collect weapons (I have a Brutaliser) but you can live without it.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Miyazaki » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:53 pm

Nuclearseal wrote:
Miyazaki wrote:U don't happen to be from Grim Batol EU, Nuclearseal, do you?

yes i am Myazaki. why?

Greetings from me then, I'm from there aswell xP

*sorry about digging up this almost-old thread again*
Miyazaki

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Aggro lead basically means you'll tank the mob alone for a while. The moment a dpser starts on my mob I go back to threat weapon.

Fury warriors with recklessness are just too scary to consider otherwise.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Lucit » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:42 pm

There aren't really any relevant situations where you'll have a good threat lead. Destro locks, lol?
Lucit

Return to General